• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teams interested in Josh Smith

Jody23

• Premium Member

I would like to see Smoove in Houston and Dwight and CP3 in Atlanta with Horf.

The Hawks want to see this, I suspect CP3 wants this. The problem is I don't think this super squad is enough to get Dwight to play in Atlanta.

I don't think we've been in range of the record for makes in a game once in the past decade yet alone the several times that the Rockets were this past season alone.

Maybe its contagious..

• Admin

Does anybody think there's a chance the Hawks renounce Josh Smith's rights once free agency begins?

I think that could happen if Paul/Howard would sign here (they would have to). Otherwise we hold on to them to try to get a sign and trade happening

I want to comment on this idea that "three point chucking" is somehow bad.

It isn't. I'd much rather my team shoot the most three point shots in the NBA than the most long two point shots in the NBA.

Houston uses analytics heavily in how they construct their team. As a result, Houston shot the fewest amount of 16-23 foot jump shots in the NBA this past season. They shot the 2nd most three point shots in the NBA. They also had the third most attempted shots at the rim in the NBA.

74% of their shot attempts were either at the rim or behind the arc. That is what all teams should be striving to have. This is why I don't consider it a negative when someone says that so and so has no mid range game. My response to that is "Thank God!!"

I want to comment on this idea that "three point chucking" is somehow bad.

It isn't. I'd much rather my team shoot the most three point shots in the NBA than the most long two point shots in the NBA.

Houston uses analytics heavily in how they construct their team. As a result, Houston shot the fewest amount of 16-23 foot jump shots in the NBA this past season. They shot the 2nd most three point shots in the NBA. They also had the third most attempted shots at the rim in the NBA.

74% of their shot attempts were either at the rim or behind the arc. That is what all teams should be striving to have. This is why I don't consider it a negative when someone says that so and so has no mid range game. My response to that is "Thank God!!"

Honestly, they will try to use Smith for PnR's, they need another passer, and he fits next to Aisk. Defensively is where he will help has he can defend three positions and cover for James Harden's massive mistakes and gambles on defense. Josh will improve their team from 8th seed to 3rd or 4th seed.

While I am a believer in D12 in Houston, I do not think they will win a title or even get to the NBA Finals due to Harden's basic game which is based on threes, PnR, attacking the paint and drawing fouls, and being hot or cold. With that said, Harden defense is amazingly terrible as he gambles too much, misses rotations all of the time and gets others into foul trouble too much. While Houston will be a better regular season team with Dwight even next to Aisk who really should be his backup and not a starting C next to Dwight, they will still win a lot of regular season games.

I just don't see Houston being a NBA champion with James Harden as a #1 option at all. I am sold that he is Mitch Richmond 2.0.

I think that logic is fail proof in the playoffs. No mid range game and solid BBIQ, no major wins in the playoffs.

Houston is a talented up-tempo team who plays defense at times. Miss rotations and live and die by the three. I am not sold on their theory at all for championship success.

Edited by Leadership

Josh could also very well adversely effect Houston because of his desire to shoot mid range jumpers at a low efficiency. He will hurt their overall offensive efficiency as a jump shooter, and I highly doubt you will ever get him to reel in his desire to show off his mid range game, or lack thereof.

• Like 1

I am a believer in advanced statistics but only to a degree. Advanced stats say Harden is a better player and get than Russell Westbrook. But I watch Westbrook for over 3 years and I think Westbrook is a top notch player and I think Harden is a stat padder who isn't conducive to winning Basketball. Westbrook can draw fouls, play on and off the ball, can shoot the mid range very well, and is a decent 3pt shooter to keep the defense honest and he has the ability to be a lockdown defender.

Harden well, Harden gives you step back 3s.

Gives you PNR drives
Drives to his left

On the other end one of the worst players in the league.

The point is you don't have to equal Harden. If George played only to doing those things. At higher usage than what he is now. He be more efficient by theory and he still be 10 times the defensive player.

Like I say you can't cheat the game. You will get exposed at some point. Harden limited skill set has been exposed in the playoffs. He doesn't have two dribble pull ups. He has no midrange game. He has no off the ball game. He is a one handed player. He has little to no post up game. How is he so skilled offensively then? He always passes to his right if his step back fails. He always looking to throw his body into a defender that defends him well on the drive. If he can't get to his left he always going to pass the ball.

In reality George has more skill. He just not as efficient in the things he does. Harden is just extremely good at doing certain things. The skills he does have he is great at. The things he doesn't have he just doesn't even do or even seem to try to do.

Now to be honest. I wouldn't even ask George to play like Harden. Like I said before. Harden style takes away from his teammates. I can just put George with those other Rocket players and he fits in perfectly. I can put George on any team or any system and he fits in perfectly. Yet somehow he isn't skilled. Guys like Lin and Parsons aren't just watching Harden run PNR for quarters at a time. On the other side you can't just put Harden on the Pacers and be better. He such a high usage PNR type of player that everything you do has to change.

Matter of fact its almost funny. You hear people say wait till Harden gets better players. Then you'll see them always name the players that Harden would struggle to play with. Meaning Lin sucks but they don't want to go after Chris Paul because Harden needs the ball. How it was good he didn't get traded to BK because he couldn't play with Deron Williams. In essence he going to struggle playing with another ball dominate PG or wing player. Houston really just looking for big men to run PNR with.

I would take Blake Griffin over Harden. Kevin Love over Harden and would easily take Al Horford over Harden. At this point and for the future, I would take Paul George over Harden.

Edited by Leadership

Josh could also very well adversely effect Houston because of his desire to shoot mid range jumpers at a low efficiency. He will hurt their overall offensive efficiency as a jump shooter, and I highly doubt you will ever get him to reel in his desire to show off his mid range game, or lack thereof.

It would be hard for him to get ill-advised shots with Harden dominating the ball and using Smith to set up PnR and McHale using him as a passer more than a scorer. His role will naturally fit as it did when we had Jamal and Joe that one year when Smith preformed well. With that said, his issues will remain.

Unless Smith decides he wants to be coached, he'll be a problem for any team that signs him. He has to be willing to believe that others want what is best for him by changing his game from horrible shot selection to an efficient one. The problem is that Josh truly believes he is a good shooter and that those who try to take that from his game don't understand what his game is.

It will be interesting to see what teams are willing to take on Josh's poor BBIQ under the promise of better coaching or teammates will create a change in his game. He certainly could be an excellent Pippen to someone's Jordan, but he's no where in the realm of Jordan.

Harden is a better player than Westbrook, and it has everything to do with how much more efficient he is than Westbrook.

James Harden had 13.5 WP this past year to Westbrook's 8.4, so yes, he does contribute more to winning because he doesn't miss shots at an alarming rate the way Westbrook does.

Harden is a better player than Westbrook, and it has everything to do with how much more efficient he is than Westbrook. James Harden had 13.5 WP this past year to Westbrook's 8.4, so yes, he does contribute more to winning because he doesn't miss shots at an alarming rate the way Westbrook does.

I agree, Harden was very important in OKC. He was one of the main reasons thy beat SA and got to the finals last year and he dissapeared in the finals and Miami made OKC look ordinary because of it.

• Moderators

Harden's playoff worst .548 TS% this season destroys Westbrook's .510 career TS%. Westbrook is a better defender and distributor but they are pretty close players in value overall, IMO.

Harden is a better player than Westbrook, and it has everything to do with how much more efficient he is than Westbrook.

James Harden had 13.5 WP this past year to Westbrook's 8.4, so yes, he does contribute more to winning because he doesn't miss shots at an alarming rate the way Westbrook does.

Westbrook game is not made for advanced statistics. Never has and never will be like Kobe Bryant's game. Either way, I would take Westbrook over Harden all day long. I seen both players play numerous times. I will never be convinced you can win with Harden ever.

Harden's playoff worst .548 TS% this season destroys Westbrook's .510 career TS%. Westbrook is a better defender and distributor but they are pretty close players in value overall, IMO.

TS% only tells so much of the story. Harden sticks to what he does which I explained early. Westbrook game is far more versed and his impact is greater when it matters. Now Westbrook lack of PG skills, consistency, and at times BBIQ can be an issue but the other parts of his game is top notch. His on and off the ball ability as well as his length and ability to be a great on and off ball defender makes on one of the best players in the NBA. In my opinion, he is a superstar.