• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Larry Coon: Hawks can get Smoove, D12 and CP3 using bird rights?

Brotha2ThaNite

CP3 and Dwight talking 17 a piece is really pushing it. I do not even think that is possible if we just go by chart and the 100k we owe Jeremy Tyler. If the cap is set at 58.5, we can kiss Korver good buy but we will still have our MLE.

It is totally unrealistic. Anyone who is talking about CP3, Howard, Horford and Smith playing on the same team has not educated themselves on Atlanta's cap situation.

Cap wise it is possible if we sign Josh before CP3 and Howard.

D12/CP3: 12 24combined

Josh: 8

Al 12

combined 40 mil

Lou 5.2

Jenkins 1.8

combined 7 mil+ 40 mil 47 mil

min salary * 6= 2.94 mil

50 mil

We would still be under the cap by 8.5 million but it's highly not likely to happen given the market.

Cap wise it is possible if we sign Josh before CP3 and Howard.D12/CP3: 12 24combinedJosh: 8Al 12combined 40 milLou 5.2Jenkins 1.8combined 7 mil+ 40 mil 47 milmin salary * 6= 2.94 mil50 mil We would still be under the cap by 8.5 million but it's highly not likely to happen given the market.

I hope people realize that CP3 and Dwight aren't taking 12 each and Josh isn't taking 8 either. That would be an ugly team that could t shoot FTs or space the floor.

It is totally unrealistic. Anyone who is talking about CP3, Howard, Horford and Smith playing on the same team has not educated themselves on Atlanta's cap situation.

OK - we know keeping Smoove is a bit of a stretch - but if you don't keep Smoove can you get D12? - and if you get them both without CP3 what good is it?

All I know as an "uneducated cap person" is that we have a bunch of cap space and can have more with creative manouvers. Other teams aren't without "cap problems" - there are a ton of crappy contracts out there that will prevent guys from going where they want for a full salary.

If all the top guys just want full money - well guess what - teams know that D12 alone ain't taking them to the promised land (see ORL).

• Moderators

Cap wise it is possible if we sign Josh before CP3 and Howard.

D12/CP3: 12 24combined

Josh: 8

Al 12

combined 40 mil

Lou 5.2

Jenkins 1.8

combined 7 mil+ 40 mil 47 mil

min salary * 6= 2.94 mil

50 mil

We would still be under the cap by 8.5 million but it's highly not likely to happen given the market.

I call the notion that Josh will take 8M and that Dwight and Paul will both take 12M either intellectually dishonest or just plain old dumb.

Why not include a S&T of Lou Williams and Al for Lebron?

Also possible and equally 'highly not likely to happen' but isn't a Lebron, CP3, Josh & Dwight lineup even more exciting?

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

OK - we know keeping Smoove is a bit of a stretch - but if you don't keep Smoove can you get D12? - and if you get them both without CP3 what good is it?

All I know as an "uneducated cap person" is that we have a bunch of cap space and can have more with creative manouvers. Other teams aren't without "cap problems" - there are a ton of crappy contracts out there that will prevent guys from going where they want for a full salary.

If all the top guys just want full money - well guess what - teams know that D12 alone ain't taking them to the promised land (see ORL).

If they want top money, they won't change teams.

If they come to the Hawks, I think it will be because Dwight and Paul decided to play together. I don't think Smoove can entice Dwight to come.

Al, CP3 and Dwight offers both a great foundation and near max money for Dwight and Paul. That is very different than taking 10 or 12 million each along with Josh taking 2/3 of what he earns today.

I hope people realize that CP3 and Dwight aren't taking 12 each and Josh isn't taking 8 either. That would be an ugly team that could t shoot FTs or space the floor.

Of course it is totally unrealistic, he said there was no way it could happen with the cap. I disagreed with that statement. Now there is no way it could happen with CP3 and Dwight's salary demands.

Of course it is totally unrealistic, he said there was no way it could happen with the cap. I disagreed with that statement. Now there is no way it could happen with CP3 and Dwight's salary demands.

Demands are simply "demands" - if the salary cap goes to 58.5 those demands may no longer fit into the salary structures of almost all teams - making the "demands" a moot point.

So realistically you may not have to compare what we can give to the "max"...if nobody will give the max.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

Under the cap Atlanta could sign:

Paul to a minimum contract

Iggy to a minimum contract

Josh to a minimum contract

Al

Dwight to a minimum contract

Backups:

Teague to a minimum contract

Josh Jenkins

Lou Williams

Pekovic to a minimum contract and Minny declines to match

Jefferson to a minimum contract

Millsap to a minimum contract

2 1sts

Now that is wildly unrealistic, but so is the idea of Dwight, CP3 and Josh taking 12, 12, and 8.

It just isn't very interesting to discuss theoretically possible but totally unrealistic scenarios, IMO.

Under the cap Atlanta could sign:

Paul to a minimum contract

Iggy to a minimum contract

Josh to a minimum contract

Al

Dwight to a minimum contract

Backups:

Teague to a minimum contract

Josh Jenkins

Lou Williams

Pekovic to a minimum contract and Minny declines to match

Jefferson to a minimum contract

Millsap to a minimum contract

2 1sts

Now that is wildly unrealistic, but so is the idea of Dwight, CP3 and Josh taking 12, 12, and 8.

It just isn't very interesting to discuss theoretically possible but totally unrealistic scenarios, IMO.

Why did you waste our time with this unrealistic post? Your premiss is preposterous. Posted Image

Yes, yes...we realize you are trying to make a point "oh wise one"...but it's silly.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

By this along,

[*]

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

[*]

Lou Williams ($5,225,000)

[*]

John Jenkins ($1,258,800)

[*]

Draft pick #17 ($1,348,200, value for draft pick explained later)

[*]

Draft pick #18 ($1,280,800)

[*]

Tolly’s caphold ($884,293)

[*]

Mack 3rd year min salary(760k)

[*]

Scott 788,872 salary

[*]

Incomplete roster charge (4x$490,180 = $1,960,720)

[*]

Total salary is 25,651,190

[*]

Add 100,000 to Tyler's owe cash.

The most CP3 and Dwight can sign for is 16.4 a piece. That would put us right at the salary cap depending on Mack's deal. Of course we still have a MLE. The mid 2nd round picks are less than the min so that could saves us 40k.

• Like 1

By this along,

[*]

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Scott 788,872 salary

[*]

[*]

[*]

The most CP3 and Dwight can sign for is 16.4 a piece. That would put us right at the salary cap depending on Mack's deal. Of course we still have a MLE. The mid 2nd round picks are less than the min so that could saves us 40k.

Sounds like a plan....what is the "incomplete roster charge" of nearly $2m? Any way to avoid that and get value?

Edited by DJlaysitup

By this along,

[*]

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

Scott 788,872 salary

[*]

[*]

[*]

I definitely see Lou (and maybe a pick) traded for cap space (2010 Miami and Beasley) as a worse case scenario if they want more money. I really like Lou but CP3 and Dwight coming is a chance of a lifetime.

I definitely see Lou (and maybe a pick) traded for cap space (2010 Miami and Beasley) as a worse case scenario if they want more money. I really like Lou but CP3 and Dwight coming is a chance of a lifetime.

Why would you do that for? Lou would actually be used and his contract is favorable. I think if I was D12 and CP3, I would want Lou on the roster.

Why would you do that for? Lou would actually be used and his contract is favorable. I think if I was D12 and CP3, I would want Lou on the roster.

Lakers, Clippers, and Houston (soon?) will be able to offer the max. We have to be competitive with other teams (Even Ferry said players want to get paid and win).

Hey, I would love if we can get Dwight/CP3 for a discount, but if they walk in a meeting with Ferry and Bud and say "We want in, but we want max"; I doubt Ferry says: "BUT LOU HAS A FAVORABLE CONTRACT"

Lakers, Clippers, and Houston (soon?) will be able to offer the max. We have to be competitive with other teams (Even Ferry said players want to get paid and win).

Hey, I would love if we can get Dwight/CP3 for a discount, but if they walk in a meeting with Ferry and Bud and say "We want in, but we want max"; I doubt Ferry says: "BUT LOU HAS A FAVORABLE CONTRACT"

I think it is fairly clear now what needs to be done.

Offer them both the 16.x amounts for a starting contract and see if they bite on that.. Trade for cap room if they don't. I like that plan because nobody can offer the two that sort of money at the same time... not even close. Now it is up to bringing the two together or convincing them that a BIG 3 is the way to go.

The biggest problem will be that is we lose key players you need for a title to do that. D12 and CP3 will have to take less like Bron, Bosh and Wade did. We have to use Miami and San Antonio as examples in this. You put too much money and not enough players can hurt you. Lou Will is a player you need for making a run for the title. He would be our only off the bench player who is a lock for 15ppg. We need that, especially if Jenkins shooting is cold and Webster is going up v. Lebron.

Look at these title teams, they all took less than they could get on the open market. Westbrook, Duncan, Parker, Manu, Bron, Wade, and Bosh for example. D12 and CP3 want titles, they need to scarfice some money to play together and build a superteam that fits and is in the prime of their careers.

Edited by Leadership

If D12 and CP3 are serious about teaming up to win a championship then it behooves them to adjust their salaries to allow DF salarie flexibility to be able to add quality pieces around them to assist them in getting a ring.It may be difficult understanding that they are already sacrificing the 5th year gauranteed plus taking a lower starting salary but if they are serious about real WINNING then they should be amenable to it.Only time will tell if they care more about money or winning.