• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Given Permission to Talk to Darvin Ham

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

The NBA Finals begin on Thursday and new Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer will be in his familiar spot next to Gregg Popovich on the San Antonio bench. In the meantime, the Hawks have begun the process for building Budenholzer's coaching staff for next season. L.A. Daily News' Mark Medina reports that the Lakers have given Atlanta and Charlotte permission to speak with assistant coach Darvin Ham.

Ham played eight seasons in the NBA and spent the 2002-2003 season with the Hawks. He has spent time in the D-League where he was an assistant in Albuquerque and as a head coach in New Mexico. Ham was a part of Mike Brown's staff in Los Angeles and remained on staff after Mike D'Antoni took over. Ham spent most of this season working in player development and was not one of the Lakers' lead assistants. He could potentially see a much more expanded role in Atlanta or in Charlotte.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2013/6/4/4397190/atlanta-hawks-darvin-ham-assistant-coach

I immediately jump to a conclusion that his work with Dwight Howard in LA might have something to do with the interest? A way to intrique him more about the move to ATL? Familiar face on Bud's staff? Does he have any connections to RC, Bud, Popp?

• Like 1

Unless this is Dwight related then this is basically the equivalent of being allowed to touch the fat dirty girl at prom. Darvin may be a terrific coach someday but I can't say I've heard anything special about him as a coach right now so I can't see how he'd have a vastly expanded role in Atlanta unless it's carrying Dwight's luggage.

• Like 2

Fat dirty girl......Uglier than Tyrone hillHow do u guys really feel about him???

My comment had nothing to do with his looks, it was just a way of stating how underwhelmed I am with us being given permission to speak to Ham to be a coach.

• Moderators

If he was dressed up like a girl then yes that's what I'm guessing. Although he might not actually be dirty since he doesn't dress pretty sharp LOL.

Yes he is and the only conclusion I can come to is that this is either an effort to attract D12 or Ferry knows something and Dwight has requested Darvin on the staff. God I hope that's not tampering...

Yes he is and the only conclusion I can come to is that this is either an effort to attract D12 or Ferry knows something and Dwight has requested Darvin on the staff. God I hope that's not tampering...

Wow PSS...this is strange. I mean here I am a guy expecting that the Hawks (DF's) signing of Budenholzer was/is a direct signal that we were going to take the "long road" - then we get a "slip" from a ticket seller that says maybe we are looking at getting both D12 and CP3...then something like this (a likely quid pro quo for a future player?).

This is VERY intriguing. Holy Sh_t Baloney...maybe we DO have a shot at D12-CP3-Horford as our core for next year. OMG.

I have to be honest - with those three guys healthy and motivated (AL would be the glue) we could win it all.

Holy Sh_t.

OK, Ok, ok...calming down now - 3 guys - CP3, AL, D12...I don't care what you say - D12 healthy is a monster. Need a SG and a SF.

(heck you never know; maybe some guys got together and decided to screw over LeBron's "not 1, not 2, not, 3 not 4"..only way you get a ring is play with me crap. Maybe they are sick of his $&iT)....and Atlanta - with cap space - is the town to do it in.

OK with me

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

Unless this is Dwight related then this is basically the equivalent of being allowed to touch the fat dirty girl at prom. Darvin may be a terrific coach someday but I can't say I've heard anything special about him as a coach right now so I can't see how he'd have a vastly expanded role in Atlanta unless it's carrying Dwight's luggage.

hey man, when you're suits are as big as dwight's, they get heavy, especially with a bad back. don't underestimate the power of a good assistant coach/bell boy.

• Premium Member

If Howard specifically asked for some Ham on his plate, what do you do? You go out and find some Ham!

All of you guys are talking about Ham as if he's the coming in as the Top assistant? Ham has about 2 years of experience as an NBA coach and some developmental league stuff. I think this is more about closeness with Dwight. Sure, he will help with playing the pick and roll and scouting. Sure he will help with defense for bigs but I think his main thing is that he's a person who Dwight trusts. I would also look at Pat Ewing... maybe think about him as top assistant?

• Like 2

(heck you never know; maybe some guys got together and decided to screw over LeBron's "not 1, not 2, not, 3 not 4"..only way you get a ring is play with me crap. Maybe they are sick of his $&iT)....and Atlanta - with cap space - is the town to do it in.

If that's the plan, LeBron can say goodbye to the Southeast Division title too.