• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Switching Gears.... Hawks Five.

Diesel

• Premium Member

The other day, the Mailman said that Jordan wouldn't be on his first team, instead he'd have Lebron.

So that made me think.

Who would you have on your Atlanta Hawks starting 5? Over the last 30 years. (had to play at least 2 seasons).

For me, I'd say:

PG = Mookie

SG = Joe Johnson

SF = Dominique

PF = Shareef

C = Mutombo

The other day, the Mailman said that Jordan wouldn't be on his first team, instead he'd have Lebron.

So that made me think.

Who would you have on your Atlanta Hawks starting 5? Over the last 30 years. (had to play at least 2 seasons).

For me, I'd say:

PG = Mookie

SG = Joe Johnson

SF = Dominique

PF = Shareef

C = Mutombo

I would remove Shareef and put Willis in his place.

#1 - if Malone said that then he's an f'n moron

#2 - here's mine

PG = Mookie

SG = Smitty

SF = Dominique

PF = Horford

C = Mutombo

#3 - if Malone said that then he's an f'n moron

I forgot about Smitty. Solid choice at SG

I forgot about Smitty. Solid choice at SG

He's my guy above JJ and I can't say there's any huge reason other than I just liked him better and was more fond of those Hawks teams than JJ's teams.

I thought about going Doc at PG but I just loved Mookie too much because of how dominant he could be defensively.

#2 - here's mine

PG = Mookie

SG = Smitty

SF = Dominique

PF = Horford

C = Mutombo

This line-up

• Admin

The other day, the Mailman said that Jordan wouldn't be on his first team, instead he'd have Lebron. So that made me think. Who would you have on your Atlanta Hawks starting 5? Over the last 30 years. (had to play at least 2 seasons). For me, I'd say: PG = Mookie SG = Joe Johnson SF = Dominique PF = Shareef C = Mutombo

that is my team as well with Smith as 6th man.

• Admin

My all time (over the last 30 years)Magic Jordan Lebron ... Barely beating out BirdDuncanHakeemI can't pick any other guys before '82 because I never watched them play. Even if I did consider all time nba I would have Jordan as #1

My all time (over the last 30 years)MagicJordanLebron ... Barely beating out BirdDuncanHakeemI can't pick any other guys before '82 because I never watched them play. Even if I did consider all time nba I would have Jordan as #1

That would probably be my 82 and up lineup as well. I'm not a Lebron fan but the guy is one of the 10 best players of all time already and he's only going to get better.

#2 - here's mine

PG = Mookie

SG = Smitty

SF = Dominique

PF = Horford

C = Mutombo

Actually Malone took Oscar Robinson over Jordan at the 2. The article head is very misleading.

Malone picked

PG - Stockton

SG - Robinson

SF - Pippen

PF - Lebron

C - Chamberlain

Now defending Malone on the Pippen pick. I grew up in the Chicagoland area and watched the Bulls every night. I became a Hawks fan at the age of 16 and switched my allegiance full time after moving here in the early 90's. I watched both teams almost every game they were on for nearly 9 years.

Pippen was a far superior defensive player. I think its quite possible that Pippen was the most complete defensive player I have ever seen, often times winning games solely on his defensive prowess. I first direct you to this link which will show you Pippen defending Magic 1 on 1 and making Magic seem like a D-Leaguer link . (or here

)

Pippen was perhaps the best passing forward in 30 years. Not only did he have fabulously heads up vision while dribbling. Rarely were his passes off target. He often made it look easy. View

Despite a weight disadvantage and despite doing everything else, Pippen average 6.4 rebounds per game from the SF position including a season high 8.2 one year.

Spacing. Pippen understood floor spacing often functioning as the on floor captain setting up plays, spacing and directing traffic.

Game changer. Although largely overshadowed by the greatest finisher and most clutch player to ever lace them up, it was more often Pippen than Jordan who would inject himself to change the flow of games with amazing, Smoove like, electric plays. Always a threat to steal the ball and go the other way, Pippen could take a lack-a-dasical team performance and ignite his team with a coast to coast rebound-jam. Bulls announcers used to say of Pippen he scored his points when it mattered. Jordan used to say in interviews that when Scottie takes over a game its just best to let him do it. Retiring 3 years too late drove down his career averages where for most of his career he averaged 20/7/5/3/1 while playing amazing defense.

Malone was right on. Pippen is my favorite player of all time with only one real black mark on his resume', the argument with Phil Jackson about the last shot and the thing most people remember him most for.

Edited by thecampster

• Moderators

Pippen is my favorite player of all time with only one real black mark on his resume', the argument with Phil Jackson about the last shot and the thing most people remember him most for.

The biggest black mark on Pippen's resume for being one of the starters on the best All-Time players in NBA history is that he never won anything of consequence without Jordan and was only a role player after leaving Chicago following his age 32 season. The best argument for him is that he is one of the greatest wing defenders ever and a versatile player who didn't need the ball in his hand to impact the game. In that sense, there is a better argument for him on an All-Time team than as one of the top ___ players ever.

Edited by AHF

• Admin

Pippen was a good player but he was not all time...especially with players like Bird, Dr. j and Worthy. Also Lebron is not a pf so he is ahead of Pippen too. He has played the position but he is a sf.As said Pippen is a a complimentary player ... Not a lead dog. He never had to take the shot with the game on the line. When Jordan left he didn't really step up but just stayed the same.

I don't care that he picked Oscar at SG that's fine, then you move MJ to SF and ale brown to the bench. Any all time lineup without MJ starting is ridiculous to me. And Pippen in the starting 5 that's just dumb. Dumb!!!