• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rodman says Jordan would average 40 today and LeBron would be average in the 90's

Admin

Jordan was a gambler - who shaved points to make up for his golf losses. He should never have been let back in the game even after his silly attempt to keep his profile up trying baseball.

Jordan was little better than Pete Rose except that Stern and the NBA needed him (no other big stars coming up) so Stern let him come back and win a bunch more - and actually helped him with crooked refs.

Michael Jordan is the most over rated and cheating reffed fueled basketball player ever. He was simply a great scorer who couldn't be touched. He never beat a Bird team or a Magic team in their primes.

I would say that you put a body on MJ and make it fair and he would get 21-4-2...with a lousy percentage.

Best ever? Hogwash...IMO.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Jordan was a gambler - who shaved points to make up for his golf losses. He should never have been let back in the game even after his silly attempt to keep his profile up trying baseball.

Jordan was little better than Pete Rose except that Stern and the NBA needed him (no other big stars coming up) so Stern let him come back and win a bunch more - and actually helped him with crooked refs.

Michael Jordan is the most over rated and cheating reffed fueled basketball player ever. He was simply a great scorer who couldn't be touched. He never beat a Bird team or a Magic team in their primes.

I would say that you put a body on MJ and make it fair and he would get 21-4-2...with a lousy percentage.

Best ever? Hogwash...IMO.

I used to hate Jordan too, until I watched him closely. Jordan was not overrated. There were better defenders in the 80s and 90s and he went through them like swiss cheese. You are right he didn't beat those teams in their primes because they were teams. He did destroy the Magic Led Lakers once he reached his prime. I have always said this.. the difference between Jordan and everybody else was his competitiveness. Nobody is the addict that Jordan is. He's obsessive. That's what you need in superstars, they have to be obsessed with winning. Guys like Lebron and Durant have the skillset but they lack the cutthroat obsession that you find in a Jordan, Bird, or Magic. You knew Lebron didn't have it when he took his talents to South Beach to play with other great players. WHat?? Jordan would have cut his foot off before he teamed up with Isaiah or Magic. His goal was to beat them. The closest person I see to somebody having Jordan's competitiveness is Kobe and Kobe has a different personality. I think CP3 has that kind of competitive fire too. However, he's not on the same level of Jordan but he wants to win.

• Like 1

My god what is wrong with you people? Benhill your post may be one of the overall dumbest I've ever seen in my life on any site!!! Those Boston and Detroit teams were some of the greatest of ALL TIME and those guys were in their prime, while Jordan and his crew were still just young pups. But yea Kobe beating the magic, and the nets, 76ers, and pacers was such an impressive run. And Lebron beating the super young Thunder again is just amazing. Bird and magic had hall of fame teams, get out of here with that garbage!!!! Magic had Kareem, bird had 3/4 of his other starters in the hall of fame. You sound retarded. He won 6 rings without a big man in the age of big men. Try again my man, Jordan is and will always be the greatest of all time

• Like 3

I used to hate Jordan too, until I watched him closely. Jordan was not overrated. There were better defenders in the 80s and 90s and he went through them like swiss cheese. You are right he didn't beat those teams in their primes because they were teams. He did destroy the Magic Led Lakers once he reached his prime. I have always said this.. the difference between Jordan and everybody else was his competitiveness. Nobody is the addict that Jordan is. He's obsessive. That's what you need in superstars, they have to be obsessed with winning. Guys like Lebron and Durant have the skillset but they lack the cutthroat obsession that you find in a Jordan, Bird, or Magic. You knew Lebron didn't have it when he took his talents to South Beach to play with other great players. WHat?? Jordan would have cut his foot off before he teamed up with Isaiah or Magic. His goal was to beat them. The closest person I see to somebody having Jordan's competitiveness is Kobe and Kobe has a different personality. I think CP3 has that kind of competitive fire too. However, he's not on the same level of Jordan but he wants to win.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Jordan is the most fierce competitor in the history of sports, he was a dominantly skilled player, but there have been better! His desire to win is what made him almost unstoppable

My god what is wrong with you people? Benhill your post may be one of the overall dumbest I've ever seen in my life on any site!!! Those Boston and Detroit teams were some of the greatest of ALL TIME and those guys were in their prime, while Jordan and his crew were still just young pups. But yea Kobe beating the magic, and the nets, 76ers, and pacers was such an impressive run. And Lebron beating the super young Thunder again is just amazing. Bird and magic had hall of fame teams, get out of here with that garbage!!!! Magic had Kareem, bird had 3/4 of his other starters in the hall of fame. You sound retarded. He won 6 rings without a big man in the age of big men. Try again my man, Jordan is and will always be the greatest of all time

Without a big man AND a point guard.The best big man he played with was Horace Grant and the best PG he ever played with was actually a broken down 2 guard in Ron Harper.He prevented 1st ballot Hall of Fame guys from getting a ring.If Lebron can't beat the Spurs, thar will be his 3rd Finals lost, and a major negative mark on his legacy.Instead of Montana, Lebron is on track to be Elway ..... a guy with a ton of talent, but not good enough to beat the greats.
  • Like 1

Without a big man AND a point guard.The best big man he played with was Horace Grant and the best PG he ever played with was actually a broken down 2 guard in Ron Harper.He prevented 1st ballot Hall of Fame guys from getting a ring.If Lebron can't beat the Spurs, thar will be his 3rd Finals lost, and a major negative mark on his legacy.Instead of Montana, Lebron is on track to be Elway ..... a guy with a ton of talent, but not good enough to beat the greats.

Thank you!!! I mean This crap is just ridiculous. Michael Jordan overrated??? Like I must be in twilight zone or something bc this can't be real
  • Like 1

I agree with u Northcyde except for the best big Jordan played with was Rodman and the best point was Paxson or BJ Armstrong. Granted those dudes still lacked any star power whatsoever. The point is well taken, back then there was basically 1 star to a team. If you were lucky like Utah, you would have an awesome duo. But no way would you ever have a trio like Lebton has and create an all star type team. That's why there isn't really a debate about this in my mind. Jordan>Lebron ...old school>new

I agree with u Northcyde except for the best big Jordan played with was Rodman and the best point was Paxson or BJ Armstrong. Granted those dudes still lacked any star power whatsoever. The point is well taken, back then there was basically 1 star to a team. If you were lucky like Utah, you would have an awesome duo. But no way would you ever have a trio like Lebton has and create an all star type team. That's why there isn't really a debate about this in my mind. Jordan>Lebron ...old school>new

In the 90s yes but in the 80s these guys had all star teams to play with. The celtics, lakers, and 76ers were straight all star teams and people tried to diss Michael for not beating those teams...retarded.

I was just reading Jordan's wikipedia for kicks. Ridiculous. Also averaged almost 3 steals/gm that season.

But he's overrated!!!

He's like a woman who is an independently wealthy, rocket scientist playboy model, who cooks, cleans and is better in bed than any woman ever. That would be overrated too right?
Don't they sell those at Brookstone?

If they're sold anywhere I'm sure that would be the place!
And of course a product of such superior quality and craftsmanship would be sold out due to such high demand.