• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What feature would you like to see added to Hawksquawk?

Admin

Just want to get some ideas from you guys (and gals) as to what types of new features you would like to see added to Hawksquawk.

I've been tossing around the idea of coding the editor to allow the creation of an HTML table, which would make adding salary data, stats, etc. a lot easier to add to posts and have them look right.

So let's hear it...

Tables are not a bad idea....

They've been on my mind for a while, just not gonna be easy to implement. I hate that it's not a built-in feature of the editor, but it's a top priority to get working as it gets annoying creating my tables outside of here and then pasting them in.

Is there a way to post a link to a twitter status and then have it show up as an embedded picture of that particular person's tweet? I know when you post a link to youtube there will be an embedded video, so I was thinking along those same lines.

As a spitball idea, is there a way to tag posters in a thread? I know I do not read all posts on this board, so it would be a quick easy way of someone to get my attention. Or a way for me to get someone else's attention in a thread they may not be following. I could imagine this becoming a pain in the ass, but it's a thought.

That's a really cool idea about tagging someone to notify them but I haven't seen anyone talk of something like that. I will do some digging on that and on the Twitter idea. Have you seen the Twitter idea in practice someplace else?

• Admin

Is there a way to post a link to a twitter status and then have it show up as an embedded picture of that particular person's tweet? I know when you post a link to youtube there will be an embedded video, so I was thinking along those same lines.

Twitter embedded in post is a really good idea

• Like 1

Here is an article that has the actual tweet embedded: http://www.tigernet.com/update/football/Daniel-Rodriguez-tweets-Howards-Rock-11315 Yeah it is about Clemson, so sue me.

That would be pretty cool and it's a lot better looking than a basic quote. I wonder what kind of API Twitter has for creating that look. Update: They have a sample page that shows users how to manually embed a Twitter status, but not seeing how to get it working dynamically. Update 2: This may not be possible as the Twitter widget requires a script block to run and I don't allow people to type in scripts in the editor as that could lead to the site being hacked pretty easily. Will keep looking though and see if there's a solution.

All you gotta do is use the new [ tweet ] https://twitter.com/TheHawkSquawk/status/221423081833500673 [ /tweet] tags, without the spaces around the brackets and you'll get the embedded Tweet. The only downside is that the whole page has to finish loading before the Tweet is updated but it's like that on the page you showed as an example as well.

Alternatively you can click the Twitter bird icon in the editor toolbar and then just paste in the URL to the Tweet.

Awesome!

Although it looks like my mobile browser does not load up the tweet. It says some error about Javascript not being enabled. Could just be an error on my part though.

It probably won't work on your mobile phone as I don't think those support JavaScript but I will look into it.

Where's Dwight at on the side? Him, Al, and CP3 would be too sweet.

You must have too narrow of a screen resolution to see him because he's there to the left of Al. Unfortunately I only have so much screen real estate to work with.

• Like 1

The new simple shit you learn everyday that you somehow never knew...... Posted Image

Really you never knew how to zoom in or out? Funny stuff! Whatever you do, don't press CTRL + F6 + Fn + F9 + F11 + ENTER at the same time as it will blow your mind.