• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What feature would you like to see added to Hawksquawk?

Admin

I'd love to have more retro skins. I have to use 1280 x 720 resolution because any higher resolution makes the text and screen so small that it is impossible for me to read it.

I wish I could do that but it's just too hard to keep up with multiple skins when an upgraded version of the software comes out every 1-2 months with bug fixes and I have to apply them to every skin. Plus when I do my own upgrades I have to apply them to every skin and it's just terribly time consuming and eventually something breaks because I forgot to do something on a skin. Learned that the hard way back when we use to have 3-4 skins to choose from.

1280 x 720 is tiny but I think I designed the site to where at least the content area will fit in there without having to shrink down. I may play around with some different font choices and see if I can't come up with something where I can go a little larger for you guys with the smaller resolutions.

• Premium Member

I wish I could do that but it's just too hard to keep up with multiple skins when an upgraded version of the software comes out every 1-2 months with bug fixes and I have to apply them to every skin. Plus when I do my own upgrades I have to apply them to every skin and it's just terribly time consuming and eventually something breaks because I forgot to do something on a skin. Learned that the hard way back when we use to have 3-4 skins to choose from.

1280 x 720 is tiny but I think I designed the site to where at least the content area will fit in there without having to shrink down. I may play around with some different font choices and see if I can't come up with something where I can go a little larger for you guys with the smaller resolutions.

I would really appreciate it. As Much as I like kinda seen CP3 and Al on one side of the board and what looks like half of twitters on the right side I'd really rather have the main board a little bigger so I can read it easier without having to use keyboard shortcuts. It really is just this site I have the issue with. I use latest version of FF but customized to make it look like old FF.

I would really appreciate it. As Much as I like kinda seen CP3 and Al on one side of the board and what looks like half of twitters on the right side I'd really rather have the main board a little bigger so I can read it easier without having to use keyboard shortcuts. It really is just this site I have the issue with. I use latest version of FF but customized to make it look like old FF.

Oh now that I can't do, I can't increase the width of the content area as I'd have to do a major re-design of all the elements on the site and sorry dude I just don't have the time or energy for that, which is why we've only had minor changes the past couple of years vs full blown re-designs like we used to. At best I can increase the font size in the content area a little if that helps you and maybe get a font that is easier to read. In fact why don't you do me a favor and find me a web page where you can comfortably read it and I will see about matching that style?

I can't imagine this is the only site you have trouble with though as I've been doing web development for 11 years now and I'm using 13pt type here in the content area and most developers use 11-12pt type. We used to use 12pt but I increased it to 13 sometime back. But please send me an example of a site that you can comfortably read and I'll see what I can do about it.

Just wanted to let all Hawksquawk Supporters know that you all have unlimited edit time on your posts now. Meaning that you can even go back and edit posts from 2 years ago if you'd like, which I believe is the furthest you can go back due to posts older than 2 years being archived.

Hawksfanatic that should allow you to be able to go back and edit your CBA post at your leisure, which I'm sure thrills you to no end.

Would it be possible to set it up to be able to put a poll inside of a thread?

You mean like after a thread is already going? That wouldn't be possible unless the thread starter was a Hawksquawk Supporter and went back and edited the thread to add a poll.

• Moderators

Dolfan is doing great things with the Squawk. I am still a fan of his original idea in this thread - the ability to create tables. Heck, even the ability to dump excel tables into a post would be great. (I have no idea -- that might even be harder than creating an html table). Keep it up!

Dolfan is doing great things with the Squawk. I am still a fan of his original idea in this thread - the ability to create tables. Heck, even the ability to dump excel tables into a post would be great. (I have no idea -- that might even be harder than creating an html table). Keep it up!

Thank you sir. Actually I've looked into having the ability to dump Excel tables into here but it would require people uploading their Excel files to skydrive as that has the ability to embed an Excel file using JavaScript. So that along with regular HTML tables are definitely in the plans to help us all get better looking data in here and make it easier. IPB are on version 3.4.5 (although Squawk are still on 3.4.4 as I don't want to bug fix right now) and supposedly when 3.5.0 comes out they are going to introduce a new editor that makes things a lot more visual so what you see when you paste in is what you get, but I'm very skeptical about that.

Alright Hawksquawk Supporters I've got a nice little BETA version of an HTML table creator installed. You'll only be able to see the editor for this when you create your post with the full editor, and not the quick reply editor at the bottom of the page.

{content}

Right now it does not support BBCode inside of it, but it seems to support basic HTML so if you know how to create links with HTML then you can add them. Feel free to try out other stuff as well. I wasn't able to get images to post properly but that is supposed to be fixed in the next BETA version.

I warn you that this is going to take a bit to get used to and it's not exactly how I'd like it to be since you can't paste a bunch of table data into it, meaning you can only paste 1 cell at a time. But it's a nice start and hopefully it will continue to get better. So play around with it and let me know if you have any questions.

Check out the demo video below from the developer to see how to use it:

• Like 1

Tough to read on mobile in portrait mode because it forces the whole screen to go the length of the table. In landscape it seems to be OK but I would imagine a table wider than 4 columns would give it the same issues.I think it i a good move to only give supporters this option as it will drive some of those on the edge of supporting to donate a few bucks for the option to do this. I think there are probably too many free riders on the forum for the effort put in to this site (as well as the obvious costs associated with just keeping the site up). And as another "issue", why cant we keep donating after we hit a certain limit of donating. This is BULLSHIT that I cannot keep donating!

Yeah the tables won't do well on the mobile layout because tables are not flexible elements like that. I will have to modify the code to hide the overflow on the tables on mobile so they don't expand the width of the page. Haha if you're really that desperate to donate I will show you how you can, but really it's not necessary as you've helped out plenty with your generosity!!

And as another "issue", why cant we keep donating after we hit a certain limit of donating. This is BULLSHIT that I cannot keep donating!

Alright well you asked for it so the option is there now at any point to send a 'donation'. You'll see the box to enter the amount and then click the paypal button just under my avatar on all of my posts. I just want to reiterate that it is NOT expected for anyone to donate but hey if you want to then you're more than welcome to.