• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to move Al Horford?

GameTime

I love it. Al has can do everything a 29 point per game scorer could do and is more aggressive than him (really?) but can't outscore Josh Smith.

This sums up my reaction to this thread:

I'm done with this one so have fun with the remaining debate.

What about this reaction... :ahf2:

Regardless of the truth for the article or anything mentioning the Hawks trading Horford away. This would be the worst idea the franchise could do. I sincerely hope Ferry would not move a player of Al's caliber considering he has a good contract as well.

• Premium Member

Regardless of the truth for the article or anything mentioning the Hawks trading Horford away. This would be the worst idea the franchise could do. I sincerely hope Ferry would not move a player of Al's caliber considering he has a good contract as well.

I'm getting that the only way we move Horf is to get another player who is a better fit. I like Horf's fit because he's better as a High post player can play the PNR and will be out of Dwight's way. I like his contract and his youth. Still, there may be others who fit better that Ferry can get. I won't rule out moving Al until I have heard the choices and seen the plan. Some people thought it was a mistake for Boston to trade away AL Jefferson. However, there was a plan and a fit that they needed to succeed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This part is all of your opinion which I completely disagree with since you are always wrong.

:lol

You are delusional. I say that AL Horford is not Karl Malone and you say... I completely disagree??

It's called puff puff pass.... I like to see purple dragons and unicorns with wings too.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I'm probably just repeating something that several others have said... in fact, I see that Diesel and I appear to be on the same page... i.e., you've got Horf, and you've got an extra #1... so there's assets that might fetch someone who might be a bigger name #3 of the potential ATL Big 3, and making it even more tempting to CP3 and DH to come back to Georgia.

That's the problem... struggles to create their own offense. That's Horf.

In college Malone avged 18.9/9.3. He didn't seem to have a problem starting his offense. Coming out of Fl, everybody's main concern was will Horf be able to score. He has no goto move.

I agree. Horford is not Malone and he is not McHale from a post up standpoint. But he is efficient in comparison to McHale. His go to shot is probably a 15ft to 18ft jumper. Add that to his rebounding prowess and he is a solid fit as a number two or three option along side any center who likes to dominate the paint.

The three players pictured here along with someone like Marion or Iggy, would be a beast to match-up with for any team.