3rd Game - Finals - this is usually the Big One (game thread)

DJlaysitup

Mods feel free to move this but....This is the Big One !! (as a rule)

Spurs with an impressive win in MIA in the first game....MIA with an impressive run in the second.

Pundits have gone from "Heat are in serious trouble" to "Spurs can't play with Miami" ...of course the pundits have to talk to earn their paychecks.

My guess is that this will really be the key game of the series. It's gone from a must win for MIA (game 2) to nearly a must win for San Antonio (tonight).

I was very impressed by the Miami 33-5 run and you know that had to get into the Spurs' players' heads - still - they will be back on their homecourt and they know if they can pull off the unexpected (win em all at home) they don't have to go back to Miami.

I think this one goes down to the wire - I hope the officiating is up to par.

GO SPURS !! Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup

games 3 and 5 are usually the most important games and determine the direction the series is going.

Agreed - if it's 2-2 game fives are huge - but with this thing that I hate - 2-3-2 game 3's are overly important.

Pretty solid game early - S.A. looks energized - 17-12 - but this is WAY early.

P.S. - If the Spurs had Ivan coming off the bench they would be solid favorites !!

Edited by DJlaysitup

Gary Neal is making the Heat look silly out there! I really, really want us to get some guys like Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard!!!

I finally decided to start watching this series after game 1 and it hasn't disappointed. I rarely watch non-Hawk playoff games but since Budz is our new coach I wanted to see/hear from him in this series and I'm very surprised at how many times I've seen him off the bench coaching players during timeouts and while others are shooting FTs.

Mike Bewdenholzer will be the next head coach of the Hawks. Nice shoutout!

54-46....Spurs are controlling the game...Pop won't allow another run like they had

Never say never with the Heat they can go on a huge run at any point.

Love how spurs use their subs and how they put them in situations to succeed. Can't wait til Budz puts in a similar system for us

Agreed - and also - the way this series finishes may be more about can Wade play 3 solid games thatn will the Spurs get tired...Wade looks weak at this point....to me.

Subs like Miller and the Bird man can do a teeny bit - but they can't win a series.

66-52

Edited by DJlaysitup

Love how spurs use their subs and how they put them in situations to succeed. Can't wait til Budz puts in a similar system for us

Exactly, and how their players all have a defined role. They know what they are in the game for.

Wait is that Joe Johnson out there wearing LeBron's jersey? Oh man talk about choking he's killing his team.

Lol he has been bad, but as soon as I saw this he scored 9 straight points. Jynx?
  • Like 1

Wait is that Joe Johnson out there wearing LeBron's jersey? Oh man talk about choking he's killing his team.

Without help he is just going man - can't work - Jordan scored 63 in a losing effort against the Celtics.

Doesn't matter how much one guy scores - final score is all that matters.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1