• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Small forwards in Atlanta's Pipe dream?

Diesel

For your enjoyment.

Since you are one of these advanced stat guys... Let's get to it.

Advanced
Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · PRE · LINK · ?
Rk Player From To G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48 1 Martell Webster 2006 2013 470 11405 11.9 .553 .513 3.1 12.9 7.9 6.8 1.2 1.0 10.7 17.2 109 109 11.8 7.9 19.7 .083 2 Marvin Williams 2006 2013 560 16549 13.5 .537 .475 5.3 15.1 10.2 7.2 1.4 1.2 10.1 17.7 110 108 19.7 14.1 33.8 .098

Size:

PER: Marvin 13.5. Webster 11.9.

USG: Marvin 17.7 Webster 17.2

OWS: Marvin 19.7 Wester 11.8

DWS: Marvin 14.1 Webster 7.9

WS/48: Marvin 0.098 Webster 0.083

Like I was saying.... Webster is a poor Man's Marvin Williams.

Oh wow. Somebody bookmark this post and bronze it. It may be the only time in Hawksquawk history that we'll see Diesel even remotely post a favorable post about Marvin, even if it was more of a diss on another guy.

• Premium Member

The truth L'Ship is that you want to take Martell's career year and post it up against Marvin's worst year. You must be a Wizard's fan. Here's the problem with that. Martell had his Career year due to injury and neccessity. My experience in watching players who do that.... is that they always fall back to what they were before.

What you propose is similar to something out of our history. We had a player who blew up. Near career highs. Best play he has had ever from a statistics point of view. Was shooting something like 45% and he got his chance with increase PT due to injury.

Welp, that guy was valued by Charlotte who was trying to rebuild. So they took Ronald Flip Murray and found out that he was not the shooter he was with us.

Im not impressed with Mr. Disappearing acts Part 2 Martell Webster. I don't see him as a very good match to CP3 and D12. His defense is not as good as somebody like Wright. His offense thus far hasn't been consistent.

Nope.

The truth L'Ship is that you want to take Martell's career year and post it up against Marvin's worst year. You must be a Wizard's fan. Here's the problem with that. Martell had his Career year due to injury and neccessity. My experience in watching players who do that.... is that they always fall back to what they were before.

What you propose is similar to something out of our history. We had a player who blew up. Near career highs. Best play he has had ever from a statistics point of view. Was shooting something like 45% and he got his chance with increase PT due to injury.

Welp, that guy was valued by Charlotte who was trying to rebuild. So they took Ronald Flip Murray and found out that he was not the shooter he was with us.

Im not impressed with Mr. Disappearing acts Part 2 Martell Webster. I don't see him as a very good match to CP3 and D12. His defense is not as good as somebody like Wright. His offense thus far hasn't been consistent.

Nope.

His season got better when Wall came back. That's when he was even more of a threat due to John's PnR options. His corner 3 percentages was 6th in the NBA.

Martell Webster Wizards 148 49.3%

Once again, you are talking out of your ass and have no clue what you are talking about. Your experience says you really never know what you are talking about from my experience seeing you post recently so any thing else you say is a moot point to me.

I see him as an excellent match. You have don't zero to prove me wrong all you have did was say I don't like him. He had a career year. And I don't like him. That's great and all but the reality is, you have done zero to demerit anything I have said.

• Moderators

I'll throw Al-Farouq Aminu's hat in the ring again.

The Atlanta native and former Jeff Teague teammate at Wake has NO offensive game to speak of outside of 10 feet (career-high 47.5 FG% last season, but a paltry 29.8% from 3 feet out), but can be a strong defender at the wing and a stout rebounder from the 3-spot.

He played much better (especially rebounding) when he got out from under Monty Williams' doghouse earlier in the season. He can be useful going after offensive boards when Horf steps outside and/or (insert center here) gets doubled, and is still swift enough to recover on defense.

Aminu made a shade under $3 million last season and his next-year salary demands won't get much higher than $4 million, if at all. Plus he's young enough (turning 23 in September) to be a prime beneficiary of our new player development magicians. As an inside-oriented player, the boy's really gotta eat something (6'9" and 215 lbs.) and bulk up to max out his potential utility across positions.

He's accustomed to desperately passing up shots that aren't in his range, but that can be parlayed into a more efficient drive-and-disher in Coach Bud's offensive schemes.

~lw3

I'll throw Al-Farouq Aminu's hat in the ring again.

The Atlanta native and former Jeff Teague teammate at Wake has NO offensive game to speak of outside of 10 feet (career-high 47.5 FG% last season, but a paltry 29.8% from 3 feet out), but can be a strong defender at the wing and a stout rebounder from the 3-spot.

He played much better (especially rebounding) when he got out from under Monty Williams' doghouse earlier in the season. He can be useful going after offensive boards when Horf steps outside and/or (insert center here) gets doubled, and is still swift enough to recover on defense.

Aminu made a shade under $3 million last season and his next-year salary demands won't get much higher than $4 million, if at all. Plus he's young enough (turning 23 in September) to be a prime beneficiary of our new player development magicians. As an inside-oriented player, the boy's really gotta eat something (6'9" and 215 lbs.) and bulk up to max out his potential utility across positions.

He's accustomed to desperately passing up shots that aren't in his range, but that can be parlayed into a more efficient drive-and-disher in Coach Bud's offensive schemes.

~lw3

My only concern with him is the personnel we put around him and the type of system we will run. Good ball movement systems usually rely on good 3pt. shooters. Yes, you need slashers but you need those slashers to have the ability to pull up and hit an open shot to make it as effective as possible. I love his rebounding and defensive pressure though. He plays very hard and I think he might be a good player in the right system. I'm just not sure that system will be here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

His season got better when Wall came back. That's when he was even more of a threat due to John's PnR options. His corner 3 percentages was 6th in the NBA.

Martell Webster Wizards 148 49.3%

Once again, you are talking out of your ass and have no clue what you are talking about. Your experience says you really never know what you are talking about from my experience seeing you post recently so any thing else you say is a moot point to me.

I see him as an excellent match. You have don't zero to prove me wrong all you have did was say I don't like him. He had a career year. And I don't like him. That's great and all but the reality is, you have done zero to demerit anything I have said.

Tell you what, I will extend to you as I have extended to others. Let's let history decide. In about 6 months, let's revisit this topic and see who was right. I'm sure that in 6 months, you will be no longer around because your B.S. will be proven to be B.S. ANd My "talking out of my ass" would prove to be truth!! Hell maybe you are one of those embarrassed souls back with a new name trying to make a restart on Hawksquawk?? Check this out Ex squawker returned ;) you can't plainly see that I don't have to get a new identity or name change because I'm man enough to stand behind what I say. Everybody here knows that about me. The question Ex S.R. is

will you be?

• Premium Member

My only concern with him is the personnel we put around him and the type of system we will run. Good ball movement systems usually rely on good 3pt. shooters. Yes, you need slashers but you need those slashers to have the ability to pull up and hit an open shot to make it as effective as possible. I love his rebounding and defensive pressure though. He plays very hard and I think he might be a good player in the right system. I'm just not sure that system will be here.

Did CP3 ever play with him?

Did CP3 ever play with him?

No, but few have the opportunity to play with an elite PG so I'll give you that. I don't know who the magical fit is. I have my reservations about a SF that has zero shooting skills when we're basing our offense around 2 FA players, one of which dominates the ball in the post and needs shooters to kick out to when the defense collapses on him.

Tell you what, I will extend to you as I have extended to others. Let's let history decide. In about 6 months, let's revisit this topic and see who was right. I'm sure that in 6 months, you will be no longer around because your B.S. will be proven to be B.S. ANd My "talking out of my ass" would prove to be truth!! Hell maybe you are one of those embarrassed souls back with a new name trying to make a restart on Hawksquawk?? Check this out Ex squawker returned Posted Image you can't plainly see that I don't have to get a new identity or name change because I'm man enough to stand behind what I say. Everybody here knows that about me. The question Ex S.R. is

will you be?

What good is claiming my post is BS when I am basically using his numbers from last year and review from last season as the basics of my report. You are refuting it claiming some bullshit about Marvin Williams and saying you really don't like the guy based on what you saw two to three years ago. Sorry but I can't look at a rainbow and then you tell me you will sell me that rainbow for 10 dollars and expect me to buy your shit.

I would be good with Marvin at the MLE on that roster...he would fit it well.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is Diesel when I lay My vengeance upon thee for suggesting that we sign my arch nemesis Marvin Williams.
  • Like 1

No, but few have the opportunity to play with an elite PG so I'll give you that. I don't know who the magical fit is. I have my reservations about a SF that has zero shooting skills when we're basing our offense around 2 FA players, one of which dominates the ball in the post and needs shooters to kick out to when the defense collapses on him.

Greivis Vasquez was second only to Paul in assists per game and rate last season so I would say that yes, he has played with an elite PG even if Vasquez doesn't get the pub.

Greivis Vasquez was second only to Paul in assists per game and rate last season so I would say that yes, he has played with an elite PG even if Vasquez doesn't get the pub.

Vasquez isn't really a good player at all though. He is constantly outproduced. He doesn't set players up for easy points. His team is better without him than with him. NO fans want a PG in the draft and see PG as their biggest positional flaw with him and Rivers.