• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks hire investment bank to sell equity

pimp

http://m.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2013/06/11/hawks-hire-investment-bank-to-sell.html?r=full

Atlanta finished the 2012-13 regular season with an average attendance of 15,126, ranking the Hawks 26th in the 30-team NBA. They advanced to the playoffs for the sixth consecutive season before losing in the first round to Indiana this year.

C'mon man!!!! Even with the roster we have a better quality team than this people.

Looks like they are going all in this year. Another good sign. Another good read.

Thank you thank you thank you. Now let's see how the A$G end up screwing this up.

Branding campaign AND a fancy new scoreboard? Maybe they'll get those cameras or whatever it was that you've whined about several times that helps track advanced metrics more effectively as well.

• Moderators

Branding campaign AND a fancy new scoreboard? Maybe they'll get those cameras or whatever it was that you've whined about several times that helps track advanced metrics more effectively as well.

I would support this decision. Also, shine new things is a plus when attracting FA's. It's so nice having a competent FO now...

• Like 2

Then next year they will hire someone to actually work with SportVU! I can see it now, a well oiled machine pumping out highlights in the factory. We are so close to doing it.

Highlights in The Highlight Factory from now on will be passes whipping around the court while an incessant loop of "I whip my hair" modified to say "pass" instead of "hair" plays over and over in a similar fashion to the Indy cars that they play at Conseco / Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

Pretty excited about the new practice facility and branding campaign. Based on the pictures I've seen of the facility in the Arena, it just looks bit like a gloomy cave with no natural light, which doesn't promote a great work ethic in the players. I'm sure they'd rather work out somewhere else.

New scoreboard is just a nice bonus.

• Premium Member

We already have a couple of dicks for owners. Now you want Jimmies? Posted Image

Strategically speaking, Kennedy is a Cox and Hayes is the CEO and President of Cox Communication. Those guys own all the media around Atlanta. I put Hayes first because he's more likely to be interested in Sports. Still, strategically, it just makes more sense if you have a co-owner who can control whatever press comes out about his team.

Strategically speaking, Kennedy is a Cox and Hayes is the CEO and President of Cox Communication. Those guys own all the media around Atlanta. I put Hayes first because he's more likely to be interested in Sports. Still, strategically, it just makes more sense if you have a co-owner who can control whatever press comes out about his team.

No worries. I wasn't really questioning your suggestion. I was just being silly. It's kinda' my thing.

I think the ASG are doing a pretty damn good job the past 12 months or so, getting Ferry, now getting Budz, trying to get a new practice facility, new scoreboard, marketing campaign for the team, etc. Maybe it's time to cut them a little slack and see what happens over the next 2 years and not try and replace guys that very well respected men like Ferry and Budz obviously liked enough to leave what they had in San Antonio to join them after turning down overtures in numerous other places.

• Like 1

I think the ASG are doing a pretty damn good job the past 12 months or so, getting Ferry, now getting Budz, trying to get a new practice facility, new scoreboard, marketing campaign for the team, etc. Maybe it's time to cut them a little slack and see what happens over the next 2 years and not try and replace guys that very well respected men like Ferry and Budz obviously liked enough to leave what they had in San Antonio to join them after turning down overtures in numerous other places.

Agreed - I think they've realized they made a LOT of mistakes and have taken a step back and are allowing basketball people to make basketball decisions.

I'd have to agree. I was honestly joking with my comment. I've questioned this group in the past, but people can change and it seems like they've wised up over the past year or so.

• Like 1

I'd have to agree. I was honestly joking with my comment. I've questioned this group in the past, but people can change and it seems like they've wised up over the past year or so.

You're not one of the people who've been overly hard on them. I know some guys are butthurt about what they did with the hockey team and that's all fine and well, but for those who aren't hockey fans let's all realize that while the ASG made lots of mistakes in the past they are at least trying to learn from them and become better owners now. Heck when was the last time we heard anything from one of them?

• Like 1

I could've sworn that we had a practice facility in the past. If we didn't, that just goes to show how much this ownership has cut corners.

The ASG finally did something right last year, when they replaced the stats scoreboard with the big LED-like stat board on both ends. But that scoreboard is kind of outdated.

I can't speak enough about the visual show that they put on in Memphis. They use their scoreboard and the advertising boards that separate each level in fantastic fashion.

This is the type of visual atmosphere I want to see at Philips. Kiss Cam should not be the highlight of the fan experience, other than the game.

• Like 1

I could've sworn that we had a practice facility in the past. If we didn't, that just goes to show how much this ownership has cut corners.

The ASG finally did something right last year, when they replaced the stats scoreboard with the big LED-like stat board on both ends. But that scoreboard is kind of outdated.

I can't speak enough about the visual show that they put on in Memphis. They use their scoreboard and the advertising boards that separate each level in fantastic fashion.

This is the type of visual atmosphere I want to see at Philips. Kiss Cam should not be the highlight of the fan experience, other than the game.

Uhh if they didn't feature the kiss cam, what would girls who go to see the Hawks have to get excited about? Surely they don't understand what's happening on the court.

• Like 1