• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kurt Helin: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard text about teaming up. This will not happen.

GameTime

We explained the cap to you guys a thousand times. We can renounces the rights to all of our FA's rFA or unrestricted FA.

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

Lou Williams ($5,225,000)

John Jenkins ($1,258,800)

Draft pick #17 ($1,348,200, value for draft pick explained later)

Draft pick #18 ($1,280,800)

Tolly’s caphold ($884,293)

Incomplete roster charge (6x$490,180 = $3,431,260)

+ Mack's 884,293 and Scott's 788,872 - 980,360(2 players)= 692,805 +3,431,260

= 4,124,065

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

Mack 3rd year min salary($884,293)

Scott 788,872 salary

Incomplete roster charge (4x$490,180 = $1,960,720)

Total salary is 25,775,978

[*]We have two mid 2nd round picks which was 450k last year. That could be our 9th and 10th man and it could save us 100k combined. [*]Incomplete roster charge is only valid without a player. If we sign Howard and CP3, they would be our 9th and 10th man with the picks they would be our 11th and 12th man. [*]With the estimated cap at 58.5, we would have up to 32.8 in cap space. [*]We do not have a MLE right now since we are under the cap floor but we would have one if we signed both CP3 and Dwight. [*]It would be smart if Dwight and CP3 took less to play together. For starters, if they want Korver they would have to take 13.5 million(27 million) in their first year a piece. Korver can sign for 4 million and we could still use our MLE. [*]Most likely, CP3 and Dwight will sign for 15 mil a piece(30 million) which covers most of our cap and allows us to sign the min level players and a MLE player. [*]While Houston with some trades could offer Dwight the max and CP3's max. They really couldn't get both players neither can Dallas. [*]Atlanta at the best will have to ask Dwight and CP3 to take 5 to 3 million dollars less than they can get in LA but give them 3-1 less than they can get elsewhere. Remember, Houston cannot offer Dwight close to what LA can due to the new CBA. Makes us a lot more competitive in this race. [*]Basically, Atlanta can easily sign D12 and CP3 and the min level players. The issue is Atlanta has to find ways to not sign them and be capped out. They need to get them to take less and buy into team before players, wins before accolades. [*]The most we can offer CP3 and Dwight combined is 16.4 million dollars a year with their list. Now of course mid 2nd rounders are cheaper than min FA's and we have the option to renounce Tolly's(possible), Scott(Extremely unlikely), and Mack(Not likely but possible) rights.

Edited by Leadership

We explained the cap to you guys a thousand times. We can renounces the rights to all of our FA's rFA or unrestricted FA.

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

Incomplete roster charge (6x$490,180 = $3,431,260)

+ Mack's 884,293 and Scott's 788,872 - 980,360(2 players)= 692,805 +3,431,260

= 4,124,065

Al Horford ($12,000,000)

Mack 3rd year min salary($884,293)

Scott 788,872 salary

Incomplete roster charge (4x$490,180 = $1,960,720)

Total salary is 25,775,978

[*]We have two mid 2nd round picks which was 450k last year. That could be our 9th and 10th man and it could save us 100k combined.

[*]Incomplete roster charge is only valid without a player. If we sign Howard and CP3, they would be our 9th and 10th man with the picks they would be our 11th and 12th man.

[*]With the estimated cap at 58.5, we would have up to 32.8 in cap space.

[*]We do not have a MLE right now since we are under the cap floor but we would have one if we signed both CP3 and Dwight.

[*]It would be smart if Dwight and CP3 took less to play together. For starters, if they want Korver they would have to take 13.5 million(27 million) in their first year a piece. Korver can sign for 4 million and we could still use our MLE.

[*]Most likely, CP3 and Dwight will sign for 15 mil a piece(30 million) which covers most of our cap and allows us to sign the min level players and a MLE player.

[*]While Houston with some trades could offer Dwight the max and CP3's max. They really couldn't get both players neither can Dallas.

[*]Atlanta at the best will have to ask Dwight and CP3 to take 5 to 3 million dollars less than they can get in LA but give them 3-1 less than they can get elsewhere. Remember, Houston cannot offer Dwight close to what LA can due to the new CBA. Makes us a lot more competitive in this race.

[*]Basically, Atlanta can easily sign D12 and CP3 and the min level players. The issue is Atlanta has to find ways to not sign them and be capped out. They need to get them to take less and buy into team before players, wins before accolades.

[*]The most we can offer CP3 and Dwight combined is 16.4 million dollars a year with their list. Now of course mid 2nd rounders are cheaper than min FA's and we have the option to renounce Tolly's(possible), Scott(Extremely unlikely), and Mack(Not likely but possible) rights.

Try to explain it to the writers.

I just found the article to be entertaining.

"You really think Danny Ferry is going to play that game?"

Don't question Obi-Ferry.

There cap holds still exist unless renounce by Ferry.

Which they almost certainly will this season. If we draft a Euro that doesn't come over to play right away, does his salary still count against our cap? If not, that's another way to save a little money. Draft one of those Euros with that #17 pick and it saves you almost $1 million vs. a min. salary player.

This guy named some players who haven't been on the team in the past few years: Armstrong, Hilton, and Thomas.

lol, he read the sham article, got hyped and wrote this dumb crap.

Let's take out Totty cap hold and with the first 1st round pick, we draft an international player who isn't going to be in the NBA next year. Replaced them with two min players. which is 1,348,200 + 884,293= -2,232,493 = 1,252,133 in extra cap room.

6 min players = 3,212,853

Total salary is = 24,523,845

This give us 33,976,155 to spend on CP3 and Dwight which would be nearly 17 million dollars a piece to spend on both players.

In other words, it would be best you use one of our draft picks on an Euro but not both because we need to add more talent and depth since we will have rookies and vet min guys. The best thing we have is a MLE and a LLE where we can use to sign players who can help.

In all likeliness,

CP3

Jenkins

MLE

Horf

Dwight

6th: Lou

Scott

Mack

Draft pick

LLE

2nd rounder

2nd rounder

Is most likely.

• Like 1

Which they almost certainly will this season. If we draft a Euro that doesn't come over to play right away, does his salary still count against our cap? If not, that's another way to save a little money. Draft one of those Euros with that #17 pick and it saves you almost $1 million vs. a min. salary player.

No, that's why drafting an international would be a great decision for this year. Because they wouldn't count as a caphold unless they are playing in the NBA this year. Think some of the guys like Surgir Gladyr we have. They are in Europe and may never play in the NBA.

I'd be tempted to draft Karasev and Gobbert if they're available if you could get CP3 and D12. Even at $17 million each, I think you could fill the roster out with quality guys that want a ring and will play for the vet min. Then you've got some serious potential being groomed over in Europe that might pan out into role players or superstars. Either way you're set with them.

Hater

I know, right? He states exactly how it could happen with the Heat example with their paycuts and as though they didn't have any capholds then goes on to list a dozen players none of which matter but Horford that Ferry would, I guess, apparently lose sleep over parting with. Yea, I absolutely see no way Ferry plays that game.

• Like 1

No, that's why drafting an international would be a great decision for this year. Because they wouldn't count as a caphold unless they are playing in the NBA this year. Think some of the guys like Surgir Gladyr we have. They are in Europe and may never play in the NBA.

My numbers are wrong. I didn't subtract 980k from D12 and CP3 min salary spot. So they would have at least around 17.4 million a piece in that situation and it could be more depending on the cap and how much our 2nd rounders cost.

With GA property tax being half of TX and GA tax in general being at 7% while CA millionaire tax is at 13.3 and going up. CP3 would make more money as a Hawk in year one then as a Clipper. Dwight would make less but not by much.

http://bit.ly/12ubtez

Edited by Leadership

My numbers are wrong. I didn't subtract 980k from D12 and CP3 min salary spot. So they would have at least around 17.4 million a piece in that situation and it could be more depending on the cap and how much our 2nd rounders cost.

With GA property tax being half of TX and GA tax in general being at 7% while CA millionaire tax is at 13.3 and going up. CP3 would make more money as a Hawk in year one then as a Clipper. Dwight would make less but not by much.

http://bit.ly/12ubtez

Georgia state income tax would offset the property tax difference. I posted the article before but a paycheck goes further in Houston than anywhere in the country. There only advantage that Georgia has would be getting Dwight into TV/movies a little easier but I don't think that's as much of an advantage as being back in a place that he supposedly dislkes as much as Atlanta.

Georgia state income tax would offset the property tax difference. I posted the article before but a paycheck goes further in Houston than anywhere in the country. There only advantage that Georgia has would be getting Dwight into TV/movies a little easier but I don't think that's as much of an advantage as being back in a place that he supposedly dislkes as much as Atlanta.

I pretty much agree that Houston and Atlanta is kind of a wash since they are sister cities. It's all about preference. Most NBA guys like Atlanta more. More Baseball guys like Houston more. It varies.

I pretty much agree that Houston and Atlanta is kind of a wash since they are sister cities. It's all about preference. Most NBA guys like Atlanta more. More Baseball guys like Houston more. It varies.

I hear that all the time about how much basketball guys like Atlanta and it may be true, but it's never been a deciding factor for a FA.

It was for Joe and Deke.

Joe came for the money and so did Deke. Neither one of them said I want to come to Atlanta for any reasons other than money, for which Atlanta was offering more than anyone else, and having some level of interest in playing for the Hawks.

Joe came for the money and so did Deke. Neither one of them said I want to come to Atlanta for any reasons other than money, for which Atlanta was offering more than anyone else, and having some level of interest in playing for the Hawks.

Phx was going to match Joe. He told them he wanted to come to Atlanta. Now as for Deke, yeah, it was for the cash.

Maybe not, Deke still lives here.