• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kurt Helin: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard text about teaming up. This will not happen.

GameTime

Georgia state income tax would offset the property tax difference. I posted the article before but a paycheck goes further in Houston than anywhere in the country. There only advantage that Georgia has would be getting Dwight into TV/movies a little easier but I don't think that's as much of an advantage as being back in a place that he supposedly dislkes as much as Atlanta.

Dwight would make one scary zombie on Walking Dead.

Dwight would make one scary zombie on Walking Dead.

Heck yeah he would! But there are a lot of shows made in Georgia and I think someone said the 2nd most movies in the US are made there. That's a great opportunity for Dwight if he really wants into movies or TV.

Heck yeah he would! But there are a lot of shows made in Georgia and I think someone said the 2nd most movies in the US are made there. That's a great opportunity for Dwight if he really wants into movies or TV.

Unlike LA, we would actually give Dwight a job and not just an internet commerical. Heck, Tyler Perry put Kim K in a movie.

Quoting an ESPN article that was basically stating Phoenix's bluff at the time doesn't prove anything either way. It was a bluff by Phoenix as their cheap owner who was never in a million years going to pay that big contract to Joe when he was already paying Nash, Marion and Stoudemire.

The days of possibly having four max players are gone. And to be honest, even before the new CBA how many teams including the Lakers, Knicks, Mavs, and Bulls ever did that?

IMO, The Suns management group made the wrong decision and moved JJ. They should have moved Amare when his value was off the charts. Hindsight is 50/50, who ever would have thought five to six years ago that Marion and JJ would be more productive and cohesive for a championship run?

Edited by Buzzard

Update:

Good news: We get a room exception(2.4)!

Bad news: We do not get a MLE or a bi-annual exception till next year.

In order to sign someone like Kyle Korver. We would have to get them to take less like 3.5-4 mil and for Dwight and CP3 to shave a combined 3.5-4 million so we can resign Korver

Meaning instead of 17.4 a piece, it has to be 15.4 a piece.

CP3/Lou/Mack

Jenkins/Draft/FA

Korver/FA/Draft

Horf/Scott/Draft

D12/Draft

We could sign a room exception. Once again, we do not nor will not have a MLE this yr.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! All Mle's are awarded ( calculated ) before free agency starts. That way teams know what the hell they can or cannot offer.

Edited by Buzzard

Unlike LA, we would actually give Dwight a job and not just an internet commerical. Heck, Tyler Perry put Kim K in a movie.

Too bad only 5 people saw that movie as it was a Tyler Perry movie. I like Tyler Perry a lot and I've met him years ago before he ever made it big and I've enjoyed a lot of his movies but he's put out some that are just awful and I imagine the one with Kim K was bad too.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! All Mle's are awarded ( calculated ) before free agency starts. That way teams know what the hell they can or cannot offer.
Are you 100% sure about that? I could have sworn that HF said that once we spend up to the salary cap that we'll get to use the MLE and possibly another exception or two in order to add players. I mean I'd almost put money on that I'm so certain. Now I'm no lawyer and I hate reading stuff like this as it gets a bit confusing but here's what I found in in the current CBA...

A Team shall be permitted to use the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception during a Salary Cap Year only if (i) the Team’s Team Salary at the time the Exception is used and at all times thereafter during the Salary Cap Year does not exceed the Tax Level for such Salary Cap Year plus $4 million, and (ii) at the time the Exception is used, the Team has not already used either the Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception or the Mid-Level Exception for Room Teams in that same Salary Cap Year. A Team may use the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Salary Exception to sign one (1) or more Player Contracts during each Salary Cap Year, not to exceed four (4) Seasons in length, that, in the aggregate, provide for Salaries and Unlikely Bonuses in the first Salary Cap Year totaling up to the amounts set forth below:
So it sounds like they calculate whether or not you are qualified to use it at the time that you use it. Not at the beginning of the free agency. I could be wrong but that's how my confused brain reads it.

Are you 100% sure about that? I could have sworn that HF said that once we spend up to the salary cap that we'll get to use the MLE and possibly another exception or two in order to add players. I mean I'd almost put money on that I'm so certain. Now I'm no lawyer and I hate reading stuff like this as it gets a bit confusing but here's what I found in in the current CBA...

So it sounds like they calculate whether or not you are qualified to use it at the time that you use it. Not at the beginning of the free agency. I could be wrong but that's how my confused brain reads it.

I am positive. It is like that for two reasons.

1st, so you know what you can spend in free agency

2nd, so teams cannot abuse the cap rules by signing max free agent players ( not your own, they are a cap hold ) AND getting another good player with a MLE.

My understanding is just like a cap hold you have to renounce, you have to renounce your MLE. You are basically saying I am going to have cap room therefore I will not take a MLE. The new part is the cap room exception. Old CBA, no exception at all if you had cap during free agency.

The whole purpose of the MLE from a ownership perspective is for teams without any cap money to still sign a decent player and improve your team. From the players perspective it is so older vets can still get a decent salary.

Edited by Buzzard

I am positive. It is like that for two reasons.

1st, so you know what you can spend in free agency

2nd, so teams cannot abuse the cap rules by signing max free agent players ( not your own, they are a cap hold ) AND getting another good player with a MLE. My understanding is just like a cap hold you have to renounce, you have to renounce your MLE.

The whole purpose of the MLE from a ownership perspective is for teams without any cap money to still sign a decent player and improve your team. From the players perspective it is so older vets can still get a decent salary.

Did you read what it says in the CBA that I posted?

Edit - don't mean for that sound rude or anything, just curious as to what your interpretation of it was.

Too bad only 5 people saw that movie as it was a Tyler Perry movie. I like Tyler Perry a lot and I've met him years ago before he ever made it big and I've enjoyed a lot of his movies but he's put out some that are just awful and I imagine the one with Kim K was bad too.

Box office $51,975,354 Posted Image

You are my man but sometimes you say things that leave me with a lost for words. I am not even a TP fan but I thought the movie was good and the theater was packed.

Edited by Leadership

Box office $51,975,354 Posted Image

You are my man but sometimes you say things that leave me with a lost for words. I am not even a TP fan but I thought the movie was good and the theater was packed.

Box office numbers don't mean crap. Some of the worst movies ever had huge box office numbers. I'm more interested in how people actually rate the movies and I find IMDB ratings to be a much better indicator. I don't always agree with the ratings but generally when 4,000 plus users rate a movie a 3.6, like what Temptation was rated, it means that it wasn't a very good movie.

Edit - don't mean for that sound rude or anything, just curious as to what your interpretation of it was.

You can use it anytime you have it. You must qualify for it first and every year they award MLE's before FA starts. Once awarded it is yours to use all season at anytime.

And its not rude of you, the CBA and MLE is anything but clear. Think of it this way. All those seasons we did not get a MLE awarded, we could not have made trades ( taking on the bigger % of salaries allowed ) to get over the cap and then be rewarded for it that same season.

Edited by Buzzard

Box office numbers don't mean crap. Some of the worst movies ever had huge box office numbers. I'm more interested in how people actually rate the movies and I find IMDB ratings to be a much better indicator. I don't always agree with the ratings but generally when 4,000 plus users rate a movie a 3.6, like what Temptation was rated, it means that it wasn't a very good movie.

IMDB is not credible when it comes to Black movies. The racists downgrade any movie with a Black cast. I rather just use my own eyes and the box office rates when it comes to movies.

Rotten Tomatoes is decent. They crapped on the movie. Like I said, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Leadership

IMDB is not credible when it comes to Black movies. The racists downgrade any movie with a Black cast. I rather just use my own eyes and the box office rates when it comes to movies. Rotten Tomatoes is decent. They crapped on the movie. Like I said, I enjoyed it.

Oh man that's ridiculous. People crap on bad movies and most of TPs movies have been bad. RT is horrible as its nothing but a bunch of wanna be Eberts trying to be clever. They hate most movies on there.

You can use it anytime you have it. You must qualify for it first and every year they award MLE's before FA starts. Once awarded it is yours to use all season at anytime.

You usually know what you're saying so I'm gonna believe you here but I'm still a bit skeptical. That may explain the new MLE for room teams that we'd have but it's only about half of the full MLE I believe.

You usually know what you're saying so I'm gonna believe you here but I'm still a bit skeptical. That may explain the new MLE for room teams that we'd have but it's only about half of the full MLE I believe.

I am not BSing you man. And that is the reason for the new 2.5 million under the cap exception. Here is a link to some question and answers for Celtic fans. The renouncing of the MLE is addressed at question #7. As well as some other good ones concerning renouncing players to have cap room.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/27/2752081/how-much-money-do-we-have-for-free-agents-anyway

Number 26 at Larry Coons site is even better. First paragraph:

"If a team is below the cap, then its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level (either the Taxpayer or Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level, whichever applies to the team) and/or trade exceptions are added to their team salary, and the league treats the team as though they are over the cap1. This is to prevent a loophole, in a manner similar to free agent amounts (see question number 38). A team can't act like it's under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use their Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or trade exceptions."

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q26

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I mixed my DayQuil up with NyQuil so I'm a lil fuzzy (I'm lying, more like I mixed my Tom Collins with.......more Tom Collins) but If I have a grasp of what Dol is saying then no, you don't have the full MLE or at least you do but its amount eats into your cap space so teams that are under the cap usually renounce it to free up that space. Buzz or Leader have it right.Not that they haven't done enough of proving it already, I just feel super important that I get the final word.

• Like 1

I mixed my DayQuil up with NyQuil so I'm a lil fuzzy (I'm lying, more like I mixed my Tom Collins with.......more Tom Collins) but If I have a grasp of what Dol is saying then no, you don't have the full MLE or at least you do but its amount eats into your cap space so teams that are under the cap usually renounce it to free up that space. Buzz or Leader have it right.Not that they haven't done enough of proving it already, I just feel super important that I get the final word.

No you don't lol