• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Iggy opts out of the final year of his contract

Admin

I'm a bit surprised by this as he was going to get big time bucks for this season and now he's going to probably take a 25-50% pay cut, but he'll get the long term contract he wants and I'm guessing he wants out of Denver too now that the team is falling apart.

• Moderators

I think it's a mistake to pass up $16.2 million next season and 2014 free agency, especially if no more than one of the Heatles opts out. But I'm sure the agents have done their due diligence and figure the risk is too high to pass up a long term deal for now.

~lw3

I think it's a mistake to pass up $16.2 million next season and 2014 free agency, especially if no more than one of the Heatles opts out. But I'm sure the agents have done their due diligence and figure the risk is too high to pass up a long term deal for now.

~lw3

Agreed. That makes me think it's one of two things going on here, or possible a combination of both. One is that things must really be bad in Denver and he wants out. The other is that he knows he's only got a little bit left in the tank and doesn't want to see his value reduced even more with another poor year in Denver.

• Moderators

The mining for Nuggets is incredible right now.

~lw3