• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Newest 'new' Rumor

Mark Jackson stated getting rid of Monta was about changing the culture - why'd We want him here if Ferry is also trying to change the culture. No more undersized, one way players.

On top of that they got a top 3 pick, they have two potential superstars and they have decent bigs. The Wiz are in a superior position compared to the Hawks.

Really the Hawks are in the best position in the NBA. LAL own D12 and it would be retarded to trade him to LAC regardless of what ESPN says. Atlanta has money for two max deals and have a top 15-20 player in Horf. They have draft picks and solid young role players but they are also in the worst position in sports. They strike out and they are locked in at 6th to 8th seed with 9th and 10th seed being a possiblity but being terrible is not one. So it's really tough to be honest. Extremely tough.

Wait what? Haha. Please clear this up, sir. I don't get those two contradicting comments you just made.

yes klay thompson> monta ellis cause klay thompson fits better within a team concept and can actually guard his position.

When monta ellis left and klay thompson took the starting 2 position that team instantly became better defensively because they were no longer an undersized in the back court every night. Also on offense they got better ball movement, better team play, and a more efficient offense.

By getting rid of monta ellis and all of his shot jacking, curry could finally take full control of the offense which is why he broke out. monta ellis was holding him back. He would do the same thing with teague by taking the ball out of his hands. He is a high usage player who takes a high volume of shots and scores on low efficiency that is who he is.

The same can also be said about Rudy Gay and the Grizzlies. I think the Grizzlies became a better team when they got rid of Gay's terrible shot selection and put the ball in the hands of Conley and Gasol more.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Meant to multi quote! :)

Edited by mattlanta

• Moderators

And let me just state that if Ferry's big plan was to sign Monta and pair him with Dwight that I'd be the 1st to sign the petition to have Ferry fired. I can't imagine any scenario that would make me feel okay with that.

I seriously doubt that Dwight/Monta was Danny's Plan A, but if CP3 resigns with the Clips but we still have shot at D12 if we resign Morrow and bring in Monta, then I say do it, so long as Monta isn't looking to break the bank. All I can see is how terrific we would be in the post w/ D12 & Horford. It's very comparable to what Memphis has with Gasol/Randolph. The drive and kick and transition offense w/ Monta & Teague would be deadly too because they are so quick. Monta is an impeccable finisher around the hoop, shoots well from the strike, and is a capable passer. He defense is less than desired, but I feel with D12/Horford/Smith(or Iggy) out there in the front court, guards will think twice about driving in the paint. Monta can defend a guy that is forced to be a jump shooter and so can Teague. No passing lane would safe for the opposing offense because Monta and Teague are great at jumping on passing lanes to pick off passes.I understand Monta isn't the most desirable answer at SG, but it is a huge void for us right now and most poster's answer on here is to start Jenkins next season... Like Jenkins' D and driving ability is a better answer than Monta's... If we miss out on CP3, are we really looking to go into the season with a Teague/Jenkins backcourt? Tanking is NOT an answer. Drafts are too unpredictable and talent is too weak to put all our eggs in that basket. I mean seriously, the project #1 pick this draft is coming off of an ACL injury. In the pass, Noel would drop out of the top 10 for that reason. Reload, not rebuild.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Mark Jackson stated getting rid of Monta was about changing the culture - why'd We want him here if Ferry is also trying to change the culture. No more undersized, one way players.

It's two different cultures that needed changed. GS before Mark Jackson was a losing team that was happy just slip into the playoffs as an 8th seed. Their biggest crowning achievement was taking out the 1st seed Mavs in the first round that one year. They were a run and gun team built to a similar scheme to D'Antoni's Suns. Mark Jackson's culture change was about making defense first and getting GS winning consistently. Monta isn't great defensively and became GS's biggest trade chip. Monta wasn't traded because he is a cancer which he isn't.As for Ferry and the Hawks, he came into a talented team that was a constant fixture in the playoffs. The culture change that Ferry is trying to enforce is more about the perception of the organization which I feel every one on Hawksquawk should understand what that perception is. He wants to change the mindset of the media that we are just a place where player's careers come to die. He wants this be an attractive place for FA to play.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I seriously doubt that Dwight/Monta was Danny's Plan A, but if CP3 resigns with the Clips but we still have shot at D12 if we resign Morrow and bring in Monta, then I say do it, so long as Monta isn't looking to break the bank. All I can see is how terrific we would be in the post w/ D12 & Horford. It's very comparable to what Memphis has with Gasol/Randolph. The drive and kick and transition offense w/ Monta & Teague would be deadly too because they are so quick. Monta is an impeccable finisher around the hoop, shoots well from the strike, and is a capable passer. He defense is less than desired, but I feel with D12/Horford/Smith(or Iggy) out there in the front court, guards will think twice about driving in the paint. Monta can defend a guy that is forced to be a jump shooter and so can Teague. No passing lane would safe for the opposing offense because Monta and Teague are great at jumping on passing lanes to pick off passes.I understand Monta isn't the most desirable answer at SG, but it is a huge void for us right now and most poster's answer on here is to start Jenkins next season... Like Jenkins' D and driving ability is a better answer than Monta's... If we miss out on CP3, are we really looking to go into the season with a Teague/Jenkins backcourt? Tanking is NOT an answer. Drafts are too unpredictable and talent is too weak to put all our eggs in that basket. I mean seriously, the project #1 pick this draft is coming off of an ACL injury. In the pass, Noel would drop out of the top 10 for that reason. Reload, not rebuild.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are better off going with Jenkins or someone from the draft than shackling ourselves to Monta Ellis and there's no 2 ways about it. I would rather build slowly through the draft as opposed to settling for players like Monta who cripple your cap.

I rather us get some young 3 and D guys in the draft then bring in someone like ellis. He doesnt fit into our new culture at all.

If we dont get any stars in the offseason we most likely wont tank though even though I want us to. If we ultimately dont get the players that ferry wants he will probably just sign 1 year deals and try again next year in 2014 which looking like it could be a much better free agency class. So we wont have to worry about tanking or being stuck with overrated losers on long contracts.

They had Parker and Duncan. Remember, we do not have someone anywhere near Duncan. Duncan is one of the greatest players ever. We do not have a transcendent player.

Having a transcendent player is not a requirement of establishing this culture.

I'm not bending over for Dwight...This Dwight n friends bs is gettin to me.I am sick of athletic dummies i.e. smoove montaI agree with cp Dwight or bust. But to me tanking isn't top 7....it's top 5 for 3 years. I want to have 3 years of a top 5 picks, maintain cap flex, and develop picks to the fullest. Then attack in 2016/17. I know it sounds like a ways away but this is better than 45,48,43 win seasons. Ps jaybird how u make that oven baked chick. My stuff dries out. I need to keep it juicy.

Bottom line the ATLANTA HAWKS need a star..Chris Paul /Dwight HowardWiggins/Parker/RandleSomehow keep flexibility to trade for a Russell Westbrook/ Rajon Rondo/

yes klay thompson> monta ellis cause klay thompson fits better within a team concept and can actually guard his position.

When monta ellis left and klay thompson took the starting 2 position that team instantly became better defensively because they were no longer an undersized in the back court every night. Also on offense they got better ball movement, better team play, and a more efficient offense.

By getting rid of monta ellis and all of his shot jacking, curry could finally take full control of the offense which is why he broke out. monta ellis was holding him back. He would do the same thing with teague by taking the ball out of his hands. He is a high usage player who takes a high volume of shots and scores on low efficiency that is who he is.

This same thought process is the reason why it's probably in our best interest to NOT bring Josh back, regardless of who we get. Let Josh go, get a guy who can play center, and let's see what effect it has on Al Horford, who now will get a chance to play the bulk of his minutes at PF . . . and possibly get the ball a lot more.

The same can also be said about Rudy Gay and the Grizzlies. I think the Grizzlies became a better team when they got rid of Gay's terrible shot selection and put the ball in the hands of Conley and Gasol more.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Meant to multi quote! Posted Image

I think they became a better regular season team without Rudy. But even Mike Conley admitted last week, that when San Antonio really made an effort to shut their bigs down ( specifically Zach Randolph ), that a guy who create his own shot and run the floor like Rudy Gay would've been beneficial to them in that series.

What killed Memphis is that Tayshawn Prince and Tony Allen stopped making open shots. And because they are the type of players that really all that proficient in creating and making their own shot, they became less of a factor in that series. But when you opt to put in better shooters and guys who can create off the dribble, like a Quincy Pondexter and Jerryd Bayless, you gain offense but lose defense.

That's what makes San Antonio as a team so good. Their shooters/slashers can also play defense.

I think they became a better regular season team without Rudy. But even Mike Conley admitted last week, that when San Antonio really made an effort to shut their bigs down ( specifically Zach Randolph ), that a guy who create his own shot and run the floor like Rudy Gay would've been beneficial to them in that series.

What killed Memphis is that Tayshawn Prince and Tony Allen stopped making open shots. And because they are the type of players that really all that proficient in creating and making their own shot, they became less of a factor in that series. But when you opt to put in better shooters and guys who can create off the dribble, like a Quincy Pondexter and Jerryd Bayless, you gain offense but lose defense.

That's what makes San Antonio as a team so good. Their shooters/slashers can also play defense.

They have Tim Duncan who can do a lot of little things as well. Tim Duncan impact is still elite in the NBA. Especially in the playoffs.

Edited by Leadership

I'm not bending over for Dwight...This Dwight n friends bs is gettin to me.I am sick of athletic dummies i.e. smoove montaI agree with cp Dwight or bust. But to me tanking isn't top 7....it's top 5 for 3 years. I want to have 3 years of a top 5 picks, maintain cap flex, and develop picks to the fullest. Then attack in 2016/17. I know it sounds like a ways away but this is better than 45,48,43 win seasons.Ps jaybird how u make that oven baked chick. My stuff dries out. I need to keep it juicy.

Cover it with foil for about 45 minutes to an hour, then remove foil, then brown to your desired color. It will be falling off the bone tender and juicy.

Edited by JayBirdHawk