• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft Sign-Up Thread

AHF

I vote that we use WARP to decide.

I went to WARP's web site and Cousins, Klay, and Wall do not have a stat page. I guess they are not very good after all.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'M DOWN TO DO THIS AGAIN.

Can't believe it's already been a year!

My team last year was pretty good:

HC - Rick Carisle

C - Andrew Bogut

PF - David West

SF - Carmelo Anthony

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Deron Williams

PG - Mike Conley

SG - J.R. Smith

SF - Tayshaun Prince

PF - Tyler Hansborough

C - Tyler Zeller

PF - Glen Davis

PF - Channing Frye

SG - Anthony Morrow

I think that would suck for teams picking Iggy, Jefferson, Martin, Manu, Smith type players. In a cap system instead of them being valuable they will crush you.

That just means that you gotta be smart and balance your roster with rookies and stars and find value picks.

I barely have enough free time to make picks, adding salary cap issues will make it worse.

You get 8 hours for each pick. How much time do you need?? lol

That just means that you gotta be smart and balance your roster with rookies and stars and find value picks. You get 8 hours for each pick. How much time do you need?? lol

I work 8 hours a day, with a 4 year old, get home cook, clean, tend the garden, feed the chickens, still find time for my Squawkers...I can only do so much. lol.

That just means that you gotta be smart and balance your roster with rookies and stars and find value picks.

You get 8 hours for each pick. How much time do you need?? lol

I have been in multiple cap based leagues for about 6 years. It is a lot more work than just logging into yahoo and selecting the best player available. The thing about the leagues I am in is there are 30 teams. Some GMs in those leagues go over the cap. With only 20 teams or so drafting, 1/3 or more of the league will be way over the cap.

24 players last season made 14 million or more a season. Over 50 made 10 million or more. I was in a beta test league of 20 teams a few years ago, what happened was players like JJ, Gasol, and Pierce got passed over in the draft and they were made UFA's for other teams under the cap to go after. It was not very realistic compared to the 30 teams league for that reason.

I get you want to see who the best overall GM is. It is what making GMs think about money and talent is all about. But with only 20 teams, it really did suck. That 20 team league is still around, but is not near as popular as the 30 teams leagues.

Edited by Buzzard

I have been in multiple cap based leagues for about 6 years. It is a lot more work than just logging into yahoo and selecting the best player available. The thing about the leagues I am in is there are 30 teams. Some GMs in those leagues go over the cap. With only 20 teams or so drafting, 1/3 or more of the league will be way over the cap.

24 players last season made 14 million or more a season. Over 50 made 10 million or more. I was in a beta test league of 20 teams a few years ago, what happened was players like JJ, Gasol, and Pierce got passed over in the draft and they were made UFA's for other teams under the cap to go after. It was not very realistic compared to the 30 teams league for that reason.

I get you want to see who the best overall GM is. It is what making GMs think about money and talent is all about. But with only 20 teams, it really did suck. That 20 team league is still around, but is not near as popular as the 30 teams leagues.

If you've got fewer teams then why don't you increase the cap proportionately to where you have the same total salary cap as 30 teams, except divided up by 20 teams?

If you've got fewer teams then why don't you increase the cap proportionately to where you have the same total salary cap as 30 teams, except divided up by 20 teams?

75 million in cap is not very realistic either. It is fun to play within the CBA rules and see what kind of team you can put together.

75 million in cap is not very realistic either. It is fun to play within the CBA rules and see what kind of team you can put together.

I think that last year my team had a cap number of 63 million or something like that and I wasn't even being conscious of that.

• Moderators

In addition to complexity, I like the idea of selecting the best team based on a strange criteria...ability to play basketball. No need to render guys like Joe Johnson negative value assets when they are still clearly among the players who should be starting in a league like ours.

I think that last year my team had a cap number of 63 million or something like that and I wasn't even being conscious of that.

My big spending was on Lee at 13 million. From a cap perspective I was in good shape and a lot of that has to do with the kind of league I am use to playing in. I am very conscious of value vs performance. Rookie deals like Wall, Klay, Cousins, and Favors are the best

• Like 1

I'm in again........but don't see how to type in bold on an I-pad.

On the mobile skin you have to type in [ b ] text [ /b ] (without spaces) or you can click on "Use full version" or whatever it is at the bottom left of the screen.

Joe Johnson and Stoudemire would go undrafted if we play with a cap.If the NBA were abolished and a new league formed where all players would be drafted......it's safe to assume existing contracts would be abolished too.

Edited by coachx

Joe Johnson and Stoudemire would go undrafted if we play with a cap.If the NBA were abolished and a new league formed where all players would be drafted......it's safe to assume existing contracts would be abolished too.

So then you take the guys who go undrafted and make them unrestricted free agents and teams can put bids in on them based on their available cap space.

• Moderators

I was thinking simply to have the owners send the Commish their rankings of everyone else's teams (not including their own) and then let the Commish figure out the tabulations. Kind of like the NBA GM surveys where they can't vote for their own guys.

~lw3

I was thinking simply to have the owners send the Commish their rankings of everyone else's teams (not including their own) and then let the Commish figure out the tabulations. Kind of like the NBA GM surveys where they can't vote for their own guys.

~lw3

Oh sure like we'll trust the crooked Al Harrington Fan commish of ours to be impartial. If history has shown anything on this site it's that he can't be impartial!

• Like 1