• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft Sign-Up Thread

AHF

I really don't use win/share to make my picks. Last night was the first time I went and took a hard look at it. I blew my draft with four picks Sullinger Odom, Billups, and Beasley while getting what I think is below average production from my top two, Cousins and Wall.

I still like Cousins and Wall, but those other four are toast in my draft list now.

I didn't use Win Shares either as at this point last year I really hated the stat and though I still don't really put a whole lot of 'faith' into it I am willing to use it as our measure to decide which teams are better.

I used a combination of basic stats, advanced stats, the eyeball test and finally mystical ability to figure out which players I wanted to draft.

I am just going to draft good players.

That should be true of everyone. The question will be whether the players you choose will be healthy and which players take a step forward / backward this year. I took Greg Monroe with my 2nd pick last year and he ended up being worse than my 8th round pick Tiago Splitter. It's just really hard to predict these things.

I didn't use Win Shares either as at this point last year I really hated the stat and though I still don't really put a whole lot of 'faith' into it I am willing to use it as our measure to decide which teams are better.

I used a combination of basic stats, advanced stats, the eyeball test and finally mystical ability to figure out which players I wanted to draft.

My mystical ability stat pick has to go to Beasely. Man I really thought he would have a great year and put at least 15 and 5 in Phoneix!

That should be true of everyone. The question will be whether the players you choose will be healthy and which players take a step forward / backward this year. I took Greg Monroe with my 2nd pick last year and he ended up being worse than my 8th round pick Tiago Splitter. It's just really hard to predict these things.

Yeah I don't understand all these super advanced stats, so my team will probably suck. I look at basic things.

My mystical ability stat pick has to go to Beasely. Man I really thought he would have a great year and put at least 15 and 5 in Phoneix!

I've been in the Beasley camp, or at least was, for the last couple of years but I've given up on him now. I can't believe that someone who is as offensively skilled as he is has had such a poor career.

Yeah I don't understand all these super advanced stats, so my team will probably suck. I look at basic things.

Who's to say that's not the right way to go?

Don't you think that is atrocious? I do lmao.

Monroe contributed more to his team by playing more minutes, scoring more points, grabbing more rebounds, blocking more shots, and dealing out more assist yet you should have taken Splitter ahead of him.

Edited by Buzzard

Don't you think that is atrocious? I do lmao.

Monroe contributed more to his team by playing more minutes, scoring more points, grabbing more rebounds, blocking more shots, and dealing out more assist yet you should have taken Splitter ahead of him.

According to Win Shares, yes I should have... but in real life there's no freaking way I take Splitter over Monroe. I guess that's the difference between a team winning 58 games like the Spurs and the Pistons winning 29 games.

According to Win Shares, yes I should have... but in real life there's no freaking way I take Splitter over Monroe. I guess that's the difference between a team winning 58 games like the Spurs and the Pistons winning 29 games.

You and about a 1/2 million other NBA fans see it that way to!

I'M IN. Sounds like fun. He's anyone ever run an NBA 2k simulation? To see what team wins the Title? That'd be pretty cool. Though I suppose you would need 30 teams to do it right.And count me as someone that'd be interested in a "cap" version, but I understand that it is a minority.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'M IN. Sounds like fun. He's anyone ever run an NBA 2k simulation? To see what team wins the Title? That'd be pretty cool. Though I suppose you would need 30 teams to do it right.And count me as someone that'd be interested in a "cap" version, but I understand that it is a minority.

I think Dolfan promised to run NBA2K simulations but he was going to keep doing until his team won so that is considered a work in progress with an ETA of 2017. Eventually, he will buck the odds.

• Like 1

• Moderators

AHF

Alex

Lethalweapon3

Colin

JayBirdHawk

AtlHawk3

alejandro09

Buzzard

Chinky_eyed_hawk

Dolfan23

PSSSHHHRRR87

coachx

jy23

northcyde

capstone

Diesel

KB21

MrNique

I am sending out the PM's now. Please keep posting if you want to participate. We have had multiple owners for teams that ended up with time conflicts and replacement owners we needed to tap each of the last two years.

I think Dolfan promised to run NBA2K simulations but he was going to keep doing until his team won so that is considered a work in progress with an ETA of 2017. Eventually, he will buck the odds.

Actually it only took 1 simulation, but I didn't want to brag about how amazing my team is.It's not a bad idea though and I might consider doing it tonight.

• Moderators

Here is the draft order:

Odd Rounds

1. Chiny_eyed_hawk

2. jy23

3. KB21

4. Buzzard

5. Diesel

6. AtlHawk3

7. AHF
8. Alex

9. Colin

10. Dolfan

11. alejandro09

12. JayBirdHawk

13. northcyde

14. capstone

15. MrNique

16. Lethalweapon3

17. coachx

18. PSSSHHHRRR87

Even Rounds

18. PSSSHHHRRR87

17. coachx

16. Lethalweapon3

15. MrNique

14. capstone

13. northcyde

12. JayBirdHawk

11. alejandro09

10. Dolfan

9. Colin

8. Alex

7. AHF

6. AtlHawk3

5. Diesel

4. Buzzard

3. KB21

2. jy23

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk

Our Deputy Commissioner, Diesel, prepared the following order of teams:

[*]Lethalweapon3 [*]KB21 [*]MrNique [*]Dolfan23 [*]Colin [*]alejandro09 [*]Diesel [*]PSSSHHHRRR87 [*]Alex [*]JayBirdHawk [*]AHF [*]AtlHawk3 [*]coachx [*]Chinky_eyed_hawk [*]capstone [*]Buzzard [*]jy23 [*]northcyde

JayBirdHawk prepare the following order of picks (since there are two 9's and no 8's, I flipped a coin for Alex and Colin):

16, 3, 15, 10, 9, 11, 5, 18, 9, 12, 7, 6, 17, 1, 14, 4, 2, 13.

3 years in row that I get one of the last picks. Well, at least I'm familiar with that draft philosophy.

I had 9 last year and 10 this year so I understand. The common denominator here being AHF so it's very curious!At least you're guaranteed to have 2 top 20 players.