• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

That's a lot better than many have done so thanks for taking the time sir! You have a really nice looking starting 5. I'm not crazy about Hawes but I understand your thinking. I probably would have gone with a more defensive oriented C to pair with Bosh.

See you guys tomorrow when jy's next pick expires at 10:24am EST... assuming he doesn't pick tonight.

I'm not crazy about Hawes but I understand your thinking. I probably would have gone with a more defensive oriented C to pair with Bosh.

Looking at the rest of the field. I don't think there was another C across the board that still rebounded and blocked as well as Hawes. I have to watch his game a little more but he compared well to many others. His % is good enough throughout the court to impact my decision

It's going to be tough finding a solid PF/C now. I have Hickson and Smith in the front court. I may have a plan in place though.

The pace of this draft.................Posted ImagePosted Image

Ya, very dissapointing. This definately seems much slower then previous years due to people dropping out.

We need more dedicated hawksquawk nerds. Posted Image

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

jy23 can take his two picks at any time until (correct me if I'm wrong) 1:44 PM Eastern. Is there another Squawker reserve waiting in the wings, just in case, to take over his spot?

~lw3

Unless Mutombobelievable changes his mind (due to be too busy at work) and decides to participate then nope we don't have anyone waiting in the wings. I would say that we just move on and leave those picks empty until jy23 comes back and makes his picks. If it gets back around to him again without him making those picks then we can figure something else out.

jy23 is back on the clock again until 1:44pm EST today. Then hopefully we can get rolling along with it being KB's pick.

I really think 16 hrs is way to much time. Maybe in the future we should look at keeping the 8 hr rule on the 1st pick, but you lose 4 hrs on your next one if you do not make them. That gives a member 12 hrs to make his picks; which I think is plenty considering there is also a 9 hr grace period at night. Just a thought to keep things moving.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

I really think 16 hrs is way to much time. Maybe in the future we should look at keeping the 8 hr rule on the 1st pick, but you lose 4 hrs on your next one if you do not make them. That gives a member 12 hrs to make his picks; which I think is plenty considering there is also a 9 hr grace period at night. Just a thought to keep things moving.

I mentioned that last time when we had to skip Northcydes picks but people said we need to give him the 8 hrs each time.

I mentioned that last time when we had to skip Northcydes picks but people said we need to give him the 8 hrs each time.

Great minds think alike. 12 hrs, plus the grace period at night, plus the other GMs making picks is plenty. It should be unless you are on vacation; cannot make a pick due to other commitments etc. In that case you should probably not have signed up.

Great minds think alike. 12 hrs, plus the grace period at night, plus the other GMs making picks is plenty. It should be unless you are on vacation; cannot make a pick due to other commitments etc. In that case you should probably not have signed up.

Well we don't know what the circumstances are but it's VERY unlike jy23 to not be on here regularly and something must have happened that's keeping him away. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but I don't worry about him as someone who would just blow this draft off.

Guys I'm soooooo soooooo sorry. Remember I told you all that I just got married and my dad surprised me and my wife with a honeymoon that I knew nothing about. We literally had a day to get everything together, get on a plane and get on the boat. I'm just now making it to a port where I have service on my phone. Again sorry guys, someone can't take my spot as I'll be on the boat for anther 4 days. Didn't mean to mess up the flow. My apologies again.

• Like 1

Guys I'm soooooo soooooo sorry. Remember I told you all that I just got married and my dad surprised me and my wife with a honeymoon that I knew nothing about. We literally had a day to get everything together, get on a plane and get on the boat. I'm just now making it to a port where I have service on my phone. Again sorry guys, someone can't take my spot as I'll be on the boat for anther 4 days. Didn't mean to mess up the flow. My apologies again.

Thanks for letting us know and no sweat, enjoy your honeymoon.

Now thats the defnition of a great excuse !

Happy Honey Moon to you and the new bride !

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2