• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Admin

Guys I'm soooooo soooooo sorry. Remember I told you all that I just got married and my dad surprised me and my wife with a honeymoon that I knew nothing about. We literally had a day to get everything together, get on a plane and get on the boat. I'm just now making it to a port where I have service on my phone. Again sorry guys, someone can't take my spot as I'll be on the boat for anther 4 days. Didn't mean to mess up the flow. My apologies again.

Get your Priorities straight!!!! This is a fantasy draft...how dare you put your honeymoon over this!

• Like 2

I've lost track of the pick numbers. With whatever pick is next, I select Tiago Splitter from the San Antonio Spurs.

I'm a big believer in having depth, and I'm also a big believer in being able to maintain some size on the court. I think Splitter is a good fit in rotation with both Serge Ibaka and Tyson Chandler on the inside. He's an efficient scorer at his usage level and is a good pick and roll defender. He played a key role this past season in San Antonio's run.

• Like 1

I've lost track of the pick numbers. With whatever pick is next, I select Tiago Splitter from the San Antonio Spurs.

I'm a big believer in having depth, and I'm also a big believer in being able to maintain some size on the court. I think Splitter is a good fit in rotation with both Serge Ibaka and Tyson Chandler on the inside. He's an efficient scorer at his usage level and is a good pick and roll defender. He played a key role this past season in San Antonio's run.

That was pick #75. All picks are listed in the dynasty draft forum... http://hawksquawk.net/community/forum/37-hawksquawk-dynasty-draft/

With the 76th pick in the Dynasty draft the Flocking Buzzards select stretch forward Ersan Ilyasova. Ersan brings a very unique skill set to our squad. In just his last two seasons he has averaged .455, and .444 from the 3pt line. Couple that with his ability to play both forward positions and we think he is the perfect compliment to our front line of Parsons and Gasol.

Diesel has been PM'd

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

I am really liking my team this year. If I can scratch up a little depth with my next two picks, I will have a very deep and talented seven man rotation.

Conley .375 3pt %, Parsons .370 3pt %, Ersan a whopping .444 3pt %.

There should be plenty of room for both Tyreke and Gasol to operate.

My poorest FT shooter off of last season was Parsons at .729

As one of our top coaching candidates said during his interview, "I would not dare our opponents to leave us open on the perimeter, I would beg them to!"

• Admin

With the 76th pick in the Dynasty draft the Flocking Buzzards select stretch forward Ersan Ilyasova. Ersan brings a very unique skill set to our squad. In just his last two seasons he has averaged .455, and .444 from the 3pt line. Couple that with his ability to play both forward positions and we think he is the perfect compliment to our front line of Parsons and Gasol.

Diesel has been PM'd

Really nice pick...he had a bit of an off season but he is a really good player

• Premium Member

With the next pick of the draft, the Atlanta ganstaslappas welcome:

Maurice Harkless.

It is hard to insert a rook into your starting lineup. However, Harkless had a strong finish that leads me to believe that he will put it all together going forward. His post-All-Star averages--13.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.6 steals, and strong on-ball defense is exactly what my team need... not to mention his 6'8 210" frame with long arms that bothers most offensive players he faces.

ATLHawks 3 has been pm'd.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

With the 78th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, The Atlanta Attack select................................. J.R. SMITH

It is in my opinion that J.R. Smith is the best offensive player this late in the draft. What can you not like about this guy? He averaged 18.1 ppg 5.3 rpg and 2.7 apg, having career highs in scoring and rebounding. If J.R. Smith were to return to the Knicks, I know for a fact that his stats will be even better than what he put up, because he will finally have the opportunity to start and show to everyone that he can finally be that 20+ ppg player that he was always expected to be. Depending on how this draft goes, I will debate with myself whether to start him or bring off the bench as my sixth man.

ATLANTA ATTACK CURRENT ROSTER:

PG: Russell Westbrook

SG: J.R. Smith

SF: Thaddeus Young

PF: Tim Duncan

C: David Lee

AHF will be PM'd.

• Like 1

Just to let you guys know, AHF is on vacation and won't be on here a lot over the next week or so. In his absence he's asked me to look after this thread, as well as to pick the most surprising player for his team in the event that he's not able to log in and make his pick within 7 hrs of his pick start time.

• Like 1

Really nice pick...he had a bit of an off season but he is a really good player

He did have a down season; but once Skiles was ran out of town, things turned around for him. He averaged 16.9 PPG and 7.9 RPG over his last ten games. His per 36's were again outstanding last year, he just did not get the minutes under Skiles.

• Moderators

Just to let you guys know, AHF is on vacation and won't be on here a lot over the next week or so. In his absence he's asked me to look after this thread, as well as to pick the most surprising player for his team in the event that he's not able to log in and make his pick within 7 hrs of his pick start time.

So who is this surprising player you have planned for AHF, Dolf? I propose #st#b#n B#t#st#.

~lw3

So who is this surprising player you have planned for AHF, Dolf? I propose #st#b#n B#t#st#.

~lw3

Well I believe that AHF has 1:34 left on the clock but after :34 I could make his pick for him, as long as it's a shocking one. I don't know if I can pull the trigger on that order or not though. I like your suggestion though!

With the 80th pick the Amazing Alex's select SG Kevin Martin. I pondered a big man here, but Martin will help instantly off the bench. Mace has bed pmed.

• Like 1

With the 80th pick the Amazing Alex's select SG Kevin Martin. I pondered a big man here, but Martin will help instantly off the bench. Mace has bed pmed.

If I needed a SG instead of a Forward at 76, Martin was on my list. Hell he was on my list when I took Tyreke in the 4th at 69. He will probably get starter minutes and put up some really solid numbers next season. Quite possibly better numbers than some of the SG's taken ahead of him.

Edited by Buzzard