• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 89th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer League draft I select J-J-J Joooeee Johnson !

This team needed a versatile wing player to complete the starting 5. This roster already has plenty of young talent with upside and is rounded out with 2 veteran wing players. the 6'7'' / 235 lb Johnson just turned 32 years old last week. In a league where salary doesn't matter he is a nice veteran addition. Joe is still a good defender and will not be asked to play the Iso-Joe role we became used to seeing in Atlanta. He will simply spread the floor and play off the young and dynamic Damian Lillard. Joe's shooting efficiency did take a hit last year as he became accustomed to his new team under 2 different head coaches. Joe still managed to hit 3 game winning shots as time expired, last season, showing he still has some game left.

Starting 5:

Damian Lillard - PG

Kobe Bryant - (SG/SF)

Joe Johnson - (SG/SF)

Anthony Davis - PF

Nikola Pekovic - C

PSSSHHHRRR has been PM'd.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Ohh I believe that coach may have made that pick to steal Joe Johnson from PSSSSYYYYCCCCHHHHHOOO187

Honestly, I was so stuck on my list that I completely forgot about ole Joe. Nice pick coach, and I would have drafted Joe if I had remembered about him. And Dolfan, it's 187 to you. Posted Image

Picks forthcoming.

• Like 1

• Moderators

zzzz....ZZZZ....zzzz... huh?... what? it's my turn to pick? no foolin'? okay, let me see if I remember how to do this again...

With the 90th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer DyNASTY draft, 187's Bird's of a Feather select:

KYLE LOWRY, PG

Posted Image

Absolutely astonished Mr. Lowry made it this long without being drafted. The veteran guard from Villanova will give me size and scoring off of the bench as my sixth man. Lowry is a threat from 3pt land but is also an explosive, attacking guard with good court vision and a threat on the defensive end as well. Had averages 11.6 ppg, 6.4 apg, 4.7 rpg, and PER of 17.51 as a starter for the Toronto Raptors. Also had a W/S of 5.6 w/ 3.5 being offensive, 2.1 being defensive. I am happy to have Kyle Lowry on my bench!

With the 91st pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's Bird's of a Feather select:

DEMAR DEROZAN, G/F

Posted Image

This completes my starting lineup and my vision to become the Toronto Raptors. lol Demar DeRozan is a highly athletic guard that can shoot 3pt's while is quick enough to slash to the hoop for easy points and monstrous jams. He also has the record for the fastest time at the combine for lateral quickness which makes him an excellent man on man defender. Although his effecient comes into question, I believe with more experience and the right coaching staff, he will learn to become a more efficient player. Last season with the Raptors, he posted averages of 18.1 ppg, 2.5 apg, 3.9 rpg, and a PER of 14.81. He had a W/S of 4.7, with 3.5 being offensive and 1.2 being defensive. One of my favorite players in the NBA.

HC - ???

C - Brook Lopez

PF - Derrick Favors

SF - Rudy Gay

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Ricky Rubio

PG - Kyle Lowry

Wake me up next week when it's my turn to pick again... lol

coachx has been PM'd

• Like 3

Nice picks with Lowry and DeRozan . Thought about both and was actually hoping one may fall to me. I needed a floor spacer in my starting lineup though.With the 92nd pick In the draft I will go young again with Otto Porter. I'm a big fan of his all around game. He can slash, shoot, and defend with a long wingspan. I need some youth at the wing position. I would type more but little girl is calling.

• Like 1

It just seems like we got through all 14 rounds last year in about two weeks. This year is just dragging by with all of these delays...

Yep but it's not the back half of the pack (from mace on)... it has been incredibly slow though, so bad that even the commish decided to set us back 8 hrs already.

• Moderators

With what should have been the 93rd pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Tristan Thompson, Power Forward, 6’9”, 227 lbs.

The Injections will “Tristan Shout” over what will, for at least one more year, be the best young frontcourt player to emanate from the Great White North. Tristan Thompson will be like a Brawny paper towel, cleaning up misses off the rim and glass and creating extended possessions and second-chance points.

He ranked second in the league for total offensive rebounds, and may have finished in first had his Cavalier teammate ######## ####### not led the league in that category before getting shut down for the season back in December. Despite a very raw rookie campaign, Thompson ranked second in the NBA for offensive rebounding percentage, and then finished seventh last year.

His field goal percentage jumped from the abysmal 43.9 FG% in his second-team All-Rookie year to 48.8% this season, despite the added pressure that came when the Cavs’ top players were out of commission.

There’s no reason it can’t climb even higher this season. He’ll have ample rebounding help this season, so Thompson will need to diversify his game even more. He’s shown remarkable improvement in post defense, also coming out of the paint and contesting pick-and-pop players with decent success. Free throw shooting (60 percent) needs to improve of course, while his 7-foot-2 wingspan suggests he should be ringing up far more than 0.9 blocks per game. His mettle was favorably tested by playing through a nasal fracture in the early part of the season, when he and seemingly half of Cleveland’s team was donning protective masks.

Tristan’s schnoz will be especially grateful if he’d simply stop getting rejected more often than my Cousin Buster at the home loan office. Until the final month of the season, Thompson was on pace to shatter Danny Fortson’s 1997-98 record rate of getting 16.7% of his own field goals blocked. Still, Thompson finished with the second-highest rejection rate (15.4%) and one of just five players in NBA history to have more than 15 percent of his shots returned to sender with a minimum of 500 attempts.

That’s not good for a guy with his frame. Part of the trouble was being pressed into center duty due to team injuries, and part was being so raw offensively that he relies on predictable dunks (39 FG% on shots between 3 and 10 feet). Cleveland brought in 7-foot-3 Zydrunas Ilgauskas for tutelage, and it’s brought his shot-swatted percentage down from almost 20% in the first half of the year. One easy thing he’ll want to do is rely more on tip shots for his O-boards and less on bringing the ball down and allowing defenses to recover. He may also give baby hook shots a try.

At the tender age of 22, he’s already averaging a near double-double with almost 12 points and over 9 rebounds per night. Building up his offensive toolset will turn him into a two-way threat and perhaps, in a couple of seasons, a replacement in the starting lineup for LMA.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker

SG – Bradley Beal

SF – Gordon Hayward

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge/Tristan Thompson

C – DeMarcus Cousins

The magnifique MrNique has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1