2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

I'm stunned, I thought Nash was living in an Active Adult 55+ community somewhere near Phoenix.

Nah, he has not even qualified for the local golf course 55 seniors discount yet. Reports are he is 100% healthy; so I fully expect him to improve on his measly ( for him ) 6.7 APG and 4.3 Win Shares!

• Like 1

With the 148th pick the Flocking Buzzards take Steve Nash. We are stunned that a HOF player like Nash has slipped this far and welcome him to the Flock with open arms. With his passing abilities and three point range our brain trust thinks he will be a perfect fit coming off the bench; while also providing needed leadership for our young group of players.

Welcome to the flock Mr. Nash!

Diesel has been PM'd

I actually considered Nash, Thomas, Jack, and Knight for my last pick (20 picks ago). I had a real tough time deciding which one to take.

I weeded out Thomas b/c I wanted a guy big enough to play a little SG.

I kept Nash on my board b/c of him being a mentor to Lillard.......even if that doesn't show up in the metrics.

In the end it was a battle between Jack and Knight due to both being 6'3'' with both PG and SG skillsets............I went with Knight due to being 9 years younger.

• Premium Member

With the Next Pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas welcome:

TYLER ZELLER

This is how you want your rookie big man playing at the end of the year. He will bring size and a step back..."that's a step back' jumper. His form reminds me of Bill Lambeer, but I think he can be better than that.

ATLHawks 3 has been pm'd.

Edited by Diesel

I actually considered Nash, Thomas, Jack, and Knight for my last pick (20 picks ago). I had a real tough time deciding which one to take.

I weeded out Thomas b/c I wanted a guy big enough to play a little SG.

I kept Nash on my board b/c of him being a mentor to Lillard.......even if that doesn't show up in the metrics.

In the end it was a battle between Jack and Knight due to both being 6'3'' with both PG and SG skillsets............I went with Knight due to being 9 years younger.

I was thinking a combo guard also but the ones I wanted were gone. I really would have taken Lou if he had not gotten injured; but then again he probably would have went earlier if not for that.

Nash will work. He is a pure PG and I think my team already has two decent SG's in Tyreke and Oladipo.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

With the next pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects.............. MANU GINOBILI

There is no doubt in my mind that Manu Ginobili will one day be a hall of famer. Manu is someone that a coach loves to have, he is an exceptional playmaker, he's a good scorer, he plays solid defense, and is a good teammate. This past season, Manu put up the numbers of 11.8 ppg 4.6 apg and 3.4 rpg. Though he may have cost the Spurs from winning their 5th title in the last 16 years, Manu is veteran wing, and will help mentor my wings of J.R. Smith, Evan Turner, and Thaddeus Young. Welcome to the Attack, Manu!

Posted Image

AHF has been PM'd.

ATLANTA ATTACK CURRENT ROSTER:

PG: Russell Westbrook/Nate Robinson

SG: Manu Ginobili/J.R. Smith

SF: Thaddeus Young/Evan Turner

PF: Tim Duncan/Pau Gasol

C: David Lee

• Like 1

• Moderators

The U-Niques are going to continue the run on guards and add 2012-13's best perimeter shooter to the team. Our newest addition destroyed people from deep by shooting .461 from 3pt range and putting up his 3rd season of .600+ts%. In addition to being a highly efficient marksman, he has averaged over a 4:1 assist to turnover ratio by running the offense with instinct and control. At age 31 and with a game that should age like Nash's did (back when he was 31!), we think our new man can challenge Jennings for the starter role and provide both floor spacing/zone busting and a steady hand at the wheel. If you are like John Hollinger or Dean Oliver, you love what the metric say about this young man as he put up an 18.8 PER and 7.4 win shares (.165 WS/48) last season despite playing on the woeful Toronto and Detroit teams (what's your excuse Greg Monroe?). Without further ado, the U-Niques select:

Jose Calderon

Posted Image

PG: Brandon Jennings / Jose Calderon

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Luol Deng / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

PF: Kevin Garnett / Enes Kanter

C: Dwight Howard / Jonas Valanciunas

Alex has been pm'd

• Like 2

You stole my guy there AHF and I knew you were going to do that about 5 picks back. That's okay though I have a fallback option that I'm interested in. Great, great shooter and guy to set up the offense. Won't play D and doesn't get to the line but man can he shoot.

The Amazing Alex's select Draymond Green. He was a stat sheet stuffer in college and that will translate to the NBA this season. With improved playing time Draymond will only get better in his second season in the league. He is a leader in every sense of the word and is a very likable teammate. With this selection we finally have our glue guy.

Posted Image

Mace has been PM'd.

The Mace to the Faces select

Andre Young Miller, 6'2" PG from Utah.

Posted Image

Feeling that I reached a bit with my last pick and watching guys that I actually wanted but forgot about go right after (damn you Benadryl!) in addition to watching Nash just get drafted, I figured why not go with an old warhorse of my own. In comes Andre Miller to give that vet presence and toughness to the team, serve as a mentor for both Wall and MCW while also being the best lob passer in the league feeding my bigs for fullcourt highlight oops.

PG- John Wall/Andre Miller

SG- Iman Shumpert/Michael Carter-Williams

SF-Danilo Gallinari/Kyle Korver

PF-Blake Griffin

C-Larry Sanders/Andray Blatche

• Like 1

Since I know that Alejandro won't be picking anytime soon I'm going to take my time with the pick rather than rush it since I don't know who I'm picking. Got a few guys in mind but can't make a decision and I think I need a lil red wine in me to make it.

And whew Michael-Carter Williams at SG? Good luck with that!

Kyle is really the backup 2/3 where MCW depending on my mood, if it's a B2B, of if I think he's doing well enough will play split primarily at the 1. I just listed my roster out like that for symmetry reasons.

At age 31 and with a game that should age like Nash's did (back when he was 31!),

Jose Calderon

Posted Image

PG: Brandon Jennings / Jose Calderon

SG: Dwyane Wade

SF: Luol Deng / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

PF: Kevin Garnett / Enes Kanter

C: Dwight Howard / Jonas Valanciunas

Alex has been pm'd

I guess you are counting on KG returning to his 31 yr old form? Good luck with that Mr Geriatric! ;)

• Moderators

I guess you are counting on KG returning to his 31 yr old form? Good luck with that Mr Geriatric! ;)

Nope. Counting on similar form to last year when he was excellent. I am also counting on Kanter putting up very sizable numbers this year. Remember his 23/22 game last season? He puts up huge numbers when he plays and now Millsap and Jefferson are gone so 15/9 is a realistic range with some upside from there if he just sustains his prior production let alone developing at 22 years old.There is a very good chance I have the best under-23 front court combo in the draft, IMO. I expect my reserve forwards and center to all go much earlier in next year's draft so age is not a problem at all. Edited by AHF

With the 154th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Team Knee Injury The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Danny 'The Python' Granger, SF - 6'8' 228 lbs

Posted Image
What Knee Injury?

Posted Image
Go ahead and give me this award - for the 2nd time

I'm sorry guys but I just couldn't pass up Danny Granger for another round. #1 he owes me for being my 3rd round pick last year and offering me absolutely nothing. Well Danny is ready to man up and get his boy Dolfan back by rewarding that loyalty, being ready to go day 1 and get his starting spot back. Now that might not be in Indiana, but he's gonna start and he's gonna put up Danny Granger type numbers. On the Dynasty he gets to back up Paul Pierce and forms a sick group of wings with Pierce, Leonard and Tony Allen. We'll have some lineups where Leonard, Granger and Pierce are all on the court at the same time, which will surely make Billy Knight excited to see.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0rLZdbnE0

Current Team
PG - Derrick Rose
SG - Kawhi Leonard / Tony Allen
SF - Paul Pierce / Danny Granger
PF - David West / Nerlens Noel
C - Andre Drummond / Andrew Bynum

Always late with his pick Alejondra will be PM'd

• Like 1

With the 154th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Team Knee Injury The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Danny 'The Python' Granger, SF - 6'8' 228 lbs

Posted Image

What Knee Injury?

Posted Image

Go ahead and give me this award - for the 2nd time

I'm sorry guys but I just couldn't pass up Danny Granger for another round. #1 he owes me for being my 3rd round pick last year and offering me absolutely nothing. Well Danny is ready to man up and get his boy Dolfan back by rewarding that loyalty, being ready to go day 1 and get his starting spot back. Now that might not be in Indiana, but he's gonna start and he's gonna put up Danny Granger type numbers. On the Dynasty he gets to back up Paul Pierce and forms a sick group of wings with Pierce, Leonard and Tony Allen. We'll have some lineups where Leonard, Granger and Pierce are all on the court at the same time, which will surely make Billy Knight excited to see.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0rLZdbnE0

Current Team

PG - Derrick Rose

SG - Kawhi Leonard / Tony Allen

SF - Paul Pierce / Danny Granger

PF - David West / Nerlens Noel

C - Andre Drummond / Andrew Bynum

Always late with his pick Alejondra will be PM'd

Lol - Team Knees indeed.

Nope. Counting on similar form to last year when he was excellent.I am also counting on Kanter putting up very sizable numbers this year. Remember his 23/22 game last season? He puts up huge numbers when he plays and now Millsap and Jefferson are gone so 15/9 is a realistic range with some upside from there if he just sustains his prior production let alone developing at 22 years old.There is a very good chance I have the best under-23 front court combo in the draft, IMO. I expect my reserve forwards and center to all go much earlier in next year's draft so age is not a problem at all.

I'd be happy to put my under-23 front court of Drummond / Noel / Leonard up against your Valanciuncas / Kanter / Gilchrist

Kyle is really the backup 2/3 where MCW depending on my mood, if it's a B2B, of if I think he's doing well enough will play split primarily at the 1. I just listed my roster out like that for symmetry reasons.

So really MCW is your 5th guard then. That makes a lot more sense as he'd be arguably the worst SG in the league next year.