• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

My guys are about as productive as yours and are only 19 and 20. And I have Dwight, KG and Deng ahead of them? Laugh all you want on that. I think laughter is the only argument you have.

I just don't see Kanter as a PF though. He looks like a pure C to me.I like your team a lot........especially with Calderon starting and getting your stars involved. He can really spoon feed Howard and keep him happy. Then Jennings can create shots while Wade and Howard get their breathers. Kg can space the floor and stay out of Howard's way on offense.You definitely have a top 3 team so far with young players with potential. Edited by coachx

My guys are about as productive as yours and are only 19 and 20. And I have Dwight, KG and Deng ahead of them? Laugh all you want on that. I think laughter is the only argument you have.

You kind of ignored Parsons offense and everyone of my guards. But that's ok. I love D12 and almost took him over Gasol. Just hated the thought of his FT shooting staying in that .500 range.

But I will take my power forwards vs Garnett now and its not even close IMO. Under 23, I have two players that went in the top 5 this year as well. The only thing I am laughing at is how you think Deng and KG are still franchise type players now. I like them both, just as I like Nash, but they are not what they use to be.

Not sure if I told y'all but we've hired Dr James Andrews and the Phoenix Suns medical staff to work with our team in staff.

Oh yea? Well I didn't tell anyone that I hired Skynet to be my strength and conditioning coach plus trainer.

Posted Image

• Like 2

All razzing aside, I do like your team. It will be more than solid. I just changed my strategy this year since my team sucked so bad last season in the WS category and in general production all together.

This year I made sure everyone I took early was around their mid twenties, got plenty of minutes, and were on either playoff teams or borderline playoff teams. Its for those reasons and their consistent production that I think this team I have is built for more than just a one, two year, or three year run without relying heavily on any rookie upside or old vets on their last legs ( one or two more seasons ).

Until I took Victor Oladipo at 111 no one was younger than Parsons at age 24 and until I took Nash at 148, no one was older than Gasol who is 28. Last season, three of my prospect/young guns ( Walls, Favors, and Cousins ) and two of my older players ( Billups and Odom ) hurt me pretty bad. I made it a mission to stay mid twenties this year as much as possible.

Prime years for a athlete, 25 to 30. Make sure they are productive, and on productive ( playoff caliber ) teams if possible. That was my simple strategy this season for my first group of picks. At least until it became to me a obvious bad move to pass up on a good to great young prospect or older player.

I like my team against anyone's; but they will all be tough teams. Win shares is the judge, so we will not know until next off season which end is up Posted Image

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Win shared isn't anything official. Just one way of evaluating and discussing people. My big reserves should be good by that measure if their minutes increase and they are similarly productive.As for KG and Deng, they are 3rd and 4th options - not franchise guys - but I still think their defense is great. I'll take KG over Millsap or Ilyasova every day of the week on D, for example.In terms of metrics for the dynasty draft, The way I am excited about for last year's draft is to see where they were drafted this year.

I am envisioning something like this:

PG: Tony Parker (2012 - 20th selection; 2013 - 15th selection) = +5

SG: Kevin Martin (2012 - 10th selection; 2013 - 87th selection) = -77

Edited by AHF

Bout time someone took Waiters. I really thought about it but since I don't like Waiters I just couldn't do it. But he's got too much 'potential' based on being such a high pick last year and a focal point of the Cavs offense to not take a chance. I even watched the Cavs summer league game last night to see if he'd gotten any better before I decided to make my pick last night and from what I saw I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Gotta be quick. Headed to a Wedding today.TAJ GIBSON, PFIt was not my intention to recreate the Chicago Frontcourt of two years ago so exactly, but ey were a rock-solid defensive team so I'll take it.Teague - BurkeIguodola - McLemoreGeorgeNowitzki - GibsonNoah - AsikLW3 has been PMed.

Edited by MrNique
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 160th pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Chukwuemeka Noubuisi Okafor. No, that's not what he's eating, that's his name. Just call him…

Emeka Okafor, Center/Power Forward, 6’10”, 255 lbs.

Soon to reach age 31, Emeka Okafor still looks hungry, but doesn’t seem to be in much of a hurry to get to dessert. The former #2 NBA Draft Pick now enters his tenth season with just one playoff appearance (a mere six postseason games) to show for it. Whether a Bobcat, a Hornet, or a Wizard, he’s grown accustomed to young but flawed rosters, waiting for precocious teammates to turn the corner professionally as he held things together on the defensive end.

That situation won’t change on the Injections, but the end-of-season outlook is much brighter for Mek as he shifts into a reserve role at center behind DeMarcus Cousins on a roster packed with promising growth. The former Academic All-American may be just the guy to lead the charge of this young bunch toward the playoffs.

Okafor becomes the fourth of the Top 20 NBA per-game rebounders from last season to join the Injections, tying Cousins for 9th in total rebounding percentage. His 9.9 rebounds per game over the course of his career ranks 5th among active NBA players, while he is among four guys leading the Top 10 NBA active-player lists for offensive and defensive rebounding percentage. He was the last among undrafted players with 20 or more double-doubles from last season. While not the shotblocker he once was, Okafor finished 11th in the NBA for defensive rating, and guided the Wizards into something of a defensive revelation after years of languid play.

Like his ex-Wizard and current Injection teammates Bradley Beal and Martell Webster, it was a tale of two seasons for Okafor once the dynamic John Wall returned, numbers which bode well with a full season of Kemba Walker on the horizon. ESPN-affiliate Truth About It made it plain about Okafor’s production as a center after a rough start to the season:

“Other NBA centers who have averaged a double-double and better than 50 percent shooting from the field since January 12: Al Horford, Dwight Howard, J.J. Hickson, Nikola Vucevic, and Omer Asik. Out of all of them, Okafor has the best Defensive Rating of 98.5 (team points allowed per 100 possessions when on the court), compared to: 102.0 (Horford), 100.3 (Howard), 108.6 (Hickson), 108.8 (Vucevic), and 103.2 (Asik).

“That guy spends more time in the weight room than wrestlers,” crowed Webster about Okafor. “He is always preparing his body, not by just lifting heavy weights.” His supreme approach to conditioning has kept the big man fresh as a 30-year-old starter, finishing second on the Wizards in minutes played last season, behind Webster. He’s appeared as a starter in 85 percent of his teams’ games in 5 of the last 6 NBA seasons, and still has the reserved energy ideal for an NBA backup.

Mek has always been a subpar free-throw shooter (a career 58% that continues to slide), but the Injections don’t really need him as an offensive banger drawing trips to the line. Still, Tristan Thompson sorely needs to develop a hook shot, and who better to guide him than the guy who led the NBA in field goal percentage on hook shots last season? Okafor improved a struggling frontline teammate's hook shot so much that the latter wound up right behind him at #2 in the league for hook shot FG%.

At this stage of his career, he serves as an ideal component for any NBA locker room. In late February he may have salvaged the Wizards’ season by going in on a struggling, smoldering, tongue-lashing John Wall and urging him to extract head-from-posterior for the sake of team cohesion. Wall would emerge as the Eastern Conference Player of the Week just a few weeks later and the Wizards made a playoff run that lasted until the first week of April. Emeka will have his tough-love voice in the ear of another perpetually-frustrated Kentucky Wildcat, DMC, all season long with the Injections.

Okafor is the ideal tetrimino for a talented Injections frontline, plus a solid team leader that could ride the wave into the postseason for just the second time in his career.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker

SG – Bradley Beal/Martell Webster

SF – Gordon Hayward/Andrei Kirilenko

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge/Tristan Thompson

C – DeMarcus Cousins/Emeka Okafor

The inimitable coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

Win shared isn't anything official. Just one way of evaluating and discussing people. My big reserves should be good by that measure if their minutes increase and they are similarly productive.As for KG and Deng, they are 3rd and 4th options - not franchise guys - but I still think their defense is great. I'll take KG over Millsap or Ilyasova every day of the week on D, for example.In terms of metrics for the dynasty draft, The way I am excited about for last year's draft is to see where they were drafted this year.

I am envisioning something like this:

PG: Tony Parker (2012 - 20th selection; 2013 - 15th selection) = +5

SG: Kevin Martin (2012 - 10th selection; 2013 - 87th selection) = -77

I did not use pure win shares, if so I would have taken a lot of KB's picks. What I saw was a trend with win shares. Productive teams and productive players = more win shares than non productive teams and productive players. I then took that trend and applied the 25 to 30 yr rule. Which I broke with the Parsons pick ( 24 ) but not by much.

I still took very good players. But instead of taking say Cousins, Wall, Favors; I took Gasol, Conley, Ersan or Millsap. I think Ersan and Millsap are both going to be beast this season. They both had minutes taken away last season for various reasons and this year, I see the playing time as all theirs.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

First Round

1. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Lebron James

2. jy23 - Kevin Durant

3. KB21 - Chris Paul

4. Buzzard - Marc Gasol

5. Diesel - Stephen Curry

6. AtlHawk3 - Russell Westbrook

7. AHF - Dwight Howard
8. Alex - James Harden

9. Colin/Macecase - Blake Griffin

10. Dolfan - Derrick Rose

11. alejandro09 - Al Horford

12. JayBirdHawk - Kyrie Irving

13. northcyde/sultanofatl - Carmelo Anthony

14. capstone - Kevin Love

15. MrNique - Paul George

16. Lethalweapon3 - LeMarcus Aldridge

17. coachx - Anthony Davis

18. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Ricky Rubio

Second Round

19. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Brook Lopez

20. coachx - Damian Lilliard

21. lw3 - DeMarcus Cousins

22. Colin / MaCase - John Wall

23. MrNique - Joakim Noah

24. capstone - Deron Williams

25. northcyde/sultanofatl - Al Jefferson

26. JayBirdHawk - Roy Hibbert

27. alejandro09 - Tony Parker

28. Dolfan - Kawhi Leonard

29. Alex - Rajon Rondo

30. AHF - Dwayne Wade

31. AtlHawk3 - David Lee

32. Diesel - Nikola Vucevic

33. Buzzard - Chandler Parsons

34. KB21 - Serge Ibaka

35. jy23 - Greg Monroe

36. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Chris Bosh

Third Round

37. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Jrue Holliday

38. jy23 - Ty Lawson

39. KB21 - Tyson Chandler

40. Buzzard - Mike Conley

41. Diesel - Zach Randolph

42. AtlHawk3 - Tim Duncan

43. AHF - Luol Deng
44. Alex - Josh Smith

45. Colin/Macecase - Larry Sanders

46. Dolfan - Nerlens Noel

47. alejandro09 - Jeff Green

48. JayBirdHawk - Klay Thompson

49. northcyde/sultanofatl - Kenneth Faried

50. capstone - Nicholas Baturm

51. MrNique - Andre Iguodala

52. Lethalweapon3 - Kemba Walker

53. coachx - Kobe Bryant

54. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Rudy Gay

Fourth Round

55. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Derrick Favors

56. coachx - Nikola Pekovic

57. lw3 - Bradley Beal

58. MrNique - Jeff Teague

59. capstone - Marcin Gortat

60. northcyde/sultanofatl - Danny Green

61. JayBirdHawk - Jimmy Butler

62. alejandro09 - Harrison Barnes

63. Dolfan - Andre Drummond

64. Colin/Macecase - Danilo Gallinari

65. Alex - JJ Hickson

66. AHF - Brandon Jennings

67. AtlHawk3 - Thaddeus Young

68. Diesel - O.J. Mayo

69. Buzzard - Tyreke Evans

70. KB21 - George Hill

71. jy23 - SKIPPED / Bismack Biyombo

72. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Eric Gordon

Fifth Round

73. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Spencer Hawes

74. jy23 - SKIPPED / Reggie Evans

75. KB21 - Tiago Splitter

76. Buzzard - Irsan Ilyasova

77. Diesel - Maurice Harkless

78. AtlHawk3 - J.R. Smith

79. AHF - Jonas Valauciunas
80. Alex - Kevin Martin

81. Colin/Macecase - Iman Shumpert

82. Dolfan - Paul Pierce

83. alejandro09 - DeAndre Jordan

84. JayBirdHawk - Ryan Anderson

85. northcyde/sultanofatl - Eric Bledsoe

86. capstone - Tobias Harris

87. MrNique - Omer Asik

88. Lethalweapon3 - Gordon Heyward

89. coachx - Joe Johnson

90. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Kyle Lowry

Sixth Round

91. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Demar DeRozan

92. coachx - Otto Porter

93. lw3 -Tristan Thompson

94. MrNique - Dirk Nowitzki

95. capstone - Wesley Matthews

96. northcyde/sultanofatl - Monta Ellis

97. JayBirdHawk - Gregg Popovich

98. alejandro09 - Mark Jackson

99. Dolfan - David West

100. Colin/Macecase - Andray Blatche

101. Alex - Goran Dragic

102. AHF - Kevin Garnett

103. AtlHawk3 - Pau Gasol

104. Diesel - Jamal Crawford

105. Buzzard - Paul Millsap

106. KB21 - Tabo Sefolosha

107. jy23 - Avery Bradley

108. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Marcus Thornton

Seventh Round

109. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Rick Carlisle

110. jy23 - Jared Dudley

111. KB21 - Amir Johnson

112. Buzzard - Victor Oladipo

113. Diesel - Greivis Vasquez

114. AtlHawk3 - Evan Turner

115. AHF - Enes Kanter
116. Alex - Andrew Bogut

117. Colin/Macecase - Kyle Korver

118. Dolfan - Andrew Bynum

119. alejandro09 - Earl Clark

120. JayBirdHawk - Javale McGee

121. northcyde/sultanofatl - Gerald Wallace

122. capstone - Anderson Varejao

123. MrNique - Trey Burk

124. Lethalweapon3 - Andrei Kirilenko

125. coachx - Carlos Boozer

126. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Amare Stoudamire

Eighth Round

127. PSSSHHHRRR87 - Tom Thibodeau

128. coachx - Brandon Knight

129. lw3 - Martell Webster

130. MrNique - Ben McLemore

131. capstone - Raymond Felton

132. northcyde/sultanofatl - JJ Reddick

133. JayBirdHawk - Jarrett Jack

134. alejandro09 - Jeremy Lamb

135. Dolfan - Tony Allen

136. Colin/Macecase - Michael Carter-Williams

137. Alex - Erik Spoelstra

138. AHF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

139. AtlHawk3 - Nate Robinson

140. Diesel - Andrea Bargnani

141. Buzzard - Cody Zeller

142. KB21 - Jeremy Lin

143. jy23 - Isaiah Thomas

144. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Robin Lopez

Ninth Round

145. Chinky_eyed_hawk - Carlos Delfino

146. jy23 - Kyle Singler

147. KB21 - Louis Williams

148. Buzzard - Steve Nash

149. Diesel - Tyler Zeller

150. AtlHawk3 - Manu Ginoboli

151. AHF - Jose Calderon
152. Alex - Draymond Green

153. Colin/Macecase - Andre Miller

154. Dolfan - Danny Granger

155. alejandro09 - Jerryd Bayless

156. JayBirdHawk - Carl Landry

157. northcyde/sultanofatl - Chris Kaman

158. capstone - Dion Waiters

159. MrNique - Taj Gibson

160. Lethalweapon3 - Emaka Okafor

161. coachx -

162. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

Tenth Round

163. PSSSHHHRRR87 -

164. coachx -

165. lw3 -

166. MrNique -

167. capstone -

168. northcyde/sultanofatl -

169. JayBirdHawk -

170. alejandro09 -

171. Dolfan -

172. Colin/Macecase -

173. Alex -

174. AHF -

175. AtlHawk3 -

176. Diesel -

177. Buzzard -

178. KB21 -

179. jy23 -

180. Chinky_eyed_hawk -

• Moderators

I did not use pure win shares, if so I would have taken a lot of KB's picks. What I saw was a trend with win shares. Productive teams and productive players = more win shares than non productive teams and productive players. I then took that trend and applied the 25 to 30 yr rule. Which I broke with the Parsons pick ( 24 ) but not by much. I still took very good players. But instead of taking say Cousins, Wall, Favors; I took Gasol, Conley, Ersan or Millsap. I think Ersan and Millsap are both going to be beast this season. They both had minutes taken away last season for various reasons and this year, I see the playing time as all theirs.

That is fair. I have favored vets among my starters as well. I also agree win shares and ws/48 are useful tools for evaluation.

Going with a veteran at this point. I'll take Tayshan Prince. He hits the corner 3 and plays good defense. A nice veteran off the bench. Another mentor for Porter.

You sure Prince won't just pull an ancient Mayan ritual where he transfers his soul into Porter's? He's the perfect replacement body.

• Moderators

With 162nd pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

WILSON CHANDLER, SG

Posted Image

Here I pick up a versatile who can shoot and drive to the hoop. Big 2 guard can play D is really good all-around. 13.0 ppg, 1.3 apg, 5.1 rpg, and a PER of 16.61. Can play 2 or 3. Had a W/S of 3.1, with 1.8 being offensive, 1.3 being defensive. Played 25 mpg.

With the 163rd pick, I am selecting:

COREY BREWER, SF

Posted Image

Long, athletic wing player that plays great defense and can slash to the hoop. Is on the skinny side, but has height at 6'9". 12.1 ppg, 1.5 apg, 2.9 rpg, and a PER of 14.76 in 24 mpg. Had W/S of 3.9 with 2.2 being defensive, 1.7 being offensive.

C - Brook Lopez

PF - Derrick Favors

SF - Rudy Gay

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Ricky Rubio

PG - Kyle Lowry

PF - Amar'e Stoudemire

SG - Wilson Chandler

SF - Corey Brewer

coachx has been PM'd

• Like 2