• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 164th pick I select Kosta Koufos.Koufos is 7', 265 lbs, and just 24 years old. He simply produced for Denver last year. In just 22 mpg he averaged 8 ppg, 7 rpg, 1.3 bpg, and shot 58% on FGs last season. He has had a per over 17 each of the last 2 years and had a win share of 7.24 last season.The Perfect Balance IIIDamian LillardJoe JohnsonKobe BryantAnthony DavisNicolas PekovicCarlos BoozerBrandon KnightOtto PorterTayshan PrinceKosta KoufasLW3 is being PMd.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 165th pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Kevin McHale, Head Coach

While still a bit green when compared to many in the coaching biz, Kevin McHale is quite familiar with turning newly-assembled parts into something fierce. In the lockout-shortened 2011-12, his first full coaching season, McHale guided a Houston roster loaded with role players to a .500 record, despite injuries sidelining two of his three top scorers for much of the year.

Last year, he one-upped himself by taking a completely revamped roster (Chandler Parsons being the sole Houston player finishing 2013 that was around in 2012), led by a reigning Six Man of the Year that arrived just a week before the season started, and steered the crew to his first expedition into the NBA playoffs as a coach. His Rockets put a late scare into a suddenly-hobbled Oklahoma City team in the first round before falling in six games.

He’s also quite comfortable with developing NBA talent across multiple positions. Last year, three of the top ten vote-getters for Most Improved Player (Omer Asik, James Harden, Parsons) were Rockets. Throw in Goran Dragic from 2012, and McHale is the only active NBA coach who had players from the past two seasons among the Most Improved top-ten voting lists.

Despite the accomplishments with those particular players, McHale would love to get some talented power forwards under his wing and share the intricacies of the “Torture Chamber,” masterful post moves that made McHale a tour de force during his playing years. The French-article Marcuses, LaMarcus and DeMarcus, and the impressionable Tristan Thompson, each at times a tour de farce down low, can learn more about post play than McHale has already forgotten.

While he can be tough behind-the-scenes with his players, the Injections would be hard-pressed to find anyone more accomplished to look up to for their professional development. Looking for a fellow All-Rookie First-Teamer, like Beal or Cousins or Aldridge or Kirilenko? McHale has an award for that in his trophy case. Shifting from a career as a starter to the bench, like Okafor? How about a two-time Sixth Man of the Year as your coach?

If you need to build on your defensive acumen, you’ve got a coach who made an All-Defensive team six times, including five seasons in a row. Looking to enhance your shooting efficiency? Put your trust in the first NBA player ever to shoot over 60% from the field and over 80% from the free throw line in a season, and the last NBA player since the Hawks’ Lou Hudson in 1970 to reach the top 10 in both categories in the same season. Eager to achieve personal accolades? You’ve got a guy who made the All-Star Game seven times (once as a sixth-man reserve) and All-NBA First Team in just his second season as a full-time starter.

But where McHale, a three-time NBA champion, will be most helpful is getting this budding roster to think big-picture and sacrifice for the sake of building an NBA title-caliber club. The projected starting lineup has a total of 22 postseason appearances (none last season), and zero playoff series wins, while Kirilenko accounts for 45 of the combined 57 playoff appearances (and all three series wins) by the four Injection reserves.

Last season, McHale guided seven Rocket players into their first NBA Playoffs, starting some unremarkable names due to injuries of their own, yet still coming away with two victories against the defending Western Conference champs. His pedigree and growing confidence as a head coach will prove beneficial for the Injections on multiple levels.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker

SG – Bradley Beal/Martell Webster

SF – Gordon Hayward/Andrei Kirilenko

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge/Tristan Thompson

C – DeMarcus Cousins/Emeka Okafor

Head Coach: Kevin McHale

The ingenious MrNique has been PM'd.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

With the #something or other pick, Mr Nique selects: ARRON AFFLALO, SG Loved him when he was a team player in Denver, draining 3s from the corner and playing good teams defense. In Orlando, I think he was miscast as more of their star when he was healthy earlier in the season. People talk about his defense taking a tumble although he continued to expand his Offensive game. Well, wit my team he won't have to force shots, with the talent I have he'll hopefully be back to form. I'm going to push the Rookie down the rotation:Teague - BurkeIguodola - Afflalo - McLemoreGeorgeNowitzki - GibsonJoakim - Asik

• Like 1

• Admin

With the #something or other pick, Mr Nique selects: ARRON AFFLALO, SG Loved him when he was a team player in Denver, draining 3s from the corner and playing good teams defense. In Orlando, I think he was miscast as more of their star when he was healthy earlier in the season. People talk about his defense taking a tumble although he continued to expand his Offensive game. Well, wit my team he won't have to force shots, with the talent I have he'll hopefully be back to form. I'm going to push the Rookie down the rotation:Teague - BurkeIguodola - Afflalo - McLemoreGeorgeNowitzki - GibsonJoakim - Asik

Excellent pick...he should have gone a couple rounds ago

• Admin

Capstone's Crew selects Nene Hilario Excellent big man who plays nice pick and roll defense and has a real nice post game. Very willing passer but not a great rebounder. However we are okay for rebounds already. Should compliment Varejao very well off the bench for our front court...very happy and surprised to get Nene this late in the draft. Sultan has been pm'd

• Like 1

Capstone's Crew selects Nene HilarioExcellent big man who plays nice pick and roll defense and has a real nice post game. Very willing passer but not a great rebounder. However we are okay for rebounds already. Should compliment Varejao very well off the bench for our front court...very happy and surprised to get Nene this late in the draft.Sultan has been pm'd

He was on my radar several picks ago but passed on him for some dumb reason!

Jaybird 'Fighting' Hawks select:Lance Stephenson - SG. I think he has finally understanding how to use his talents under his Indy head coach. With Bird back in the fold I think he will only continue to improve.Alejandro PM'd

Jaybird 'Fighting' Hawks select:Lance Stephenson - SG.I think he has finally understanding how to use his talents under his Indy head coach. With Bird back in the fold I think he will only continue to improve.Alejandro PM'd

He never panned out to be the all world player he was projected coming out of HS; but Lance plays basketball smartly and his energy is awesome.

With my late night pick, The Fighting Alejandras select Kendrick Lamar, I mean Kendrick Perkins. He definitely isn't the best player to take when it comes to advanced metrics like win shares. But he does little things on the court that make other players look great. Plus with some of these other lineups, it doesn't hurt to have another big strong body to throw in the game.

Dolfon will be pm'd.

• Like 2