• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

Really neat Dolf. I guess we could each temporarily bookmark the link on our browsers and pull it up from there. It's what I have done now.

That's what I would recommend. You can get it to by clicking in the Fantasy League forum and then it's a sub-forum at the top of it. So it's not a hidden or secret link or anything.

Don't have a lot of time for a write up but with my next pick, the Flocking Buzzards take Power Forward John Henson.

KB has been PM'd

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

I like Henson a lot. I took him last year thinking that he was ready to at least be a shot blocker but he had a pretty blah 1st year. I expect he's going to be a lot more productive this year.

I agree he is a good young prospect. I didn't need his skill set like I needed someone with significant upside who could be a stretch forward but I had him on my list of potential value picks at this point in the draft.

With the 178th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty draft, the KB21 Bombers select Gordon Hayward, SF from the Utah Jazz.

This is a player that has shown steady growth in his career to this point. He is a very strong three point shooter who is a very efficient offensive player overall. I really like him coming off my bench along with Jeremy Lin and Lou Williams in the back court. I think he can develop into a Kyle Korver type of player as we go forward.

Posted Image

• Moderators

With the 178th pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty draft, the KB21 Bombers select Gordon Hayward, SF from the Utah Jazz.

This is a player that has shown steady growth in his career to this point. He is a very strong three point shooter who is a very efficient offensive player overall. I really like him coming off my bench along with Jeremy Lin and Lou Williams in the back court. I think he can develop into a Kyle Korver type of player as we go forward.

Posted Image

He went #88 overall to LW3.

• Like 2

Heck. I missed that.

Then, I change my pick and I'm going to take Sergei Karasev from the Cleveland Cavaliers. He is somewhat of an unknown, but he brings the kind of ability that I'm looking for at this position. Similar to what I wanted earlier, I think he can be an efficient scorer and terrific three point shooter as he develops.

• Like 1

I like Henson a lot. I took him last year thinking that he was ready to at least be a shot blocker but he had a pretty blah 1st year. I expect he's going to be a lot more productive this year.

I was debating over getting him or Davis but then I considered coach **** is an X factor after he had ***** languishing on the bench. Just wasn't to confident about how a young PF would do in Milwaukee but I knew that Hollinger or someone would push hard for Davis to get time in Memphis.

Diesel yet again took a guy I was dead sure would reach me...

Ed Davis may still turn his career around and realize his potential, but I think there's a lot less chance of him getting there than there is for Henson since he's just starting his career and showed some signs last year of being capable. I think he had like .118 win shares per 48 or something like that, which was better than I thought.

Don't stroke D's ego too much, now he's going to really try and steal players from you!

• Like 1

My missing write ups and here is my first one on Marc Gasol. Marc Gasol was a hard choice simply because there are like 15 to 20 great players IMO who can go in the top ten. Seconly taking any center over D12 is a tough tough choice.

It all came down to how I wanted to build my team. First and foremost I want rebounding and defense. I think D12 or Gasol fits that bill; but Dwight is the obvious winner. Secondly, I want good to great offensive post play. Gasol won that in my opinion. A very small tie breaker was free throw shooting but that did not give it to Gasol.

What did was my belief that I could continue building with my later picks a great defense around Gasol, without sacrificing post up offense. It was a balanced team concept vs the single player concept. There are better offensive post players than Gasol, and there are better defensive post players than Gasol. But I think Marc Gasol is the most balanced on both offensive and defensive fronts of any center in the NBA. That is how I made my final decision. Write up on Henson coming later tonight.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Running with Mr. Clutch RAY ALLEN!!!! Chink has been pmd

• Like 1

Running with Mr. Clutch RAY ALLEN!!!! Chink has been pmd

That was not cool! I've been hoping to stash him until this coming round and I almost took him instead of Tony Allen a couple rounds back. Good job getting the best 3pt shooter ever to play here in the 10th round!

That was not cool! I've been hoping to stash him until this coming round and I almost took him instead of Tony Allen a couple rounds back. Good job getting the best 3pt shooter ever to play here in the 10th round!

• Like 1

John Henson write up.

Mr. Henson is a rebounding beast and he fits in perfectly with our team concept of rebounding and defense. When we decide to build a brick wall around the rim, Marc Gasol and John Henson will get that done the minute they step on the floor together. Even if he never develops into a good offensive option, his upside as a defender and rebounder is off the charts. The type of stuff defensive legends are made of.

I searched twice on this board to make sure he had not been picked yet. The first time was just a hunch, the 2nd time was to be perfectly sure.

Those who are only concerned with fantasy points, playing time, and a certain coach who may not use him, need only to remember how many times we saw these lineups: C-unnamed 7 footer, PF-Horford, and SF Smoove or Horford, Smoove, and unnamed mean player play together; and now picture this lineup:

Sanders, Henson, and Ersan

In other words that coach has been known to play big at small forward; so I can see Mr. Henson's numbers going up this season with Ersan still stretching the floor at the 3 spot. I mean seriously, who would you rather have chucking threes at SF, 6' 9" Josh Smith or 6' 10" Ersan Ilyasova?

Edited by Buzzard