• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

With that John Jenkins pick, it has made me realize that I lack a 3pt shooter. It's going to be hard for Rubio to drive and kick and for the big guys to operate with zero 3pt threat. Just crowd the lane on me folks! About to be brick city from deep from my club. lol

• Like 1

• Moderators

With that John Jenkins pick, it has made me realize that I lack a 3pt shooter. It's going to be hard for Rubio to drive and kick and for the big guys to operate with zero 3pt threat. Just crowd the lane on me folks! About to be brick city from deep from my club. lol

That was a bit of my concern with my team several rounds ago but I think with Calderon (40% from 3 for his career), Jenkins (38.4% from 3), Jennings (35.4% from 3 for his career), Deng (35% from 3 over last 6 years) and Bennett, I've significantly improved my team's ability to deal with a zone D. KG is useful for high post/low post spacing with Dwight as well.

Draft isn't over and there are still some shooters so it may not be too late!

With the 188th pick the Amazing Alex's select PF

REGGIE EVANS

The man grabs rebounds and at an alarming rate. He will be the enforcer of our squad. If he scores 50 points all season that is a plus in my eyes.

Mace has been messaged and is on the clock.

Edited by Alex

That was a bit of my concern with my team several rounds ago but I think with Calderon (40% from 3 for his career), Jenkins (38.4% from 3), Jennings (35.4% from 3 for his career), Deng (35% from 3 over last 6 years) and Bennett, I've significantly improved my team's ability to deal with a zone D. KG is useful for high post/low post spacing with Dwight as well.

Draft isn't over and there are still some shooters so it may not be too late!

You sniped Calderon and Jenkins from me you dirty wildcat!

With the actual 189th pick of the Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty draft, the Fightin' Macerino Cherries select Shabazz Nagee Mouktar Kareem Abdul Rami Muhammad, 6'6" SF from UCLA.

Posted Image

*perhaps the only instance of him passing*

It's been a bumpy road (not a jab at his serious ingrown hair condition) for the pride of Vegas, going from a surefire top pick to barely remaining in the lottery but fear not, Bazzy! I still have hope in you! With a solid rotation already in place, Bazzy can learn the ropes on the bench next to MCW and if they got what it takes to hang with my big boys then watch out world! Bazz gives me another wing in addition to Korver that can alternate between G and F and if he realizes his potential is yet another pure-scorer giving me depth behind Gallo.

Let's see if I can even remember who I picked, should put them in my sig or something.

John Wall/Andre Miller/Michael Carter-Williams

Iman Shumpert/ Kyle Korver

Il Gallo/ Shabazz Prophet Muhammad

Blake Griffindor/ Special Ed Davis

Larry Sanders/ Dray Day Blatche

• Like 2

With the 190th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Bill Walton, PF/C - 6'11' 210 lbs

Posted Image

Whoooops my bad I meant...

Kelly Olynyk, PF/C - 7' 235 lbs

Posted Image

WHO ARE THE GUYS THAT YOU WOULD BE PISSED IF WE DRAFTED?

For me I think it's gotta be Olynyk as my top choice but I'd probably be nearly as pissed if we drafted ***** and to a lesser degree ***** because I'm very worried about him being this years hype machine player.

But this is why president of basketball operations Dolfan The Great traded up to draft the Gonzaga center with the 13th pick. Olynyk was the most offensively skilled center on the draft boardmiles ahead of Nerlens Noel and even Alex Len in terms of his ability to see the floor.

All of that vision and polish came out in Olynyk’s first game in a Dynasty uniform. He not only scored 25 points on 9-for-12 shooting, hitting from a shot chart’s worth of spots, he also laced passes out of the high post and generally boosted the floor’s overall IQ level.

Olynyk has that much in common with every other player in the Orlando summer league. But among the first-year players, Olynyk has a shred more NBA readiness. He was 2-for-4 from downtown, equally good from mid-range, and at one stage even scooped up a loose ball at the foul line and drove left for a tough basket.

His offense is remarkably varied.

“It’s our job as coaches to find the best situation to take advantage of his matchup,” Dynasty assistant coach Jay Lalalala, who is running the summer league team, said of the benefits that come with Olynyk’s skill. “If it’s a bigger guy you try to get him on the perimeter, and if it’s a smaller guy you try to post him. He’s a lot of fun to coach, a very nice kid.”

The Dynasty were extremely nervous that he might not make it back around to us but with some shrewd commenting to prior GM's about them "stealing" players that we actually had no interest in, we hoped to create enough of a diversion to keep other GM's from poaching our prized big man. Olynyk is the most offensively gifted C to come out in quite a while, with his ability to score from deep, find teammates with amazing passes, or taking opposing bigs off of the dribble. He's a matchup nightmare as you can't put a small on him or he'll post him up and you can't put a big on him or he'll embarrass him from deep and off the dribble. He's going to immediately slot into our backup PF/C slot while Noel and Bynum heal up their knees and we expect big numbers from the 2013-2014 NBA Rookie of the Year.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYG1Ksrnm4

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3RqEE1E0w

Current Team
PG - Derrick Rose / CJ McCollum
SG - Kawhi Leonard / Tony Allen
SF - Paul Pierce / Danny Granger
PF - David West / Kelly Olynyk / Nerlens Noel
C - Andre Drummond / Kelly Olynyk / Andrew Bynum

The Slap Fighting Alejandra's Posted Imagewill be PM'd

• Like 4

• Moderators

The Slap Fighting Alejandra's Posted Imagewill be PM'd

Every time I read his screen name I always read it like this:

https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqIUb2RdGQ

And as much as you were against the Hawks taking Olynyk, I'm surprised you took him...

• Like 2

Every time I read his screen name I always read it like this:

And as much as you were against the Hawks taking Olynyk, I'm surprised you took him...

Haha that was my thought the very first round when I was like ale ale jandro (or something like that)

I was soooo against Olynyk until I realized that if we took him to be a stretch 4/5 he could be extremely dangerous. I just hated the idea of taking him to be a back to the basket traditional C. He's put up tremendous numbers in summer league with something like 27/8 and 62% shooting - but don't quote me on that since I haven't looked since yesterday.

• Moderators

Haha that was my thought the very first round when I was like ale ale jandro (or something like that)

I was soooo against Olynyk until I realized that if we took him to be a stretch 4/5 he could be extremely dangerous. I just hated the idea of taking him to be a back to the basket traditional C. He's put up tremendous numbers in summer league with something like 27/8 and 62% shooting - but don't quote me on that since I haven't looked since yesterday.

He has been great over the few summer league games he has played. He is putting up 18 ppg / 7.8 rpg / .578 fg%. For all these summer wonders, it will be interesting to see how they translate against real NBA defenses.

The Fighting Alejandras? This means war Dolfon Posted Image

Due to lack of time for a proper write up, I select Swaggy P himself Nick Young. I'll plant him behind Jeremy Lamb to limit his minutes and his bonehead plays.

JBH has been pm'd

It's the slap fighting Alejandra's lol :gayfight:

He has been great over the few summer league games he has played. He is putting up 18 ppg / 7.8 rpg / .578 fg%. For all these summer wonders, it will be interesting to see how they translate against real NBA defenses.

Is that all it was? I thought he was putting up better numbers than that. Maybe it was his 3pt % that was around 62?

• Moderators

Is that all it was? I thought he was putting up better numbers than that. Maybe it was his 3pt % that was around 62?

No - 23% from 3pt range so you may want to think twice before you turn him loose from there. (Of course, SSS).

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2013/players/sl_kelly_olynyk/index.html

Edited by AHF