• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

No - 23% from 3pt range so you may want to think twice before you turn him loose from there. (Of course, SSS). http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2013/players/sl_kelly_olynyk/index.html

Jeez I swear NBA TV had much better numbers for him during their broadcast yesterday and I didn't go look to back them up. Oh well he's been good from 3 outside of that 0-5 game.

• Moderators

Jeez I swear NBA TV had much better numbers for him during their broadcast yesterday and I didn't go look to back them up. Oh well he's been good from 3 outside of that 0-5 game.

Yeah - small sample size. I wouldn't take too much from the numbers given the forum and the fact that you are talking about 5 games.

As an aside, do you know the story behind him redshirting his junior season? I saw that and thought it was strange.

Yeah - small sample size. I wouldn't take too much from the numbers given the forum and the fact that you are talking about 5 games.

As an aside, do you know the story behind him redshirting his junior season? I saw that and thought it was strange.

Is he Mormon? Maybe went on pilgrimage or what is it they call it when they take a year to go help the less fortunate in some corner of the world, crusade? You can tell that the heat wave has baked my brain, I seriously can't draw out the word on the tip of my mind.

With the 100 n mumble mumble pick, the Jaybird 'Fighting' Hawks select:

Mmmmmmm.....ok.....nooooooo. Alright. Here goes:

The stretch 4 was the new fad a few years ago, the new thing now is the '3 and D' do with that bring said we select:

Trevor Ariza, SF

PG - Kyrie Irving/Jarrett Jack
SG - Klay Thompson/Lance Stephenson
SF -Jimmy Buttler/ Trevor Ariza
PF - Ryan Anderson/Carl Landry
C - Roy Hibbert/Javale McGee
Coach - Gergg Popovich

Sultan PM'd

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Yeah - small sample size. I wouldn't take too much from the numbers given the forum and the fact that you are talking about 5 games. As an aside, do you know the story behind him redshirting his junior season? I saw that and thought it was strange.

I think I read that he wasn't happy with his playing time but rather than transfer he took a year off to work on his game and earn playing time.

Haha that was my thought the very first round when I was like ale ale jandro (or something like that) I was soooo against Olynyk until I realized that if we took him to be a stretch 4/5 he could be extremely dangerous. I just hated the idea of taking him to be a back to the basket traditional C. He's put up tremendous numbers in summer league with something like 27/8 and 62% shooting - but don't quote me on that since I haven't looked since yesterday.

I like him as a player......just not as a fit next to Horford.

• Admin

Capstone's Crew selects Reggie Jackson gJackson came alive in the playoffs this year. He is a score first point guard who can also switch to off guard. Gives us depth at both guard positions. He will have a real breakout season this year and we are excited to have himMrnique has been pm'd

• Like 1

MrNique selects: ANDREW NICHOLSON, PF Haven't watched him a ton, but I know he came on the last 1/3rd of the season when Orlando was playing their younger guys. Good shooter, so I could see him playing over Taj in certain situations.Teague - BurkeIguodola - Afflalo - McLemoreGeorgeNowitzki - Gibson - NicholsonNoah - Asik

• Like 1

I looked at Nicholson and probably would have really considered him if he is who I thought he was but I believe he didn't attempt a single 3 last year. I was thinking he was a 3pt shooting PF but I guess I was wrong. Nice young player with potential though.

Capstone's Crew selects Reggie Jackson gJackson came alive in the playoffs this year. He is a score first point guard who can also switch to off guard. Gives us depth at both guard positions. He will have a real breakout season this year and we are excited to have himMrnique has been pm'd

I expect Reggie to break out this year. I nearly took him last round but decided to go with the younger and i think more dynamic McCollum.
  • Like 1

I looked at Nicholson and probably would have really considered him if he is who I thought he was but I believe he didn't attempt a single 3 last year. I was thinking he was a 3pt shooting PF but I guess I was wrong. Nice young player with potential though.

Dolfan, he can shoot the 3. All the reports about him say so. Not sure why he didn't attempt any though. In my offense, he'll be asked to. I believe he shot 43% in college if I remember what I read correctly.I was waiting on Olynyk at this pick as others were and had to go to another plan.LW3 has been PMed btw
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 196th pick in the 2013 Summer-Autumn Dynasty (SAD) Draft, the Lethal Injections select:

Posted Image

Mo Williams, Point Guard, 6’1”, 195 lbs.

Maurice Williams could definitely use some more valuable hardware on his hands. Reaching age 31 in December, the point guard is eager to continue in a starting role, preferably on a contending team. With so few options available, Mo would do well to recognize his greatest utility would be as an offensive complement to a star, as he did in his 2009 All-Star season with LeBron James and in 2012 while backing up Chris Paul. The Injections have at least a couple of Almost-Ready-for-Prime-Time candidates at his disposal.

Williams took his 2011-12 season with the Clippers as an understudy behind the superlative Paul and parlayed it into a half-season as the lead ballhandler for the Utah Jazz. He doubled his per-game assist numbers from 3.1 to 6.2 APG, and benefitted from being the most trusted contributor amongst an otherwise tumultuous point guard rotation in Salt Lake City. Despite being hampered by a severe thumb sprain that sidelined him for two months in mid-season, Williams still shot over 38 percent from three-point range.

Mo was one of just two remaining undrafted players, and 21 overall, who averaged more than six assists and more than one three-pointer per game in 2012-13, and his 3FG% ranked fifth among that set while his 2.7 TOs/game ranked eighth-lowest. The year he was traded in midseason to L.A. from Cleveland and had two 20-point scorers available, Williams finished 2010-11 in the NBA’s top ten for assist percentage and upped his accuracy on treys from 27 to 40 percent. He is among the few of the top 30 returning NBA players in career assists and threes made.

Mo’s efficiency dwindled last season, however, as he struggled to convert on drives to the basket when playing alongside centers and wings that could not stretch the floor. Driving into the lane and drawing fouls is crucial for a guy who ranks sixth among active NBA players in career free throw percentage (87 percent). The good news is the net per-possession efficiencies were highest whenever Mo was teamed with Injections teammate Gordon Hayward. Floor-spreading will be less of a problem on this roster, with more reliable sharpshooters in Beal, Webster, and Hayward and post players that don't clog the paint but can create extended possessions with their rebounding.

Despite an 11-13 start in Utah and struggling in his first games back from the thumb injury, the Jazz went 9-3 in the final month, and it’s reasonable to suggest the Jazz might not have had to fight in its last game for the final playoff spot had they benefited from a full season of Mo Williams bringing up the ball and available when offensive plays break down.

Once he settles into his role, Mo will prove to be a useful veteran presence behind the Injections’ Kemba Walker, and a reliable ballhandling substitute in the event of injuries.

LETHAL INJECTIONS 2K13

PG – Kemba Walker/Mo Williams

SG – Bradley Beal/Martell Webster

SF – Gordon Hayward/Andrei Kirilenko

PF – LaMarcus Aldridge/Tristan Thompson

C – DeMarcus Cousins/Emeka Okafor

Head Coach: Kevin McHale

The magnanimous coachx has been PM’d.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

Legenday band and great song. I always tied that song to your user name.

I saw them for their 30 year anniverary (sometime around 1996) with Fog Hat and Blue Oyster Cult at Chastain Park. The smoke was thick that night to say the least. It felt like you where the 60's with Chastain allowing you to bring in coolers (and whatever else you wanted to bring). Of course that was in another life, in another dimension. Now I'm in another world and married to a prosecutor.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With pick 198 of the 2013 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Pusher's "Birds of a Feather" selects the Atlanta Hawks own:

ELTON BRAND, F/C

Posted Image

My obligatory Hawks pick and a position of need. In my system, the 34 year old will be used the same as Danny Ferry and the Hawks plan on using him. At this point in his career, he favors the center position and the number guys still have him as one of the most efficient post players in the league. Has a nice mid-range game and a great rebounder on both ends of the floor. 2-way player that can play two positions thus giving me flexibility to sub him in next to Lopez. 7.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.3 bpg, and a PER of 15.19 in 21 mpg off of the bench for the Mavs last season. Had W/S totals of 3.4, with 2.2 being defensive and 1.2 being offensive.

With pick 199 in this incredible Summer Dynasty draft of 2013 brought to you by Hawksquawk - the number 1 place to squawk about the Hawks - I, the Pusherman, selects another Toronto crowd favorite:

VINCE CARTER, G/F

Posted Image

Vince isn't the same Vince that the NBA fell in love with back in '99, but at 36 years old, the man can still ball with the best of them. In his later years, he has lost some of his athleticism, but he has evolved his game into a guy that plays defense and can hit the three ball. Good jump shooter too. He will be a great player in an off the bench role or possible starter over DeRozan. In his second year in Dallas playing primarly SF, Vince posted yearly averages of 13.4 ppg, 2.4 apg, 4.1 rpg, and a PER of 17.8 in 25 mpg. Had a total W/S 6.0, with 4.0 being offensive an 2.0 being defensive.

With these two picks, I am looking to add veteran depth behind my young starting group. With Amar'e, Elton, and Vince, I feel that I have done this, even knowing this group maybe has 2 seasons left to be together. Also, these guys give Coach Thibs extra flexibility since all three can play multiple positions.

HC - Tom Thibodeau

C - Brook Lopez

PF - Derrick Favors

SF - Rudy Gay

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Ricky Rubio

PG - Kyle Lowry

F/C - Amar'e Stoudemire

S/PF - Wilson Chandler

G/F - Corey Brewer

F/C - Elton Brand

G/F - Vince Carter