• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

With the 209th pick the Amazing Alex's select. Alan Anderson from Michigan State university. Less importantly he plays for the Toronto Raptors. My plan to fill my team with guys I like and not necessarily have all world skills starts now. He did average 10 PPG last season, so he isn't a scrub.

Posted Image

• Like 1

• Moderators

The U-Niques want some 3&D talent to add to the roster. This is a blooming young man who stepped in and up for the Grizzlies last season, shooting 39.5% from 3pt range and providing stifling defense on both 2's and 3's. In the playoffs, he was the best player on the floor against the deservedly lauded San Antonio Spurs, he averaged 14.8 ppg and shot 48% from 3pt range. We expect he will displace Tayshaun Prince as the starting SF, but even if Prince retains that role our man will get an increasingly large share of the minutes. He will bring energy, impact defense, and deadly perimeter shooting to emphasize our inside/outside floor space. We considered a couple of other wings with range but it was his defense that set him apart.

The U-Niques select:

Quincy Pondexter

Posted Image

Plus, he has shown an impressive ability to step up his game as his role with the team increases:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22327257/grizzlies-quincy-pondexter-gets-a-date-with-miss-tennessee-via-twitter

Posted Image

He got game. Welcome aboard!

PG: Jose Calderon / Brandon Jennings

SG: Dwyane Wade / John Jenkins

SF: Luol Deng / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Quincy Pondexter (backup at both SG/SF)

PF: Kevin Garnett / Enes Kanter / Anthony Bennett

C: Dwight Howard / Jonas Valanciunas

AtlHawk3 has been pm'd

• Like 2

With the next pick in the 2013 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects............ SHAWN MARION

Shawn Marion is still putting in the work in the NBA. IMO, Shawn Marion is the best rebounding Small Forward in NBA history. This past season Shawn Marion put up averages of 12.1 ppg 7.8 rpg and 2.4 apg. He's not a flashy player, but he is an efficient and effective one. Welcome to the Attack, Shawn!

Posted Image

Posted Image

ATLANTA ATTACK CURRENT ROSTER:

PG: Russell Westbrook/Nate Robinson

SG: Manu Ginobili/J.R. Smith

SF: Evan Turner/Thaddeus Young/Shawn Marion
PF: Tim Duncan/Pau Gasol
C: David Lee/Chris "The Birdman" Andersen

HEAD COACH: Frank Vogel

Diesel has been PM'd.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 2

Most here know my love for a great front line; and that comes from the days of watching teams like Boston, Houston, and our Hawks play back in the 70s and 80s. I have always thought a great front line can offset a great player; and also overcome any shortcomings a team may have in their back court. With that being said the Flocking Buzzards select SF Chase Budinger.

Chase's career per 36 numbers translate to:

15.0 PPG, 5.5 RPG, and a .541 True Shooting percentage. Chase is easily one of the better young shooting SF's in the NBA. We are confident he will be back to full strength by the start of the season and look forward to his continued improvement.

KB has been PM'd

PS: Mr Shabazz Mohammad you may want to look at SG as a profession. If your eyes are on SF, you have your work cut of for you Posted Image

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

The KB21 Bombers select Mike Scott from the Atlanta Hawks.

Yeah, the guy doesn't even have a guaranteed contract at this point, but I think this is a player who is poised to play a big role for the Hawks this year. He's a hybrid forward who can stretch the floor, score efficiently, and his rebounding numbers from college suggest that he will be an above average rebounder at whatever position he ends up playing.

jy23 has been pm'd.

I'm going with my main man MARK JACKSON!!!! He proved himself last year and I think he's only going to get better as he goes Chink has been pmd

• Premium Member

The Atlanta GanstaSlappas Select:

Jason Thompson

In Thompson, we get a credible 4/5 who will get some minutes on a Kings team. Thompson is probably the best Post up guy in Sacramento and will be called on either for spot minutes or to play many minutes if Cousins get out of hand.

Buzzard has been pmd

Edited by Diesel

The Atlanta GanstaSlappas Select:

Jason Thompson

In Thompson, we get a credible 4/5 who will get some minutes on a Kings team. Thompson is probably the best Post up guy in Sacramento and will be called on either for spot minutes or to play many minutes if Cousins get out of hand.

Buzzard has been pmd

Dammit!!! wait? I thought I was up next? what did I miss?

• Moderators

Dammit!!! wait? I thought I was up next? what did I miss?

Diesel has been on the clock since the weekend.Can someone pm jy23 if he has picked someone already taken? If so, he is on the clock still.

Mark Jackson the coach has been picked.

Budinger was the other guy I was considering. Too many Minny has no wing D articles from the Minny press.

If you account for key injuries to Budinger, Love, a slow recovery for Rubio, and a very weak defending center in Pek; blaming Minny's defensive woes on one player is pretty harsh. And is one of the reasons I think Budinger flies so far under the radar.

When you look at the hype surrounding young wings like Harrison Barnes and Gordon Hayward; taking Budinger this late is a no brainer IMO. He scores just as well or better and his rebounding is very under rated. As far as Minny having no wng defense; I think a more accurate statement for last years team is they had no defense at all.

There is no doubt in my mind that Budinger coupled with good to great defensive players like Gasol, Conley, Henson, Millsap etc is a solid setup for him. At the end of the day, no one drafted Barnes, Hayward, or Budinger for their all world defense Posted Image

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

Buzzard - The articles on Budinger were forward looking - ie, for 13-14 Minny's perimeter shooting will be much better with Bud back but Minny is going to suffer with no defenders. I had Pondexter and Budinger as my top two guys for a little while so I have zero problem with the pick. Good value, IMO. Just was noting he was on my radar and my rationale. I liked the 3D a bit better but I took a few minutes of final chewing before pulling the trigger.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1