• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

• Moderators

Hey I'm not the one giving up the names of elite coaching talent in a round where coaching is at a premium!

In fairness for that, I'll accept a bar on drafting that super coach with my next pick. But if he is still on the board in the 14th round...

• Premium Member

With the next pick in the Draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas select:

Jameer Nelson

We start whee we finish. The PG position. We're happy to bring in Nelson who just had a 15/7 season while playing with the Kids. He rounds out our PG position and gives us the flexibility to go Small if we want.

ATLHawks3 has been pm'd.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

With the next pick in the Draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas select:

Jameer Nelson

We start whee we finish. The PG position. We're happy to bring in Nelson who just had a 15/7 season while playing with the Kids. He rounds out our PG position and gives us the flexibility to go Small if we want.

ATLHawks3 has been pm'd.

Damn. I forgot all about him! Great pick Diesel.

With the next pick in th 2013 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, The Atlanta Attack selects................SHANE "MR. FLOP" BATTIER

Shane Battier probably has the highest BBIQ in all of the NBA. He's a very good defender, he is a team player, he takes charges, and he even.... (flops) does anything to help his team secure a championship. I also selected him because of his 3 point shooting prowess, though I could've gone in another direction to find a better shooter, but I like the fact that he can hit 3's over 40% and D his man up (pause). Shane fits perfectly into the team, Frank Vogel and I envisioned, and I cannot wait for what my team will do this upcoming season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6k0pfA6ogY

ATLANTA ATTACK FINAL/CURRENT ROSTER:

PG: Russell Westbrook/Nate Robinson

SG: Manu Ginobili/J.R. Smith/Shane Battier

SF: Evan Turner/Thaddeus Young/Shawn Marion

PF: Tim Duncan/Pau Gasol

C: David Lee/Chris "The Birdman" Andersen

HEAD COACH: Frank Vogel

• Like 1

• Moderators

Before the final rush of coaches hit, the U-Niques are going to swing in and take the man with the most championships in NBA history. He wanted to coach Dwight Howard last year (and lord knows he would have done a better job than *********) but ownership egos got in the way. Now he will get that chance.

With its 13th round pick, the U-Niques select:

Phil Jackson

With a career .704 winning % and 11 rings as a coach, the Zen Master will carry the credibility and know-how to push this group to its full potential.

Posted Image

Plus, he is an international man of mystery so he has that going for him:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coach: Phil Jackson

PG: Jose Calderon / Brandon Jennings

SG: Dwyane Wade / John Jenkins

SF: Luol Deng / Michael Kidd-Gilchrist / Quincy Pondexter (backup at both SG/SF)

PF: Kevin Garnett / Enes Kanter / Anthony Bennett

C: Dwight Howard / Jonas Valanciunas

Alex has been pm'd

• Like 1

Battier pick is a really good pick!

Phil Jackson pick disappoints me as I had a plan in place that is now foiled. Posted Image

I like Marion and Battier, the new versions of Grant Hill ( He retired so I can mention him).

• Like 1

With the next selection in the draft the Amazing Alex's (name pending) choose Alexey Shved.

This was Shved's reaction when he found out where he was going to be playing next season. Either way he is a decent ball handler and has proven he can score in this league. And as a third option can run the point guard position with no worries.

Posted Image

Mace has been pm'd.

• Like 3

Staying young but beefing up my frontcourt some, the Modus Caserandi select Jared Sullinger, 6'9" 270lbs F/C from

The

Ohio State

Posted Image

With beanpoles Sanders and Davis in my rotation I needed a post banger who will muscle for rebounds and get me the tough points in the post. Who better than Jared? Making a special exception for him not having a knee injury by giving him a back injury waiver.

With the 226th pick, in the 2013 HawkSquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, The Dolfan Dynasty selects:

Jamaal Franklin, SG - 6'5' 191 lbs

Posted Image

June 26 Update: Franklin is one of the most versatile wings in the draft. He led his team in points, rebounds, assists and steals this season while playing, at times, at the 1, 2, 3 and 4. He's a great athlete, a dogged defender and plays with great intensity. His jumper has been shaky, but so was Kawhi Leonard's.
Quick fact: At 6-foot-5, Franklin was fourth in the nation with 7.8 defensive rebounds per game, rebounding 26.2 percent of opponents' misses while on the court.

I had Jamaal Franklin ranked No. 20 on my Big Board. He is one of the most versatile guards in the country. An ankle injury hurt his ability to work out, but there's no excuse for why he slid this far. He's got a chance to be Tony Allen 2.0 for the Grizzlies. - ESPN Draft Analysis

Man are we excited to get this kid! I was so sure that KB was going to steal him from me with one of his last 2 picks but I'm very thankful that he didn't! He isn't all that great of an outside shooter but he's working on his game. But he plays as hard as anyone, he rebounds extremely well for his position, and he's got All-NBA level potential on the defensive end. Now he gets the chance to learn how to play defense behind both Kawhi Leonard and Tony Allen and that's going to make him truly realize his potential.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7hyO_5Hf2M

Current Team

PG - Derrick Rose / Darren Collison / CJ McCollum
SG - Kawhi Leonard / Tony Allen / Jamaal Franklin
SF - Paul Pierce / Danny Granger
PF - David West / Kelly Olynyk / Nerlens Noel
C - Andre Drummond / Kelly Olynyk / Andrew Bynum

The Tickle Posted Image Fighting Alejandra's will be PM'd

Here I was thinking we had to select coaches that are currently in the NBA... Nice pick though.

I think if you claim voodoo powers; section 6, paragraph 66 of the rules allows you to bring Red Auerbach back to life. Posted Image

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

With pick 227, The Fighting Alejandro's select "Mr. Big Shot" Chauncey Billups

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0yA7X_msKao

I'm honestly surprised he was still available. One of the handful of guys in the NBA able to consistently take and make shots in clutch situations, a willing passer throughout the game, a great mentor for the younger guys on my team, on top of all that he's a proven winner. A great value pick for this late in the draft in my opinion.

The Fighting Alejandro's

PG- Tony Parker, Jerryd Bayless, Chauncey Billups

SG- Jeremy Lamb, Nick Young

SF- Harrison Barnes, Jeff Green, Austin Daye

PF- Al Horford, Earl Clark

C- DeAndre Jordan, Kendrick Perkins

Coach- Mark Jackson

JBH will be notified.

Edited by alejandro09