• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

So is there anyway we can get Dwight now?

GameTime

Yes, there is a chance because Dwight isn't going back to the Lakers. It's between us, Mavs, and Rockets. Clips still a long shot. Gotta see how interested he is in playing with Monta. Next plan is to just be patient.

Thanks PSH for the logic. I was borderline panicking a hour ago. Dwight is the main prize anyway IMO.

I wonder if we can attain Rondo-Iggy-Dwight. That will be an elite defensive team. Need A LOT of shooters though.

No.

He's constantly been on record saying he doesn't want to play he in the first place. Paul was just a tease. Does Paul burn the clippers now that they've jumped through hoops? Doubt it. Who knows, stranger things have happened. Coaches were flying left and right the year of the decision. This is a interesting dynamic. Doc is good in any hood.

• Premium Member

We offer Howard the max and if he isnt interested we move on. I dont want to beg a player who doesnt want to play for the Hawks. I would expect us to work out a sign and trade for Josh Smith and aquire a few players in the last year of there contarct and build for the future.

Thanks PSH for the logic. I was borderline panicking a hour ago. Dwight is the main prize anyway IMO.

I wonder if we can attain Rondo-Iggy-Dwight. That will be an elite defensive team. Need A LOT of shooters though.

Word out here in Denver, Nuggets are going to do everything possible to retain Iggy. They really like him out here.

I would be a dream to have Rondo in a hawks jersey. I have to admit I was hoping that when the rumors of the KG to Clippers deal was breaking down and needed a third team to get involved, It would be us. But I can't ever recall the hawks being involved in a blockbuster trade. Matter of fact, all the hawks "big deals" have come from left field wouldn't you agree? Like oh they took that?

Okayden

• Moderators

Same here. All year it's been Dwight Dwight Dwight... CP3 didn't start getting talked about as a possibility until a couple months ago. Fact is Dwight wants to get back to winning and having fun. If we show that we are committed to him, he'll give us a strong look. He might be seriously interested in playing with Rondo, Iggy, and Monta. Would be the best defensive team in the league hands down. Won't happen because that's $57 mil in starters. Better would to forget about Rondo and keep Teague or forget about Iggy. I'd rather keep Teague because Rondo would cost us Horford. Also, Iggy has been talking with Denver and they are "close to 100%" confident he'll resign with them. Big 3 with D12/Horf/Rondo does look good though...

Yes, there is a chance because Dwight isn't going back to the Lakers. It's between us, Mavs, and Rockets. Clips still a long shot. Gotta see how interested he is in playing with Monta. Next plan is to just be patient.

What makes you so sure that Dwight won't resign with the Lakers?

Howard is either going to Houston or he's staying in LA. Dude has never wanted to come here. We simply aren't a desirable destination to him.

Edited by Zone

• Moderators

What makes you so sure that Dwight won't resign with the Lakers?

It's a very slim chance... He has acknowledged that he is unclear of where the team will be in a few years. He understands that the guys around him are older. Plus, I've read articles about him hanging out with Parsons and Harden while no one in LA has said a word to him. He wants to win now, not go through last season again. He'll be in Houston (60%), Atlanta (20%), Dallas (5%), or LA (15%). And yes, I believe him leaving for Atlanta is a bigger chance than him staying in LA.

It's a very slim chance... He has acknowledged that he is unclear of where the team will be in a few years. He understands that the guys around him are older. Plus, I've read articles about him hanging out with Parsons and Harden while no one in LA has said a word to him. He wants to win now, not go through last season again. He'll be in Houston (60%), Atlanta (20%), Dallas (5%), or LA (15%). And yes, I believe him leaving for Atlanta is a bigger chance than him staying in LA.

Just because he's unclear of the Laker's future doesn't mean he's going to walk away from all that extra money and "fame" (which we all know he loves). I understand that the Lakers future is a little murky right now, but they'll almost always find ways to compete.

Houston has some work to do to sign Dwight, just because Parsons and Harden think they're all buddy-buddy all of a sudden with Dwight from texting and hanging out doesn't mean he's a lock to play for the Rockets.

What makes Dallas an attractive situation for Dwight? Their future is even worse off than the Lakers, IMO. They have a rapidly declining Dirk, then what? Sure, Cuban has no problem spending money to try to improve his team, but that doesn't always work out.

Dwight loves being in the spotlight and LA will always have that to offer.

Edited by WakaFlocka