• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could it be Iggy, D12 and Smoove? link..

Brotha2ThaNite

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/12/dwight-howard-wants-andre-iguodala-monta-ellis-or-josh-smith-in-orlando/This is an old link but just covering all bases lol.Dwight Howard in Orlando wanted either Smoove or Iguodala to play with? Well now he could have both. :-)

Only if all three will take cuts. D12 alone can command 20 million.

Even if there was a SnT with Al? Not saying that is what I would like... just asking

No way I'm choosing Josh over Al. God that team would be awful at scoring from outside of the paint. But yes we could overpay for Josh and Iggy if we traded Al.

What if we forgo Iggy and just sign Smoove and DH?

DH ©

Horf (PF/C)

Smoove (PF/SF)

That's a pretty good front court. Smoove would basically be our 6th man playing limited minutes at SF and mainly coming off the bench to play PF in relief of Horf and when Horf is at center.

That would also be a good defensive set against LeBron and Melo.

Edited by ATLSmith

What if we forgo Iggy and just sign Smoove and DH?

DH ©

Horf (PF/C)

Smoove (PF/SF)

That's a pretty good front court. Smoove would basically be our 6th man playing limited minutes at SF and mainly coming off the bench to play PF in relief of Horf and when Horf is at center.

That would also be a good defensive set against LeBron and Melo.

That team would be the worst FT shooting and outside shooting team in the league. Sure they'd rebound and block shots but teams would pack the paint and Josh would be out there jacking up 3's.

No way we save that much. You must be talking about the money the Hawks would used to sign AI,Josh and DH12?

He's saying if we traded Horford for either Iggy or Dwight in a SnT that we would save Al's $12 million salary and he's right. Dwight or Iggy new salary - $12 we are currently playing Horford = difference towards our team salary. Basically that Dwight would end up costing us $8 million more than we are currently committed to paying as a team right now, but we wouldn't have Al anymore.

That team would be the worst FT shooting and outside shooting team in the league. Sure they'd rebound and block shots but teams would pack the paint and Josh would be out there jacking up 3's.

Not that I'm in support of this plan, but shooting threes is not Josh's biggest issue. His biggest issue are all the long 2 point shots he shoots. I'm fine with him shooting three point shots in the flow of the game. What he needs to cut out are the mid range shots. That's his least efficient shot.

His problem is not three point shots. His problem are long two point shots.

• Like 1

With the changes in Boston, Rondo may be available. As they should have a new fresh face, Trade Horford and Teague for Rondo and Jordan Crawford. Fill the void with Jefferson as a ....PF. Al Jefferson is not the best defender as a center but should defend at least as well as a PF. Al is very active and scores as well as any PF in the league if featured. He definitely scores better than Horford and may be had at 10mil per. With that give Dwight the moon, stars(dat be Tyler Perry stuff and JD) and a SF. Hawks have said they will go into the LT. Being as it may, sign Josh or Iggy also. In short, I'd move Horford for Rondo knowing I can get Jefferson.

Rondo

Lou

Iggy

Jefferson

Dwight

With the changes in Boston, Rondo may be available. As they should have a new fresh face, Trade Horford and Teague for Rondo and Jordan Crawford. Fill the void with Jefferson as a ....PF. Al Jefferson is not the best defender as a center but should defend at least as well as a PF. Al is very active and scores as well as any PF in the league if featured. He definitely scores better than Horford and may be had at 10mil per. With that give Dwight the moon, stars(dat be Tyler Perry stuff and JD) and a SF. Hawks have said they will go into the LT. Being as it may, sign Josh or Iggy also. In short, I'd move Horford for Rondo knowing I can get Jefferson.

Rondo

Lou

Iggy

Jefferson

Dwight

Posted Image

• Like 2

• Moderators

C - D12PF - HorfSF - SmooveSG - IggyPG - JeffreyNot a bad team (elite defensively actually), but WAY too expensive. 4 out of the 5 would want to be paid $10 mil+.If we are to make a Big 3 from 2013/14 FA crop, we need to do it for south of $40 mil. We have Horford at $12 mil, so that leaves $28 mil for two guys. Howard at $17 mil and one other at $11 mil. Then the other ~$20 mil of cap on the other two starters and bench. With that noted, it's Iggy, Smoove, OR Ellis, not and. My vote would be for Iggy because we need a wing player, although I believe D12 would be more inclined to sign if Ellis or Smoove were here and Danny jump to resign the familiar guy in Atlanta. Then keep Lou and Jenkins, use the MLE on Korver or player x, sign our draft picks, and bring back Ivan/Zaza/Scott on minimum/cheap deals. If this is the roster that Danny would like, we can expect our draft picks to be shooters and a center.C - D12PF - HorfordSF - Iggy or SmooveSG - KorverPG - TeagueG - Lou WillSG - JenkinsC - ZazaPF - IvanF - ScottPG - Mack or drafted PG (Larkin, Schröder, or Wolters)Drafted SF (Glen Rice, Jr., Tim Hardaway, Jr., or Ledo)Drafted C (Plumlee, Withey, or Dieng)I'm also assuming that Danny is interested in Denver's 27th pick. Of course if we keep our second rounders, we'll likely end up with Mack on the roster over a drafted PG. All in all, I believe that is a really good roster that stays right at the cap.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing... That would be the worst free throw shooting team in NBA history. Four out of those 5 starts shot below 70% last year at the free throw line... Close games will not end well for that line up.

Iggy: 57.4%

Al: 64.4%

Dwight: 49.2%

Josh: 51.7%

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

One thing... That would be the worst free throw shooting team in NBA history. Four out of those 5 starts shot below 70% last year at the free throw line... Close games will not end well for that line up.

Iggy: 57.4%

Al: 64.4%

Dwight: 49.2%

Josh: 51.7%

Even with a lead, with such bad free throw shooting - no lead would be safe.

Even with a lead, with such bad free throw shooting - no lead would be safe.

Josh, Al and Iggy all used to be so so free throw shooters. In the 71-80% range. Now all three are terrible at it.

Josh was never great at it, but it seems like more of a problem than it used to be.

Edited by Hotlanta1981