• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Clippers / Celtics / Doc / Paul Mega Thread: Please post in here, all others will be DELETED

So they can no longer trade for KG. So basically CP3 gonna resign with the Clippers because of a new coach? Its the same roster from last season.

Doc isnt that good of a coach. CP3 have fun second round exit for the next 3 years

So can we stop talking about Dwight and CP3 as hawks? CP3 is almost definitely staying in LA I'd say. No way Dwight comes here w/out CP3.

I'm grateful that this was taken care of already and hopefully in the next few days we will know 100% so we can start thinking realistically (finally) about the future of our team.

• Moderators

So can we stop talking about Dwight and CP3 as hawks? CP3 is almost definitely staying in LA I'd say. No way Dwight comes here w/out CP3.

I'm grateful that this was taken care of already and hopefully in the next few days we will know 100% so we can start thinking realistically (finally) about the future of our team.

...and we can continue the Dwight and Monta as Hawk talk!

• Moderators

The future is this: There are no championships. Just years of building. Where is Tim Duncan... Where is LeBron.. Where is Dirk (maybe Sergey Karasev lol). I am putting all my chips on Danny Ferry... please Danny & Bud.. get us out of 1st round hell Posted ImagePosted Image

I feel sick to my stomach. Doc, our beloved son screwed us in 2008 by taking us out in 7 games and now he goes to clippers and screws us from getting Paul. Stern is such a piece of $hit. I can't explain how much I hate that rat bastard.

Hate to say this, but I told you so. This trade just confirms how corrupt the NBA is. One summer was the drama of the Big Three. The following year a superstar like Dwight says he wants to be a Laker, he gets a trade to his destination of choice. This year your already seeing it. Paul wanted Del Negro gone and Rivers in. A few weeks later Rivers is the coach. It's crazy how these things can occur in a professional sports organization. These types of deal would be tough in most other leagues.

The NBA wants to Clippers to grow. They did not want to see the Hawks sign CP3 and Dwight. Our best chance now is at a washed up Al Jefferson.

• Premium Member

I feel sick to my stomach. Doc, our beloved son screwed us in 2008 by taking us out in 7 games and now he goes to clippers and screws us from getting Paul. Stern is such a piece of $hit. I can't explain how much I hate that rat bastard.

I don't blame Doc or Stern. Paul simply doesn't want to come here and it's hard to blame him after what Billy Knight did.

• Premium Member

I truly loathe the Celtics for doing this. We just got screwed out of a real chance of signing CP3 and bringing Howard with him as well.

Now for the hard part that I hope Ferry understands: time to tank. Save our cap space for real superstars and not second round at best playoff teams. I'd rather be in the lottery looking for a superstar than having a treadmill playoff team.

I truly loathe the Celtics for doing this. We just got screwed out of a real chance of signing CP3 and bringing Howard with him as well.

Now for the hard part that I hope Ferry understands: time to tank. Save our cap space for real superstars and not second round at best playoff teams. I'd rather be in the lottery looking for a superstar than having a treadmill playoff team.

There was never a real chance the Hawks would get either player. Neither one of them has expressed interest in joining Atlanta. Clearly CP3 wanted to stay in LA since he was a major influence in trading for Rivers. Plain and simple.

If there is any chance of us screwing the celtics in the future I would love that. Screw Boston, god I hope they suffer like the cubs for the next 100 years

It was going to take something drastic for cp3 to leave the clippers. Cp3 was leaning towards resigning but he didnt want to say anything until the clippers made some moves and it worked. He got the coach he wanted. No way sterling was going to pay doc rivers 7 mil a year if cp3 was already committed long term.

the same thing happened last year with deron williams which is a reason billy king was willing to take joe johnson off of us.

1. A brand new 1st time head coach and 2nd year GM are not going to tank a team, especially not one with what 6-7 straight trips to the playoffs?

2. A team built around Horford, Teague and Lou plus vet min contracts and some talented rookies are going to be too good to tank.

3. I also hate Danny Ainge for making this move but I'm not ready to write off CP3 just yet.

Yep I tend to agree with that as well. That's why we need to help Houston out by taking Thomas Robinson or help Dallas out by buying their 13th pick for cash, and a future pick if necessary. I almost think I'd rather take this approach and build up the team with as many possible good assets as possible vs putting all of our eggs into the signing superstars basket. Sure I'd rather have CP3 and D12 but I don't want to be left at the table and then look back and realize we passed up a chance to poach some good assets from those teams desperate for Dwight.

My thoughts exactly,get some asserts back like Robinson and picks. I would also add possibly attempting a S&T with Josh Smith to Boston if he's willing to go there to play with Rondo. Get Pierce back maybe then trade him at next years deadline for picks. Boston is looking to move Pierce so maybe use that to our advantage.

PG - Teague ( 4 yrs - 28 million . . player option year 3, team option year 4 ) . . . flat 7 mill per year

G - Jenkins

F - Iggy ( 4 yrs - 44 million . . player option year 3 ) . . start at around 12.5 million, descending in value yearly

PF - Horford

C - Jefferson ( 4 yrs - 52 million . . . player option year 4 ) . . start at a little over 11 million, ascending yearly

G - Williams

Re-sign Ivan

Pick up Scott option

Pick up Mack option

Sign Dalembert ( 1 yr - Full MLE . . once we sign an existing player ( Teague, Ivan, etc ) to put us over the Salary Cap

Sign Barnes ( 2 yrs - 5 million . . team option yr 2 )

2 first round picks ( draft a wing shooter with one of the picks, preferably Muhammad or Hardaway Jr. )

Let's roll.

Edited by northcyde