• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Clippers / Celtics / Doc / Paul Mega Thread: Please post in here, all others will be DELETED

PG - Teague ( 4 yrs - 28 million . . player option year 3, team option year 4 ) . . . flat 7 mill per year

G - Jenkins

F - Iggy ( 4 yrs - 44 million . . player option year 3 ) . . start at around 12.5 million, descending in value yearly

PF - Horford

C - Jefferson ( 4 yrs - 52 million . . . player option year 4 ) . . start at a little over 11 million, ascending yearly

G - Williams

Re-sign Ivan

Pick up Scott option

Pick up Mack option

Sign Dalembert ( 1 yr - Full MLE . . once we sign an existing player ( Teague, Ivan, etc ) to put us over the Salary Cap

Sign Barnes ( 2 yrs - 5 million . . team option yr 2 )

2 first round picks ( draft a wing shooter with one of the picks, preferably Muhammad or Hardaway Jr. )

Let's roll.

to another 1st/2nd round exit for the next 4 years? no thanks.

• Like 1

PG - Teague ( 4 yrs - 28 million . . player option year 3, team option year 4 ) . . . flat 7 mill per year

G - Jenkins

F - Iggy ( 4 yrs - 44 million . . player option year 3 ) . . start at around 12.5 million, descending in value yearly

PF - Horford

C - Jefferson ( 4 yrs - 52 million . . . player option year 4 ) . . start at a little over 11 million, ascending yearly

G - Williams

Re-sign Ivan

Pick up Scott option

Pick up Mack option

Sign Dalembert ( 1 yr - Full MLE . . once we sign an existing player ( Teague, Ivan, etc ) to put us over the Salary Cap

2 first round picks ( draft a wing shooter with one of the picks, preferably Muhammad or Hardaway Jr. )

Let's roll.

That's a one and done team. Not attractive at all. We need to tank and take people's contracts and cut them for draft picks.

G - Jenkins

PF - Horford

G - Williams

Re-sign Ivan

Pick up Scott option

Pick up Mack option

Let's roll.

Math:

Teague - 7 mill

Jenkins - 1.3 mill

Iggy - 12.5 mill

Horford - 12 mill

Jefferson - 11.1 mill

Lou - 5.2 mill

Ivan - 1.8 mill

Scott - 0.8 mill

Mack - 0.9 mill

Dalembert - 5.2 mill

Barnes - 2.5 mill

1st round - 1.4 mill

1st round - 1.3 mill

Total payroll: around 63 mill for 13 players

It's either that, and hope the team gels enough to become a top 10 offensive and defensive team . . . or end up like the Sacramento Kings.

You pick.

That's not realistic. No rim protector, no cap to sign them to the contracts you listed, and no true center. At best a 1st round exit squad.

The best thing to do after CP3/Dwight is Dwight and whoever we wants to play with like Ellis or whoever. We need to get a PG in the draft. Teague is too expensive and not good enough but too good for a rebuilt.

• Premium Member

G - Jenkins

PF - Horford

G - Williams

Re-sign Ivan

Pick up Scott option

Pick up Mack option

Let's roll.

No interest in this also not interested in bringing back Teague. Not impressed and he's had the chance to do something. He's not worth the contract it will take to bring him back.

Why exactly are those the only 2 options?

Because the NBA is fixed. At least that's what people believe.

So if it's fixed, how are we going to get a top lottery pick in a year in which there might be 2 Hall of Fame players in that draft?

@ Leadership . . . You don't need a rim protector to be good defensively in this league ( even though I got you one in Dalembert . . 2.5 BLKS per 36 minutes . . tied 10th in the NBA . . and better than Josh Smith last year ).

@ Sothron . . . so who is running the point then? Ellis? Mack? Jennings? Larkin? Who is your point guard?

That's not realistic. No rim protector, no cap to sign them to the contracts you listed, and no true center. At best a 1st round exit squad.

The best thing to do after CP3/Dwight is Dwight and whoever we wants to play with like Ellis or whoever. We need to get a PG in the draft. Teague is too expensive and not good enough but too good for a rebuilt.

We can sign every single one of those contracts. It simply depends when we sign each player and in what order. If we wait to re-sign one of our own players to put us over the salary cap, we can then use the MLE on Dalembert.

Dwight hasn't said one time that he'd like to come here and play. Not one. So I never believed for one second that we had a shot at him. If you want to run with the Ellis - Dwight duo, and how he'd like to play with him in Atlanta, go right ahead.

It's time this fan base starts looking at realistic options. Either grab some people who will help us be better than what we were last year, or sell off Al Horford, be the Kings, and hope and pray that God bestows a miracle upon us by giving us the #1 pick and Wiggins on a silver platter.

Getting Jefferson means we are set for mediocrity for a few years.

If we don't get him, we might not even be mediocre. We'll be "the lowly Hawks". Remember those days? I used to hate how ESPN would always describe us as "the lowly Hawks."

You guys may want to go back to that, but I don't. I'd rather take a chance to see if Jefferson and Horford could become one of the best frontlines in the league, seeing that both guys are entering their prime years as players.

We can sign every single one of those contracts. It simply depends when we sign each player and in what order. If we wait to re-sign one of our own players to put us over the salary cap, we can then use the MLE on Dalembert.

Dwight hasn't said one time that he'd like to come here and play. Not one. So I never believed for one second that we had a shot at him. If you want to run with the Ellis - Dwight duo, and how he'd like to play with him in Atlanta, go right ahead.

It's time this fan base starts looking at realistic options. Either grab some people who will help us be better than what we were last year, or sell off Al Horford, be the Kings, and hope and pray that God bestows a miracle upon us by giving us the #1 pick and Wiggins on a silver platter.

I say we trade capspace for Joe Johnson and Devin Harris for Marvin Williams.

If we don't get him, we might not even be mediocre. We'll be "the lowly Hawks". Remember those days? I used to hate how ESPN would always describe us as "the lowly Hawks."

You guys may want to go back to that, but I don't. I'd rather take a chance to see if Jefferson and Horford could become one of the best frontlines in the league, seeing that both guys are entering their prime years as players.

You act as if ESPN respects us now.

• Like 2

No CP3?End of the world is near.Stock up on canned goods.Sell the kids.Get out of town fast!Oh wait... How many championships does CP3 have??As much as I don't like the above plan B, that team would have been in ECF this year. And that's a fact whether you like it or not. Not saying that's what we should do but I'm not going to let my own biases obscure my view of reality either.

• Like 1

We don't have a MLE. If we had one, Daly could still have better options. Here is the problem, when you are in the middle. No one who is worth that will choose you over contenders. That means you have to overpay to get guys like Daly, Monta, and guys like that unless they are willing to take less to play with a particular player which means we are no longer in the middle. Sucks but we been in the middle this long, we should remember how it feels.

Edited by Leadership

We do not, nor will we at any time this year, have the full MLE of $5+ million to use. I'm not sure why you continue to ignore that.

Technically we do. We have the Mid-Level Exception for Room Teams. That's the $2-$3 million dollar exception, not the $5+ million full Mid-Level Exception for non-taxpayers.

I know it is still a MLE but I usually call the room exception the room exception and call the full MLE, the MLE.

We had to overpay to sign Joe

Overpay to match Josh

Overpay to sign Marvin

Zaza and Al were the only players we got at a reasonable price. There were our FA's, if we had to sign others, we would have to overpay. Do not get mad, this is what being in the middle is all about in the NBA. It's a joke. That's why tanking is much better if the draft is expected to be good.

We don't have a MLE. If we had one, Daly could still have better options. Here is the problem, when you are in the middle. No one who is worth that will choose you over contenders. That means you have to overpay to get guys like Daly, Monta, and guys like that unless they are willing to take less to play with a particular player which means we are no longer in the middle. Sucks but we been in the middle this long, we should remember how it feels.

We have an MLE right now . . room level, which is 2.5 mill. When we go over the cap with one of our own signings, we'll have non-taxpayer exception, starting at 5.15 mill.

Like I said, it all depends on what order we sign our contracts. Any free agent that we own the Bird Rights to, we can go over the salary cap to re-sign them. Once that happens, we can use the non-taxpayer MLE to get Dalembert.

Of course Daly could still have better options, but that's what I'm offering him for one year, to be our backup center.

Any team like ours is going to have to overpay a little, just to get them to play here. It's always been like that. If it's just for one year, that's OK.

Your plan is to sell off everybody, and play Russian Roulette with the hope that you'll hit a jackpot within 5 years. Well, start by selling Al Horford right now then, because he's just not going to play at 1/2 speed, lower his potential stock when he comes up for free agency in 2 years, just for us to be bad enough to get a 10% chance at the top pick.

I know it is still a MLE but I usually call the room exception the room exception and call the full MLE, the MLE.

Usually? It's a brand new exception and there is a difference that people need to be aware of. Otherwise confusion will continue and people will think we have $5+ million to use on a player once we get to the salary cap... I know I did at one point a couple of weeks back think that was the case.