• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: KG and PP going to the Nets in a blockbuster deal?

Admin

If that roster were here in Atlanta, the entire city would be out dancing in the streets

Only really dumb fans would do that which just further indicates how moronic the average fan is. BRING BACK JOE JOHNSON!!!!!!! Good lord they are old and Miami will absolutely run them out of the building and several other teams assuming this cast of seniors actually stay healthy.. You must be one of those people who are just happy to make make the playoffs in a league where 16 teams get in. This reminds me of when the Devil Rays signed Boggs, Canseco and McGriff. Give the illusion of actually putting a team together because the fans are dumb enough to think it's a good idea. Finally getting a good rebuild in Atlanta by smart people.

Only really dumb fans would do that which just further indicates how moronic the average fan is. BRING BACK JOE JOHNSON!!!!!!! Good lord they are old and Miami will absolutely run them out of the building and several other teams assuming this cast of seniors actually stay healthy.. You must be one of those people who are just happy to make make the playoffs in a league where 16 teams get in. This reminds me of when the Devil Rays signed Boggs, Canseco and McGriff. Give the illusion of actually putting a team together because the fans are dumb enough to think it's a good idea. Finally getting a good rebuild in Atlanta by smart people.

Dude, there is no one in the league who would rather take our situation, and not trade it for the Nets situation . . . if they could afford to do it. NOT A ONE.

Those "old guys" beat the hell out of us in the 2012 playoffs, despite us having better talent. Yet, you think the Hawks are on some type of right track by drafting 2 international players who may or may not play this season, and placing their hopes on the top free agent . . a guy who has NEVER NOT ONE TIME ever said that he wants to play in Atlanta? If the draft picks are not ready to play, and Dwight's primadonna azz doesn't want to come here, what do we do?

Fans here act like they don't want the 2nd tier of free agents, so the only other option is to tank the entire season, and hope we don't alienate Al Horford in the process . . . . ( who hasn't tweeted anything since the start of the draft )

Yeah . . . talk smack about a team whose owner and GM goes to any limit to bring a winner to their fans IMMEDIATELY . . . but think a team like us, with absolutely no buzz whatsoever about themselves, are on a better track than they are.

Once again, the entire notion that bad contracts are not tradeable is shattered by that deal. People thought that team was stuck, and couldn't possibly get any better. So they turned around and mortgaged their late 1st round picks in the future, and got rid of a bad contract in Wallace, and got 2 "old guys" who are still top 10 players at their position, championship battle tested, and future Hall of Famers.

Fans here will laugh at the Nets if they lose in the EC Semis or EC Finals to the Heat . . . while we wait on our savior in the draft after a 22 win season here in Atlanta. But hell, at least they went for it, and not give up . . like it looks like we're doing.

It's like I've been saying for months on this website, Hawk fans have NO BUSINESS talking about or criticizing anything that other franchises do, until we prove that what we're actually doing here, is a better way of doing things.

As much as I hate Paul Pierce's punk azz, I'd welcome him to Atlanta with open arms, if I could assemble the team they have in Brooklyn right now.

• Moderators

Dude, there is no one in the league who would rather take our situation, and not trade it for the Nets situation . . . if they could afford to do it. NOT A ONE.

Those "old guys" beat the hell out of us in the 2012 playoffs, despite us having better talent. Yet, you think the Hawks are on some type of right track by drafting 2 international players who may or may not play this season, and placing their hopes on the top free agent . . a guy who has NEVER NOT ONE TIME ever said that he wants to play in Atlanta? If the draft picks are not ready to play, and Dwight's primadonna azz doesn't want to come here, what do we do?

Fans here act like they don't want the 2nd tier of free agents, so the only other option is to tank the entire season, and hope we don't alienate Al Horford in the process . . . . ( who hasn't tweeted anything since the start of the draft )

Yeah . . . talk smack about a team whose owner and GM goes to any limit to bring a winner to their fans IMMEDIATELY . . . but think a team like us, with absolutely no buzz whatsoever about themselves, are on a better track than they are.

Once again, the entire notion that bad contracts are not tradeable is shattered by that deal. People thought that team was stuck, and couldn't possibly get any better. So they turned around and mortgaged their late 1st round picks in the future, and got rid of a bad contract in Wallace, and got 2 "old guys" who are still top 10 players at their position, championship battle tested, and future Hall of Famers.

Fans here will laugh at the Nets if they lose in the EC Semis or EC Finals to the Heat . . . while we wait on our savior in the draft after a 22 win season here in Atlanta. But hell, at least they went for it, and not give up . . like it looks like we're doing.

It's like I've been saying for months on this website, Hawk fans have NO BUSINESS talking about or criticizing anything that other franchises do, until we prove that what we're actually doing here, is a better way of doing things.

As much as I hate Paul Pierce's punk azz, I'd welcome him to Atlanta with open arms, if I could assemble the team they have in Brooklyn right now.

What's the difference between the Nets next year and the Celtics last year other than Lopez, who is having foot surgery again? Plus you got old-ass-punks who suddenly are not playing for Doc. I agree that they are going for it but you can't pull this kind of thing off every year and it is a move that's probably more likely to fail than succeed. If the Hawks had traded for these guys I'd be disappointed.

What's the difference between the Nets next year and the Celtics last year other than Lopez, who is having foot surgery again? Plus you got old-ass-punks who suddenly are not playing for Doc. I agree that they are going for it but you can't pull this kind of thing off every year and it is a move that's probably more likely to fail than succeed. If the Hawks had traded for these guys I'd be disappointed.

The Boston team that beat us

PG - Rondo ( for 1/2 the series )

G - Allen

F - Pierce

PF - Bass

C - Garnett

Those "old guys" were one win away from the NBA Finals that year, with Lebron and Wade playing their best ball in the 4th quarter of Game 7 that year. Then the "old guy" ( Allen ) saved Lebron's azz this year. And the only reason why Boston didn't make more noise this year, was because of the Rondo injury.

Brooklyn next year

PG - Deron

G - JJ

F - Pierce

PF - Garnett

C - Lopez

And when the so-called weakest player in that lineup can do this . . .

. . . that's a pretty damn good lineup.

Unless Jason Kidd is completely incompetent as a coach, the Nets are going to have a special season next year. And they still may not beat the Heat, because Lebron is just that special himself.

But at least they're going for it. And fans of teams who aren't going for it shouldn't talk crap about teams that are.

God bless them. They are the only team in the league that can afford to keep Joe where he belongs, as a $21 million 5th option. He's gone from #1 to #3 to #5 in just two years, who knows what he'll be next year, a $23 million 6th man perhaps? I just want to know what the spin will be next year when they once again fizzle out in the playoffs but hey "they going for it!"

......Let's just forget the reasons why Doc felt he could no longer win with that core or how we just saw a HOF mix-match core just fail in LA, your Brooklyn Nets are the 2014 NBA paper champions!

• Like 2

• Moderators

The Boston team that beat us

PG - Rondo ( for 1/2 the series )

G - Allen

F - Pierce

PF - Bass

C - Garnett

Those "old guys" were one win away from the NBA Finals that year, with Lebron and Wade playing their best ball in the 4th quarter of Game 7 that year. Then the "old guy" ( Allen ) saved Lebron's azz this year. And the only reason why Boston didn't make more noise this year, was because of the Rondo injury.

Brooklyn next year

PG - Deron

G - JJ

F - Pierce

PF - Garnett

C - Lopez

And when the so-called weakest player in that lineup can do this . . .

. . . that's a pretty damn good lineup.

Unless Jason Kidd is completely incompetent as a coach, the Nets are going to have a special season next year. And they still may not beat the Heat, because Lebron is just that special himself.

But at least they're going for it. And fans of teams who aren't going for it shouldn't talk crap about teams that are.

I'm not really following why fans of other teams can't talk crap. We aren't the ones deciding what the Hawks do.

Boston just totally blew up a team that was a good or better than this nets team. Now you've got fading stars with huge egos being coached by a guy who's never coached anything and is one of their peers. I know i'm not allowed to talk crap but this is a recipe for disaster. Sure that Celtics 5 years ago were awesome but they haven't been that awesome in the last two years and have been getting worse. Ray Allen bailed on them, Ainge bailed on them, Doc bailed on them and now the Nets have hooked their gold plated wagon to them.

That Big Dumb Russian will do anything. I'll be surprised if they make it out the First Round. Too many egos, only one ball. Don't Joe and Paul do the same thing at the same size? Garnett will surely clash with the country club style of Williams, Johnson, and Lopez. And where's the backup PG? It's gonna be fun watching their ups and downs this year, mostly downs if based on the expectations that the silly media will place on this team. As long as King and Prokorov are running things, I'll never worry about the Nets making any real noise.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I'm not really following why fans of other teams can't talk crap. We aren't the ones deciding what the Hawks do.

Boston just totally blew up a team that was a good or better than this nets team. Now you've got fading stars with huge egos being coached by a guy who's never coached anything and is one of their peers. I know i'm not allowed to talk crap but this is a recipe for disaster. Sure that Celtics 5 years ago were awesome but they haven't been that awesome in the last two years and have been getting worse. Ray Allen bailed on them, Ainge bailed on them, Doc bailed on them and now the Nets have hooked their gold plated wagon to them.

They were just in the EC Finals in 2012, playing a Game 7. The Boston meltdown literally happened in one season, and not because their skills as basketball players went into decline.

The problems in Boston was almost solely because of Rondo ( attitude wise and losing his contribution on the court ).

What the Nets did, is have a "heart transplant". They took out the heart of the Nets ( Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans ), and replaced it with the heart of the Celtics ( Garnett and Pierce )

And now word is that they'll even get to keep Reggie Evans. Wow.

LOL . . but Hawk fans want to talk crap about what they're doing, while we're stashing young players overseas, and wait until they're ready to play in the NBA. Speaking of which, somebody call Cenk Akyol and see if he's ready to be a Hawk yet.

• Moderators

They were just in the EC Finals in 2012, playing a Game 7. The Boston meltdown literally happened in one season, and not because their skills as basketball players went into decline.

The problems in Boston was almost solely because of Rondo ( attitude wise and losing his contribution on the court ).

What the Nets did, is have a "heart transplant". They took out the heart of the Nets ( Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans ), and replaced it with the heart of the Celtics ( Garnett and Pierce )

And now word is that they'll even get to keep Reggie Evans. Wow.

LOL . . but Hawk fans want to talk crap about what they're doing, while we're stashing young players overseas, and wait until they're ready to play in the NBA. Speaking of which, somebody call Cenk Akyol and see if he's ready to be a Hawk yet.

I agree with your sentiment. I'd rather go for it than be a bottom dweller but I just disagree that this is smart for them. 2012 they beat the sixers in 7 and beat the a very hobbled hawks team. They didn't exactly run through the best of the nba to get to the ecf but they did play the Heat tough i'll give you that. Still I think Pierce and Garnett are living on borrowed time and Joe and Deron have been nothing but inconsistent for several years. Maybe they can turn it on for the playoffs but i don't know.

• 2 weeks later...