• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we strike out in Free agency do we move AL?

Wurider05

Rebuilding will take too long without Al. We need Dennis and Bebe to develop fast. You can't do that without Al who we are building the team around. I hope there is a way we can land a top 5 pick mainly top 3 and draft Jabari Parker. He seems to be the perfect fit for what we need.

what do you think happens if we strike out in free agency? We will go into full rebuild mode or do we try to salvage something with him. I don't follow college b-ball much but I keep hearing about next years draft.

What? Who in the hell rebuilds by trading a young Allstar when they have cap flexibility? Can you explain to me your thought process as a NBA general manager in taking that route..?

• Moderators

We have too small of a roster and too much cap space to be in a rebuild. Danny will reload and we will compete next season. Tanking doesn't attract free agents. Gotta stay competitive if we want those guys here.And no, you do not trade Al because he still has two deals left in him and has been a great player for us. It really pisses me off how Chicken Little everyone gets on HS when something happens... Some of ya'll been Hawks fans for far too long. IFWTSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

We have too small of a roster and too much cap space to be in a rebuild. Danny will reload and we will compete next season. Tanking doesn't attract free agents. Gotta stay competitive if we want those guys here.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Competing hasn't made us attractive to free agents either. We are still in the same predicament whether we compete or not.

• Like 1

What? Who in the hell rebuilds by trading a young Allstar when they have cap flexibility? Can you explain to me your thought process as a NBA general manager in taking that route..?

The biggest culture change is that of our fans man...alot of people keep saying build through the draft as if that is the key...If we ever want to attract quality free agents we have to think like Winners...reload..we made the playoffs for the last 4 or so years why in the hell would we want to go back to the lottery. Once we strike out with D12 then we can focus of maybe Tyreke Evans who is 23years old, and a Big Man (Pekovic), thereafter supplement the roster with another good shooter and perimeter defender.

If the Hawks can get to the 3rd or 4th seed and continue to grab great talent from the International arena and make good trades then we will contend in the next 2 to 3years....No Way should we trade Horford...

Keep Al he is an all star on a nice contract.

-Sign Bynum with team options

-resign teague reasonable contract

-play all the draft picks THIS YEAR

-try to Snt Josh for picks

let the chips fall where they may. End up in the lottery, Picks get year of NBA under the belt

• Premium Member

Competing hasn't made us attractive to free agents either. We are still in the same predicament whether we compete or not.

We have been winning and making the playoffs for many years. For most of the 30 years that I've watched the Hawks...and it has done what exactly for our reputation with free agents? Nobody gives a damn what you did last year, last month, or last week. They're not going to look at us and say, "WOW! What a winning attitude those guys have! Where do I sign!?"

They are going to do what they always do... They're going to evaluate the talent level that we have and decide on whether or not that talent is enough to help them get a championship. This is not a good selling point for us and never has been. Not only that, but if we start adding these guys to keep the "competitive spirit" we will not have the money to sign the attractive free agents anyway.

Secondly, they are going to look at management to gauge their commitment to winning going forward - in that, they will also judge what management has done in the past. It's not very appealing. Our best hope of acquiring the kind of talent that takes a team forward is either...

a) Look for a Joe Johnson type of player looking to prove himself and OVERPAY him based on potential.

b) Look for our own talent in the draft.

I sincerely hope that I don't have to sit through another "win without losing" retool, but either way...I'm just about ready to put this conversation on the shelf. I'll say it once more for the record, should we fail to land the marquee free agent(s) this summer, our best bet is to rebuild - stockpile picks, young talent, and let them play.