Bud and Smoove

Jody23

• Moderators

I would be completely okay if Josh came back with Dwight. It's been the plan all along. To make the best frontcourt in the NBA:

C - D12

PF - Horf

SF - Smoove

Best defensive frontcourt in the league and those that want to criticize it for being a bad FT tandem, tell me a center in the league that IS good at shooting free throws. Even the great LeBron sucks at shooting FT's. The key to making this work is to have shooters. Maybe re-up Korver and sign Captain Jack to vet min. We need shooters because Josh isn't going to do much for floor spacing. Al has to be respected and so does Jenkins and Lou, but Josh doesn't.

C - D12

PF - Horf

SF - Smoove

SG - Korver

PG - Teague

G - Lou

PG - Schröder

SG - Jenkins

SF - Jackson

PF - Scott

C - Bebe

C - Muscala

Vet Min

Vet Min

Vet Min

• Like 1

• Moderators

And I am salivating at the thought of watching this game twice a year:

HC - Budenholzer

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Horford

SF - Josh Smith

SG - Kyle Korver

PG - Jeff Teague

vs.

HC - Kidd

C - Brook Lopez

PF - Kevin Garnett

SF - Paul Pierce

SG - Joe Johnson

PG - Deron WIlliams

We win at center, small forward, and coaching, Nets win at shooting guard and point guard, while power forward is a push. Would be VERY interesting to watch. Also, with Dwight, we match up with the Heat well. We are easily the 4th best team in the league behind OKC, BKN, and MIA.

not happy with jbrick returning at all. He needs a scenario change.

I hate to beat this dead horse again, but maybe that scenario change is Coach Bud. Smoove has yet to have a respected coach to play for. I could see Coach Bud being a revelation for Smoove.

• Like 2

I like the idea of that if there is a coach to control josh's poor shooting it wud b a bud type coach. 5.D124.Al3.Josh2.Korver1.TeagueAwesome front court, we would control the glass, probably lead the league in blocks, and most importantly with that line up who would dare double team them. I mean if D12 in havin a monster game n they double him a quick pass or a few quick passes will lead to an easy 2 or a korver open 3

The josh thing is really tough for me. If Dwight wasn't in the picture, I'd obviously not want him back. I already kind of blocked him out of my mind when we were dreaming of the unlikely Paul/Dwight addition. But would I keep Josh if it meant Dwight was coming here? It's still a tough question but I'd have to say yes. If Josh can really really cut back his threes and play more like a Thad Young type of guy at the 3 I'd be okay with it. I'm sure we are going to have rotations that have him playing the 4 anyways.A lot of our success has been when we went big. Josh has always shifted down to 3 in those situations. We went big with Collins, Zaza and Petro. Going big with Dwight is a completely different thing.We need a guy like Dwight and if it takes Josh we gotta do it. If Josh is part of the plan and has been talking to coach Bud, that will be a huge part of our "presentation" tomorrow.

So... The article says Dwight's decision will affect Smoove's. I'm wondering how much the two have talked and where they wanna play together. At this point I say we have to keep Smoove if it's the only way Dwight will come here. Then ship Horford to the Celtics for Rondo... Unless we can keep Horford somehow. I really wouldn't mind a team featuring Dwight/Rondo/Smoove... We'd finally have some star power.

I will as well; him and/or Iggy at this point.

Though if Josh is moving permanently to the 3 he might need to lose a little weight (5-10 pounds or so); so he can be better prepared to guard SF's on a nightly basis.

Please stop saying Iggy...We dont need no parts of him

Edited by wolvetigers

So... The article says Dwight's decision will affect Smoove's. I'm wondering how much the two have talked and where they wanna play together. At this point I say we have to keep Smoove if it's the only way Dwight will come here. Then ship Horford to the Celtics for Rondo... Unless we can keep Horford somehow. I really wouldn't mind a team featuring Dwight/Rondo/Smoove... We'd finally have some star power.

Ship our best player for a player who just tore his ACL...when we just drafted an International player who by all accounts plays like Rondo but without the headache.......You must be a Heat Fan....

• Like 1

Ship our best player for a player who just tore his ACL...when we just drafted an International player who by all accounts plays like Rondo but without the headache.......You must be a Heat Fan....

True but we don't know how good Dennis is going to be just yet. I like him but I'm not sure he is ready just yet. We will see.

Please stop saying Iggy...We dont need no parts of him

Iggy would have been a good pick up 3 years ago. It feels like I saw this fairly often given that we have picked up Tmac, Stackhouse and those guys when they were no long in their prime.

He would have been a good pick up ____ years ago.