• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumor: If Hawks can't get Dwight they want a sign-n-trade with Houston

GameTime

• Moderators

We S&T Josh to Houston to get some type of asset for the future but mostly to be able to laugh as teams sag their PF off of Josh to cut off the passing lanes and space inside while Josh is left open shooting jumpers. Call it a poison pill.

I like the idea of getting Asik unless we are in full tanking mode. Asik-Horf-Iggy-Lou-Teague can do damage in East.

Like what type of damage. That's a 1st round exit team. We aren't beating Brooklyn, Miami, Indy, Chicago w/ Rose or NYK with at squad.

• Premium Member

The only way I'd help Houston out is by getting a third team involved and we get all the draft picks. I'd rather tank like a mofo if we lose out on Dwight than desperately grab free agent "ok" guys just to make another playoff treadmill team. HELL NO to treadmill teams. Either Dwight or TANK!

• Like 1

• Moderators

tank for who? there are no Saviors in the horizon

The 2014 draft is one of the best in years in terms of potential franchise players - led by Andrew Wiggins who is an absolute stud as a prospect.

Edited by AHawks89

Like what type of damage. That's a 1st round exit team. We aren't beating Brooklyn, Miami, Indy, Chicago w/ Rose or NYK with at squad.

Don't get me wrong, I also prefer tanking but I am not sure our FO can risk that.

• Like 1

Spoken by people who spend no money on the Hawks. Why am I going the spend the thousands I spend on clubs seats to see a team tank? And when has that strategy actually worked?

I already said I will not be spending my money on a deliberate 'tank' job. I go to games to be entertained and there is no worse feeling that leaving the arena after a loss. Why will I go to a game where it is more likely than not we will lose? I want to know that we at least have a shot at winning the game.

Don't get me wrong, I also prefer tanking but I am not sure our FO can risk that.

Personally - I'm afraid we will get out-tanked. It's easy to say "tank" - but when you are in a tank battle with Boston and Philly and probably a few more - you better make sure your powder is wet Posted Image .

I could see us bringing in a couple of VetMins whose agents finally get through to them that if they want to stay in the league they are gonna have to hustle for loose balls and play defense Plus AL is a virtual anti-tank weapon. If we are planning on going in that direction the last thing we needs to do is bring in a couple over-achievers.

Even if we tank there's still a chance we'll be on the outside looking in. There's at least 6-7 teams right now that are positioning just to tank

Schröder

Jenkins

Cunningham

Horf

Bebe is one of the worst teams in the NBA.