• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumor: If Hawks can't get Dwight they want a sign-n-trade with Houston

GameTime

Schröder

Jenkins

Cunningham

Horf

Bebe is one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Hell Yes! I am sue as hell going to sign up for league pass to watch that team play. How bout you Atl citizens, are ya'll lining up to get season tickets as this is being posted?

Hell Yes! I am sue as hell going to sign up for league pass to watch that team play. How bout you Atl citizens, are ya'll lining up to get season tickets as this is being posted?

Who cares about that. If we get one of those franchise players like Parker, we will be getting LP every year and happily.

Let's try to consolidate the tank debate on the tanking thread. I'll bring it back to the top of the board to save a lot of repetition on multiple threads.

What happen to the tank thread anyway?

Who cares about that. If we get one of those franchise players like Parker, we will be getting LP every year and happily.

What happen to the tank thread anyway?

You really don't get it do you? Losing teams are looked at as losers, locally, regionally, and nationally. That team you posted would be so bad, the ASG would not have to sell it. The commish would take it away from them on the grounds of complete ineptitude.

You really don't get it do you? Losing teams are looked at as losers, locally, regionally, and nationally. That team you posted would be so bad, the ASG would not have to sell it. The commish would take it away from them on the grounds of complete ineptitude.

What do you think the Hawks are looked at as? Most of the nation think we suck bro.

• Premium Member

What do you think the Hawks are looked at as? Most of the nation think we suck bro.

Exactly. We have nothing to lose because all our treadmill playoff teams got us what national apathy at best and anger at worst for some of the most horrible playoff series in NBA history.

We need superstars. I don't care how we get them as long as we get them.

I live in Cincinnati, I can tell you they are very smart basketball fans. We have these three college teams, Xavier, Cincinnati, Ohio State, that are followed religiously. Most basketball fans here think the world of Josh Smith and Al Horford; and the few Cavilier fans that are down here would love to have either of them on their team.

Job one, win our own division. That means get good enough to beat a aging DWade and weak defending Bosh. If we do better than that, I am all for it. But job one has to happen no matter what before we go anywhere.

Your plan sucks so bad, the commish would be 100% correct in taking the Hawks away from you. Period, end of debate.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

the Clippers tried that for 30 years and finally got some recognition when they Traded for CP3. Charlotte at one time were even with us. Then we got JJ and became a playoff team while Charlotte still stinks. Same for Washington and Toronto and Milwaukee

The Clippers? Any front office being run by MJ? They were models of incompetence.

If you are incompetent, you won't succeed whether you try to build through the draft, free agency or anything else. Remember the Knicks of Isiah Thomas? High payrolls. Does that mean high payrolls are doomed to failure? No. It means incompetency isn't saved by throwing money at a problem. Incompetency inevitably leads to failure regardless of your approach.

Some people have no ambition.

Some people will never get it. I know some Cavs fans who would love our players. I do too but they want their superstars with our players. They don't want our team. They just don't get it. Ferry is much smarter than some of our fans Hots.

Some people will never get it. I know some Cavs fans who would love our players. I do too but they want their superstars with our players. They don't want our team. They just don't get it. Ferry is much smarter than some of our fans Hots.

I know Leader, you are a genius just like Ferry. Lets see if his plan B is as inadequate as yours should we not get D12. I got good money says his plan B is nothing like yours. But keep dreaming about how smart you are, just like Danny!

• Moderators

To everyone:

Knock off the comments about how other posters aren't smart. Just make your point, present your arguments for it, and let either time or the logic of your argument carry the day. You are never going to persuade people by telling them how dumb they are. Focus on the issue and not on the poster.

• Like 1

To everyone:

Knock off the comments about how other posters aren't smart. Just make your point, present your arguments for it, and let either time or the logic of your argument carry the day. You are never going to persuade people by telling them how dumb they are. Focus on the issue and not on the poster.

I agree and will refrain. Leader has went that way a few times ( he is smart, ferry is smart like him, the rest of us are average joes at best ) and I engaged in it. Dumb me lol, I will try not to let it happen again.

Tanking means you are essentially out of the basketball business for 3-5 years. Then when you finally get good your drafted star leaves because he's tired of losing and playing in front of empty seats. College basketball no longer produces ready made stars. You have to build through free agency. Unlike what Ferry believes, in Atl you have to win the press conference.

Tanking means you are essentially out of the basketball business for 3-5 years. Then when you finally get good your drafted star leaves because he's tired of losing and playing in front of empty seats. College basketball no longer produces ready made stars. You have to build through free agency. Unlike what Ferry believes, in Atl you have to win the press conference.

I kind of agree JB...but even the TV/Radio "pundits" now say that being in the middle is the worst place to be in the NBA. If the Hawks/ATL aren't a coveted destination for top free agents - what choice does one have but to build through the draft...and to do that you pretty much HAVE to get at least one star-level guy. It looks to me like the 2014 draft is made to order for that.

Personally I see no shame in doing what you have to do to compete with teams who have what I see as an unfair advantage in the first place. Andrew Wiggins (and maybe a couple other guys in the 2014 draft) could turn around basketball in the ATL and if we can keep it going for a change (via good management) - we could be looking at a very bright future.

I mean lets be fair on the "tanking issue"...we tanked before - and it very well could/should have worked out great....we just picked quack-quack instead of CP3.

• Moderators

A lot of teams disagree with this, including the Celtics who manned their last championship roster through years of lottery picks and who are now boldly swinging for Wiggins while giving a wink to the fan base as they claim they are trading Garnett and Pierce to help them win next season. Tanking with pride?

Philly did an excellent first step of their tanking job by getting Noel (out for a chunk of the season) and a 2014 lottery pick from NO to join with their own inevitable high lottery pick next year.

They won't need a sign and trade with us - nor do they want it. They (Houston) can make a few moves to sign Smoove to as good (or better) of a contract he would have gotten from us anyways.

Houston is not in a battle with us for Smoove (because I don't think DF wants Bud to have to deal with him)....but they are in a battle with other teams.

Edited by DJlaysitup