• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy Hawks Independence Day!

lethalweapon3

As I started my Tuesday off on the wrong foot my morning was truly one for the annals of complete suckdom...

And then I read this and all is right again with the world...The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming and 7-2 will always be the most wonderful day ever! Hawks Independence day...Now you know!

Thank-you lw3...Let's hope for some other incredibly good tweets here in the near future!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I cannot recall what I was doing that day, but that could be because of the celebration I had that night for the events.

A common declaration heard all around Trillville package stores that evening: "Sorry, we're all out of Rumple Minze!"

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

One extra surprise that afternoon that got lost in all the excitement over the trades.

~lw3

I cannot recall what I was doing that day, but that could be because of the celebration I had that night for the events.

You don't remember? You were at work. I remember because you posted this picture.

Posted Image

All I remember is I was driving not sure where I was headed - All I can remember is I was grinning so hard my jaws hurt.

There's a women can't drive joke in here somewhere. Come on brain, think....

• Like 2

When I heard, and read the news, I was indifferent. Maybe even sad, in a way. Though we didn't do anything significant with Joe, he changed everything for us. 5 time-all star... whatever. You guys know. It was a great move for us moving forward, but when I heard it, I wasn't throwing my hands in the air. I knew we're starting over. Marvin, don't feel sorry for him cause he's set for life, but way too high expectations, and didn't pan out. It happens. Another good move by DF.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It was truly one of the best days in Atlanta Hawks history. When my TeamStream app gave me the notification, I had a mini celebration and couldn't login into Hawksquawk fast enough. I was in Memphis that day, at the Saab dealer with my brother to get his radio reactivated. Then we got into the car and drove off. Not a minute later as we were driving to Firehouse Subs, my phone bleeps and tells me we traded duck butt for Devin Harris. I was elated. The first thought I had when the news of Joe's trade came through was: "Thank God we don't have to wait another three years to dump his sorry ass contract! Viva los Hawks!" That's the day when I began to believe in Ferry and the Atlanta Hawks again.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

It was truly one of the best days in Atlanta Hawks history. When my TeamStream app gave me the notification, I had a mini celebration and couldn't login into Hawksquawk fast enough. I was in Memphis that day, at the Saab dealer with my brother to get his radio reactivated. Then we got into the car and drove off. Not a minute later as we were driving to Firehouse Subs, my phone bleeps and tells me we traded duck butt for Devin Harris. I was elated. The first thought I had when the news of Joe's trade came through was: "Thank God we don't have to wait another three years to dump his sorry ass contract! Viva los Hawks!" That's the day when I began to believe in Ferry and the Atlanta Hawks again.

The biggest thing I took from your reply was that they still apparently make Saab's. I haven't seen one of those since the early 90's.

• Moderators

The biggest thing I took from your reply was that they still apparently make Saab's. I haven't seen one of those since the early 90's.

lol, that's what I tell my bro all the time. They actually went out of business for like 3-4 years, but they are back now making cars again... Oh and they are everywhere here in Tupelo...

• Like 1

lol, that's what I tell my bro all the time. They actually went out of business for like 3-4 years, but they are back now making cars again... Oh and they are everywhere here in Tupelo...

Haha! I would think you'd want to drive a truck on the unpaved 2 lane highways of Mississippi :)

I joke of course but I'll never forget the many memorable stops at the combination gas station / grocery store / bait shop / barber shop along I-10 traveling back and forth between Texas and North Carolina when I was stationed there. I'd never seen anything like it in my life.

• Like 1