• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith talk

Final_quest

If free agent center Dwight Howard ultimately decides to sign with the Houston Rockets, he may not be the only big-name free agent heading that way.

According to two people with knowledge of the situation, the Rockets' Monday meeting with free agent forward Josh Smith in Los Angeles included a discussion about a possible partnership with him and his childhood friend from Atlanta in Howard.

If this happens Houston will have to trade some of its assets for Josh. May be our best move at this point so we don't *** up high and dry.

• Premium Member

Surprised there is not more talk about this guy. He could either walk without us getting any compensation, or we could get Asik and a pick. I'm hoping we get something in return. First round pick and Asik sounds acceptable to me, but what other rumors are out there? How likely is it that we will get assets in return?

To me Dwight is long gone, Josh could net us something of value.

Listening to 92.9... Finally some Hawks talk!!!

Ok, so back to Josh.

[*]Can't go to Boston anymore because they don't have capspace... but a SNT was not considered.

[*]Detroit = Strong offer but why? They have Drummond and Monroe...

[*]Houston = Has Smoove as BU Plan. But SNT is not out of the question.

[*]I don't know if Ferry really wants him back?

I haven't given up on Dwight yet. But Jim on 92.9 is making me think I should.

If Josh really wants to go to Houston via SnT and Ferry isnt interest in Asik he can flip him to a 3rd team no?

Edited by JayBirdHawk