• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Warriors trying to clear cap space to sign D12 outright

Admin

Idea-No clue if it would work, dont really feel like thinking out the money lol

Atlanta, Cleveland, GS

Atlanta sends Josh Smith to GS , 2nd rounder to GS, receives Clevelands 1st next year, Richard Jefferson,

Cleveland gets Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Sends 2nd rounder to GS, 1st to Atlanta

GS sends Bogut, Jefferson, Barnes, receives 2 second round picks/cap space

Basically we dont get anything but a large contract and a 1st. But it could be a high first...

Edit: Bogut and Jefferson wouldnt be enough for Dwight and Josh. Biedrins would have to be in there as well.....EW.

Edited by Afro

Boy! People are really stretching what they think may happen because no one has a clue what Dwight is going to do right now.

Dwight to Golden State is a pipe dream. There is no way they will be able to convince someone to take on the contracts they need to get rid of to sign Dwight outright.

Regardless of what the media leads you to believe, the Hawks have just as much of a chance to land Dwight Howard than anyone, and to be quite honest, if Dwight really wants to play with Josh Smith, we are the only team that can make that happen without help.

Boy! People are really stretching what they think may happen because no one has a clue what Dwight is going to do right now.

Dwight to Golden State is a pipe dream. There is no way they will be able to convince someone to take on the contracts they need to get rid of to sign Dwight outright.

Regardless of what the media leads you to believe, the Hawks have just as much of a chance to land Dwight Howard than anyone, and to be quite honest, if Dwight really wants to play with Josh Smith, we are the only team that can make that happen without help.

And can keep a decent team around him. Houston can get him but it will take more than just Asik I would think to make the salaries work. Dallas cant fit Howard/Josh. LA cant. GS cant.

We can offer him Smith and possibly Rondo. I really wish we could just get Dwight to come here straight up....Too bad we cant.

If Dwight goes to GS. He should be booed very badly everytime he steps in the Highlight Factory

I dont get why GS is just know trying to get rid of these ridiculous contracts. If it was at all possible, why wouldnt you try to dump them long before now? Answer is....Nobody will take your garbage. Maybe now they feel Klay/Barnes is worth Dwight.

Josh already put down the idea of playing for Golden State. Doesn't want to be there, so he more than likely would deny a SnT to GS.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup and that's very recent too of josh putting them down!

If Howard is not coming to here, I would like to have Bogut and Barnes. Bogut has shown in the playoffs that he can still be an inside presence. I prefer him over Bynum any day. Barnes is very good also. It is not happening though.

Damn I feel it coming lakers are going to do a sign and trade with the warriors and send Howard there for Barnes or ThompsonUsually I'm very faithful but the warriors have a huge chance at making this happen and happen quick! I mean LA I'm sure don't want to lose Dwight for nothing and he might just want curry to be there but then again maybe there are no worries because he doesn't seem to only want to play with harden so its hard to tell....at the end of the day Howard's choices are the following.....ATL-horford and smith and possibly iggyGS- curry and Barnes or Thompson HOU- harden and parsons Defensively and on rebounds ATL is the best....offensively GS is the best in my opinion but HOU is good too but both if these teams defensively are horrible.The choice is Howard's. hopefully he remembers that defense wins championships and rebounds/second chance points are one of the most important stats for a championship team....horford and smith can really help him rebound the ball at those crucial times.

• Moderators

Damn I feel it coming lakers are going to do a sign and trade with the warriors and send Howard there for Barnes or ThompsonUsually I'm very faithful but the warriors have a huge chance at making this happen and happen quick! I mean LA I'm sure don't want to lose Dwight for nothing and he might just want curry to be there but then again maybe there are no worries because he doesn't seem to only want to play with harden so its hard to tell....

LA said during the Clippers fiasco that they are either wanting to resign Howard or move forward to the 2014 offseason when they would only have $7 mil in salaries and have a shot at a high 1st round draft pick. I really, really doubt that LAL would want to help form another great team in their own division. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9451262/los-angeles-lakers-bracing-worst-dwight-howard-sources-say

Sound like the Lakers are not very confident right now.

Here is the Hawks part in the article.

Sources say the Hawks, meanwhile, have not been outright told they are out of contention, but they are the only one of the five teams to be granted face-to-face sitdowns with Howard this week that has begun to move on to other free-agent business as opposed to holding out hope that Howard remains gettable.

Edited by Braves

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9451262/los-angeles-lakers-bracing-worst-dwight-howard-sources-say

Sources say the Hawks, meanwhile, have not been outright told they are out of contention, but they are the only one of the five teams to be granted face-to-face sitdowns with Howard this week that has begun to move on to other free-agent business as opposed to holding out hope that Howard remains gettable.

One of the Hawksquawk insiders on here said that the meeting didnt go well at all so no surprise here that they already looking somewhere else.

• Moderators

Come on ESPN, we signed Korver and he barely put a dent in our vast amount of cap, but if LAL is throwing in the white flag, then we need to as well. Time to try and snag Iguodala and a center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on ESPN, we signed Korver and he barely put a dent in our vast amount of cap, but if LAL is throwing in the white flag, then we need to as well. Time to try and snag Iguodala and a center.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you (and I do) consider Korver to be overpaid, this is such bs.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Guest Walter

This could work out extremely well for Atlanta if Dwight decides he wants to play in Golden State. I'd gladly take any of those 3 expiring contracts if it came with a 1st round pick and a young player.... especially if it were Harrison Barnes or Klay Thompson, both of which are probably unlikely, but you never know.

THIS is how I would prefer to use the cap space but it is the ANTI-korver version of how to use Cap space. I simply do not understand how one can think that we are so at the start of a rebuild that we need to take on (short but) awful contracts but so close to finishing it that we need to sign our sharp- shooter so badly?!? We are willing to get a 32 yr old now at $6 mil per over 4 yrs to be ready for when those future gs draft picks develop. Whatever happened to having that cap space available for two (future) stars or using it to acquire draft capital for the future while waiting for a star? Korver accomplishes neither and impedes both.Korver isn't going to help a team with Richard Jefferson and a 2014 pick win now. It seems like a tale of two rebuilds to me.Mind you signing korver to that overpriced, over-long deal isn't the end of the world, it just doesn't makes sense UNLESS we sign Howard (which seems unlikely and is not consistent with helping other teams position themselves to sign Dwight Howard). So to those who love the korver signing and want to take on bad contracts with picks attached, please explain to me how these contradictory (not complimentary) methods of 32 yr old final pieces and future draft capital at the expense of taking on bad contracts will ever play together much less compete together. Is the James young or whomever going to be ready by korver's 37th birthday? If not is Richard Jefferson and Kyle korver your answer? Help me understand the tale of two rebuilds?W