• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

*2013* Update: Hawks have agreed to deal with Paul Millsap

Admin

Been sayin it for years. Al Horford is better at center than he is at pf. You people are blind. Just because you LOOK like a pf doesn't make it your best position. Can he play some pf? Sure he can. But he's not too shabby at center either. Hell he made a couple of allstar teams at center(East was weak I know, but still) with a knucklehead playin pf next to him. lol. I just think a lot of you people are setting yourself up for dissappointment if the Hawks somehow try to make him a fulltime pf. Which I doubt they will. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 2

You can tell a lot of young'uns are lurking around these boards. They think you should have a team full of Jordans, Birds, Magic's, Dr.J's Lebron's and Kobe's. lol. Doesn't work like that. This aint NBA 2K. Let DF do his damn job.

Edited by terrell

Sorry but Milsap isn't a great player. Many here like him for various reasons and are ok with this signing, but if the goal is a title or atleast a title run then i hope there are some much better moves on the horizon.If this is an Ivan upgrade then I'm fine with it.

LOL, "an Ivan upgrade." Millsap is A JOSH UPGRADE.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Millsap will need to pick up his rebounding but should be an upgrade on Josh. A minor one. We need a Homerun if we expect to improve our W/L results meaningfully. Korver and Millsap are good players signed to non-discount contracts but don't move the needle. Offseason isn't over so I'll be hoping for more if this is the road we are taking.

• Moderators

I'll come around on the signing eventually.

Millsap was someone I wanted in the 1st round (for the Sixers, I was on my 12-step plan of shedding my fandom at the time) back when he was drafted, and have been a fan watching his development into peripheral All-Star talent ever since. I just never saw him as a fit HERE.

But the "problem" of playing him on the floor alongside Al is a pretty darn good "problem" to have, especially with the short-term contract he's signing. Two stretch-fours at the forward spots, or Sap and Horf at the 4 and 5 occasionally when the matchups are right. At the 3 spot, we can sub/shift Paul by bringing in sniper shooting with Kyle or energy-guy play with Carroll.

I'd just like to see how the center situation shakes out to maximize Al's flexibility (i.e., getting him the lion's share of those minutes at the 4), and there's no need for the Hawks to rush just to get me an answer.

~lw3

• 1 year later...

bump.

Lotta silly people up in here. Even being disappointed we didn't make the bigger 3 happen I was still really happy we got Sap. I never expected his 3pt game to expand like it has but I've always loved this guy.

You should go read the lunacy threads from when we re-signed Korver.

Or when we drafted Scott and Schröder.

People need to listen to The Don more often.

• Like 1