• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague Frustrated

Jody23

I think Jeff's feeling the Restricted Free Agent squeeze. Ferry has no choice but to play some hard ball with him. Teague is probably worth 8-9 a year, but Ferry has no reason to rush offer it. None of these other teams are going to give him a 10+ contract, so anything in 8-9 range I assume we just match. But that offer isn't fast coming because there aren't that many teams that need a PG right now. Detroit/Milwaukee to name a couple, but I don't know how much Cap they have. And keep in mind Jennings is still running around too.So unless Teague is so upset at delay that he chooses to sign the QO and play at 6, I bet Ferry eventually gives hims an offer in the 8-9 range.

• Like 1

So unless Teague is so upset at delay that he chooses to sign the QO and play at 6, I bet Ferry eventually gives hims an offer in the 8-9 range.

If I was Teague and Ferry low balled me, I would take the QO see what I could get next season.

Good news for the Hawks that there is not much of a market for Teague......no need to pay him over market value.Hopefully Atlanta can get him on a really good deal.......as long Cuban doesn't get involved.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Good news for the Hawks that is not much of a market for Teague......no need to pay him over market value.Hopefully Atlanta can get him on a really good deal.

I'm surprised that Milwaukee is sitting on their hands.

I think Jeff's feeling the Restricted Free Agent squeeze. Ferry has no choice but to play some hard ball with him. Teague is probably worth 8-9 a year, but Ferry has no reason to rush offer it. None of these other teams are going to give him a 10+ contract, so anything in 8-9 range I assume we just match. But that offer isn't fast coming because there aren't that many teams that need a PG right now. Detroit/Milwaukee to name a couple, but I don't know how much Cap they have. And keep in mind Jennings is still running around too.So unless Teague is so upset at delay that he chooses to sign the QO and play at 6, I bet Ferry eventually gives hims an offer in the 8-9 range.

Qualifying offer is only $4.6 mill........his cap hold $6 mill though. If I were Teague I may consider. 4 year $25-$30 mill deal of guaranteed money before I roll the dice on a $4 mill 1 year qualifying offer and pray each game I don't get injured.I remember Josh Smith waiting 2 weeks for Memphis to give him an offer 5 years ago.......which we matched. Like you said........Atlanta is just being smart here. Looks like we get Teague on a very reasonable deal one way or another. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Danny is handling the situation OK. Let Teague discover what's the perception of the league about his play. The market will set his price eventually, no need to rush things. DF should tell him he's part of the plans tho, even if he isn't.

Teague has a lot to be frustrated about...he can't shoot and turns the ball over too much...sounds like he needs to get off Twitter and work on his game...looks like all the other NBA teams agree with me!

He has improved his shooting every year. Last season 36% 3FG and 45% from the field, 88% FTs.......for a Pg. Ya, dude can't shoot a lick.
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

The truth is that Teague ought not be frustrated. He's a RFA. No GM will bid against himself for a RFA with a QO out. If the sign and trade goes through and we get Lin with Asik.. then Teague will start getting offers. However, nobody wants to put a bid out there and tie up money looking for Teague when they know we will match.

So it really has nothing to do with on-court ability. It's Business.. and I hope we bring Teague back as our starter. Unless we can flip him and 2 firsts for Rondo.

• Like 1

He has improved his shooting every year. Last season 36% 3FG and 45% from the field, 88% FTs.......for a Pg..Ya, dude can't shoot a lick.

These numbers may astonish you but most of his baskets come at the rim and 36% from three is average for a starting point guard...opinions vary but Teague leaving will not set us back in the long term...I am on the fence with him...my feelings on Teague are as inconsistent as his game...

Jeff Teague's "camp" must be a random collection of RV's and tents somewhere off Lake Lanier. They probably are moping around just like Jeff does on the court on occasion.In all seriousness, they should understand this is part of the business. His time will come, whether it's negotiating with the Hawks or negotiating with another team. It's not like he is the only RFA to ever go through this.

• Like 2

The truth is that Teague ought not be frustrated. He's a RFA. No GM will bid against himself for a RFA with a QO out. If the sign and trade goes through and we get Lin with Asik.. then Teague will start getting offers. However, nobody wants to put a bid out there and tie up money looking for Teague when they know we will match.So it really has nothing to do with on-court ability. It's Business.. and I hope we bring Teague back as our starter. Unless we can flip him and 2 firsts for Rondo.

Overrating rondo if you think he is worth Teague and 2 firsts
  • Like 1

Tweet from Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo)Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) tweeted at 1:46 AM on Sat, Jul 06, 2013:ATL G Jeff Teague's camp has"growing frustation" in how his free agency has been handled with zero meaningful contract discussions, Y!source

Does he not know that Sund is gone, and there's a new sheriff in town? Ferry and Bud want their own guy running the show. Just the way it is. Good luck Jeff. Youll be ok.

• Moderators

His camp (him and Marquis lol) should just be patient. A lot of RFAs were in that holding pattern until the dominos fell with the Dwightmare. Nobody else is going to lock themselves down for 3 days with an offer, and the Hawks themselves needed to have a better grasp on their salary cap situation. When June 10 gets here and ink gets to paper for a lot of the UFAs, Jeff will get all the calls he desires, including from the Hawks.

~lw3