• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I forgot how good he was....

Brotha2ThaNite

Haha not calling you out, Dolfan, I just haven't seen that news. Been trying hard to keep up with the reports but it's been difficult for me today. Was hoping someone better informed like you could help me out...

Sorry for jumping the gun there then :)My laptop is put up for the night but I'm 100% certain that the reports are that both guys want $12 million. The Hawks may go 11 with Monta and Cleveland are willing to meet Bynums demands too on a 1 year deal.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want Bynum and those horrible knees anywhere near Philips Arena. NBA history tells me never trust a Center with knees like his. I'm not saying Bynum is a bad player but he's to injury prone for my liking. We're trying to build here in Atlanta not experiment with guys who can't even practice let alone play because his knees are always giving him problems. Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Latest update I could find from a reputable source was around 7pm Sunday night:

Also said that nothing was imminent but definitely made it sound like it's going to happen. Just gotta hope it's short on years and not as high as $12 million. C'mon Danny...

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want Bynum and those horrible knees anywhere near Philips Arena. NBA history tells me never trust a Center with knees like his. I'm not saying Bynum is a bad player but he's to injury prone for my liking. We're trying to build here in Atlanta not experiment with guys who can't even practice let alone play because his knees are always giving him problems. Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

No you aren't the only one. Many here feel the same way.
  • Like 1

Latest update I could find from a reputable source was around 7pm Sunday night:

Also said that nothing was imminent but definitely made it sound like it's going to happen. Just gotta hope it's short on years and not as high as $12 million. C'mon Danny...
Keep in kind that Ellis turned down 3 years 36 million from the Bucks so he's clearly wanting more than that or similar with more years.

If we can get a Bynum who won't buckle at the knees if the basketball happens to drill him there, I'd take a look at him. At the right price i would give him a shot...*cough cough... DALLAS!*

Edited by IllestPamfilis

Guys, this is the Josh Smith contract question all over again. It isn't what "you" will give a player. It is what just 1 team will give a player. Earlier in the year I said Josh could get as much as 16 million a year, probably about 4 years - 60 million. Very close to what he got. Everyone screamed...he isn't worth that. Josh is worth what Detroit paid. We are all worth what the highest bidder will pay.

Bynum is worth whatever the highest bidder will pay. Dolfan is 120% right here. There is no way Bynum signs here for anything close to 10 million without giving Atlanta a discount. There are 2 possible contract situations for Bynum.

1. Signs for 15+ million for 1 year (flyer deal for someone).

2. Signs for 2-4 years at 10-15 million per. (depending on a physical and probably with years 3-4 as option years).

In either case, renouncing all F/A except Teague and renouncing all non-guaranteed contracts we sit at about 19 million available unless we declare the rooks will play overseas next season which frees up a little. That would mean 9.5 million each for both players which is ludicrous compared to what Bynum can and will get in the open market.

Keep in kind that Ellis turned down 3 years 36 million from the Bucks so he's clearly wanting more than that or similar with more years.

Or possibly he doesn't like Milwaukee as a city and wants more $ to make it worth it? Edited by Hairydawgz

OK Enough already. We have a center. An all star center, if you recall.

A tiny, by all standards, starting center, but he's already ours.

Hawks drafted two centers. Since all our other centers are gone, we can

have our first round and our second round centers as our #2 & #3 centers.

They are both very young & inexperienced but, from all reports that we read

they are both underweight but otherwise legitimate centers.

Some want to spend an additional $10 - $12 million on the guy that the 76ers

had to pay all last season and he never set foot on the floor. Brilliant. We do

this and what? Release one of our drafted centers?

Bullfeathers. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We already have,

available to us and at a very reasonable price, three centers.

Yes, but. Raw. Inexperienced. So what. Give them a shot. We will never

really know what we have until they take the floor against NBA competition.

Duh! Damn, I forgot about his bone on bone knees that I heard about on the Philly sport radio. You're right! I don't want any party of that!