• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New free agent signing

Hairydawgz

To re-up on lw3, here is a quick summary of Josh's presser:

- Met with Dumars and felt comfortable from the beginning. Had a 5 hour meeting where they talked about life
- Met with the Pistons first, and didn't want to play anywhere else afterward
- Other players from around the league gave the Pistons a good word for him
- Basically says it was tough playing with a team/franchise who didn't know what it took to win rings. Wanted to play somewhere with a history of winning, having fans, etc. Says this was his first time seeing so many reporters in a room
- Expects to make the playoffs this year. Says Pistons can be a contender later on if they work hard
- Wanted to be the leader of a team
- Wants to play with Monroe, Drummond. Expects them to be a good defensive lineup.
- Wearing #6
- Dumars wanted to upgrade the overall talent, get a versatile defender and athleticism. Sounds like he expects Smith to play at least 2 positions.
- Dumars hopes this move can convince other players to come in the future

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/josh-smith-introduced-pistons-summary-press-conference-1950347/

Should we point out to Josh that the Pistons had lower attendance than the Hawks the past two season? Na, that would be too mean.

• Premium Member

Poor Josh.

His game will be minimized in Detroit. They have two big bigs.

He will translate that into they wanted a three point Gunner...

The rebirth of Midrange Shawty...

Poor Pistons!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Laugh with me as I wish Detroit Well!!

"From 13.566765 ft Josh Smith shot a league leading 100% from the field last year."

"I cant think of 1 successful 3 that shot 27% outside of the paint. but maybe we can be the first."

"Smith shot 33% from 16 feet to 3pt range and 30% from 3pt range. His 10 feet to 16 feet numbers are abysmal but that's the range he also had the fewest attempts by far."

So are they saying More shots for Smoove from range will do the trick?

Posted Image

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/josh-smith-introduced-pistons-summary-press-conference-1950347/

Should we point out to Josh that the Pistons had lower attendance than the Hawks the past two season? Na, that would be too mean.

Pistons sold out for like 7 years straight though. Anyone who thinks we have more fans than Detroit is lying.

Speaking of world class organizations, here is a link to a replay of the Josh Smith Press Conference which was at 1 today:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/multimedia/pistons-press-conference

Oh what is that? There is no video? Huh. Strange, but they are an elite championship caliber team so it must be my computer that is broke.

(note the time I posted this, eventually there will be a video. Hopefully. If not, then oh gawd Detroit is completely broke.)

• Premium Member

Pistons sold out for like 7 years straight though. Anyone who thinks we have more fans than Detroit is lying.

Pretty much. I live up in MI and most Pistons fans I talk to are just fed up with poor decision making from management. They wasted all that cap space on guys like Ben Gordon and have been slowly building through the draft. Slowly because most seem to think the only worthwhile picks have been their two bigs. Most of them hated getting KCP too..I haven't heard much excitement about Josh yet..I think it's just a wait and see type of thing. I warned them about him though, he might be their starting PG (in his mind) next year.The support up here for the teams is definitely there. If they had our Hawks team their attendance would be much better than ours. Once they start winning and making wise choices the fans will be there.Josh making those comments about a winning organization and what not kind of makes me mad. I think he is just bitter and will get over it eventually.

Im not mad at all. I knew the first chance he got to trash the organization he was going to.

He already criticized the fans in the middle of the celtic series, im sure he didnt take too fondly of the fans booing him in his last playoff game, and the whole season season he played like he didnt want to be here and at times it looked like he was purposely trying to lose games for us.

Im sure he couldnt wait to leave.

Danny giving Vivlamore the death stare with his question. Nothing new here.

Looks like someone got a screen capture of Danny during the C-Viv question.

Maybe it is more of a creep-stare than a death-stare.

I wish him the best. He gave us almost a decade of good years, and he was fun to watch. I have no hatred towards Smoove. I'll be anxious to see how he fits with the Pistons. He's going to play small forward.... and if he's supposed to be the leader and francise player, Dumars might have made another questionable move. Detroit has some young pieces, but they're still bad. Smoove is going to have the mindset that this is his team, and for what he got paid, I don't blame him. But, that's going to be the problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him being a vocal leader, and a leader on the floor, to make the Pistons relevant again. I'm glad I have league pass, because I will tune in to a few Pistons games this year just to watch him and how he handles the change and leadership....not to root against him, but I've watched the dude every game for the last 9 years....

• Moderators

"It's So Cold in The D..."

~lw3

They can start with an app. The Falcons app is amazing.

I have the Hawks app. It's pretty good.

Nevermind. Just updated it and they disabled it. Awesome...

Edited by ViperXX79

Speaking of world class organizations, here is a link to a replay of the Josh Smith Press Conference which was at 1 today:

http://www.nba.com/pistons/multimedia/pistons-press-conference

Oh what is that? There is no video? Huh. Strange, but they are an elite championship caliber team so it must be my computer that is broke.

(note the time I posted this, eventually there will be a video. Hopefully. If not, then oh gawd Detroit is completely broke.)

It is up now, Josh just mumbling there with all of his buttons buttoned (even the top one) next to Fat Joe. Maybe Josh can get him on the tilapia and conch salad diet?

PS Are tilapia even in Lake St. Claire or do you have to run down to Erie for them? A "friend" wants to know.

Well looks like there is some further video of Paul Millsap doing a one-on-one interview. Pretty sure it is Micah Hart who is doing it. Well whoever is doing it they didn't do their homework as they claimed it was the first time Paul Millsap was a free agent. Wrong, he signed an offer sheet with the Trail Blazers in July 2009. Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2013/07/10/PAULMILLSAPONEONONEmov-2536484

Now I want to know the question!

"Do you seek anyones council as far as how to come in here and get chemistry here" <-general paraphrase

Oh and here is a link to the press conference, question comes in around 4:50: http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2013/07/10/MILLSAPPRESSERmov-2536625

Hairy - not to abuse 'insider' privileges, but any insight from your contact on Teague/Jennings/Ellis?

I got this email earlier today from him before Bynum made his choice public:"The Hawks have met with Bynum and the meeting went very well. Currently, the Hawks are discussing the possibility of signing Bynum, Ellis, and/or Mo Williams. The team has looked at the possibility of a Teague, Ellis, Millsap, Horford, Bynum lineup. Also have heard possibilities of Teague, Williams, Ellis, Millsap, Horford and Williams, Ellis, Millsap, Horford, Bynum."Nothing really different from what the guys on twitter have said. With Bynums decision now final, it's kind of a moot point now anyway.