• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague doesn't want to come back?

Brotha2ThaNite

I could really care less. I would like to see something come back for Teague, but honestly he's just isn't worth that much in a return trade. Sometimes it is just better to keep the cap space to work another deal than to take on a bad player or contract.

Teague will never be an All-star caliber PG. At best he's middle of the road guy as a PG (meaning distributor, leader, and initiator of the offense and defense).

I will love to see Drew trying to make Teague "the guy" in Milwaukee.

Edited by GameTime

I will say that I get the feeling that Ferry is probably a douche that is intent on running off everybody that played here.

You did not like this team anyway. And I must admit, Josh and JJ were both eyesores their last seasons here.

“It was a perfect situation for me, being familiar with the coaching staff and talking to them on the phone. They embraced me and they wanted me. They told me that. That is something I never really heard (in Atlanta). Once somebody said they actually wanted me to be a part of their future I’m all for it.” “I really didn’t talk to them much through the process. I enjoyed my time there in Atlanta. I don’t think I really got too familiar with everybody once there was the switch in the front office. I don’t think we really built the relationship that we could have. It is what it is.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

We don't need the perception that our GM left his own guys out to dry when it came time to pay them (which is basically what he did to Smith, Teague and Zaza).

Even if the plan was to usher them out the door, there's a better way to do it than just not talking to them until they get the idea.

We have not won anything with those three so why should they get paid? Its performance based industry and the proof comes in the playoffs. Lou Williams could play point for us almost as well as Teague.

Edited by Buzzard

“It was a perfect situation for me, being familiar with the coaching staff and talking to them on the phone. They embraced me and they wanted me. They told me that. That is something I never really heard (in Atlanta). Once somebody said they actually wanted me to be a part of their future I’m all for it.” “I really didn’t talk to them much through the process. I enjoyed my time there in Atlanta. I don’t think I really got too familiar with everybody once there was the switch in the front office. I don’t think we really built the relationship that we could have. It is what it is.” Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Posted Image

• Like 1

Ferry strikes me as a very detached guy. That's a tough way to operate in the NBA when expect to get FA's and all of that.

• Like 1

There's a difference between being detached and wanting to bring your own guys in. I don't see the issue with Ferry wanting to bring in different players - besides Zaza, none of the players he's let walk have been universally loved in our fanbase. I like Teague and Josh, but I'm not crying over them moving on.

Ferry strikes me as a very detached guy. That's a tough way to operate in the NBA when expect to get FA's and all of that.

I think if we had a championship core like he had in San Antonio or with Bron in Cleveland they would get the well deserved contracts and attention.

He may think/feel he has a part of that in Horford but we are still missing quite a few pieces. I don't think he sees Josh, ZaZa, and Teague as a part of a championship core. Honesty hurts but I think it also gets respect.

Secondly, looking at what recent stars have done to their drafting/rights owning teams; being detached is probably a very good trait to have as a GM.

Edited by Buzzard

He probably is..he's doing the dirty work for the ASG and the whole WLOC thing. He came in and became the bad guy, he did what our owners or Sund couldn't do. He is probably going to put us in a better situation moving forward. He may get he same results but at least we know the whole Joe/Smith/Marvin/Teague, etc is over because we knew that wasn't going to work years ago. Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

Zaza is a hurt energy player he wasn't worth what he got. I love him but lets be honest here guys the dude hasnt been healthy for two seasons

I'll miss Zaza but you're right.He missed our last two playoffs and that is when we needed him the most. Horford showed out for the Boston series while Z didn't make an effort to play.I feel that one of the series could have been won if Zaza played..but he can't stay healthy.

Exactly it's like when the falcons let Keith brooking leave. We all love ya but you're clearly too old

Lets just hope we don't have former players flapping their wings like a Hawk on the visitors bench like Brooking did with Dallas.

Dang, sounds like dude needed a hug after all.

I want Teague to come back and all, but I don't know how you turn around from statements like that.

No to Monta. Undecided on Jennings ... MACK ATTACK IT IS!!! Schröder as back up. We got this.