• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Non hawks fans liking this offseason?

taz

That's pretty much the way I see it. Are we championship contenders this year? No, but I think we'll make the playoffs, we'll be at least as good or better than last season, and we'll be a lot of fun to watch. And we now how flexibility to keep getting better - no odious longterm contracts, we've got cap space, etc. If we draft well, make smart trades, and make smart signings we'll put ourselves in a good position to take advantage of any opportunities that may arise. And blowing things up and starting over in hopes of getting a top 3 pick just isn't an appetizing option for me, especially because our chances of winning a championship that way aren't any better than doing it the way we seem to be going, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Add in Brand, Carroll and we have good quality, real nba talent in 7 guys plus some promising youngsters in Schröder, Jenkins. And the best part is we'll see effort from all of them.

To me the worst part of the last 7 years was continually getting embarrassed on the big stage. I'm trusting this new crew won't do that as much.

• Like 3

I think a lot of people still haven't gotten over the fact that we didn't get CP3 and D12. It always feels like nobody wants to play for us but I'm starting to think that Ferry's culture of gritty hardworking players will create an environment that makes other players want to come to ATL. Not to mention next year's FA pool will be much better than this year's.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Because most people got excited about the possibility of a quick fix with Dwight. But we're building assets and still leaving the opportunity to sit down with the top FA's next year so I'm excited about the future

What top FA's next year are attractive and remotely attainable?

I wasnt disappointed about not getting cp3 or d12. I am disappointed since we are in win now mode we didnt address most of our weaknesses which was size on the wings and in the paint.

What top FA's next year are attractive and remotely attainable?

Most top FA's next year are play option and will most likely stay and even if they opt out we will be competing against teams like the lakers so we will most likely just sign another stop gap vet and continue that trend for awhile.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

I wasnt disappointed about not getting cp3 or d12. I am disappointed since we are in win now mode we didnt address most of our weaknesses which was size on the wings and in the paint.

Most top FA's next year are play option and will most likely stay and even if they opt out we will be competing against teams like the lakers so we will most likely just sign another stop gap vet and continue that trend for awhile.

I haven't looked real recently, but my view on 2014 was that it looked like a draft with franchise talents but a FA class without much at the top (making it an ideal year to dip into the lottery) and that 2013 and 2015 looked like years with at least a few franchise FA's who could conceivably sign with the Hawks.

I haven't looked real recently, but my view on 2014 was that it looked like a draft with franchise talents but a FA class without much at the top (making it an ideal year to dip into the lottery) and that 2013 and 2015 looked like years with at least a few franchise FA's who could conceivably sign with the Hawks.

I think early termination rights mean guys like LeBron, Carmelo, Wade, etc. may become available.

Arguably, a Teague/Korver/LBJ/Millsap/Horford lineup is a good match with LBJs skillset, though he would likely prefer a more dynamic second wing scorer, and another wing defender. Lou Williams may make more sense at PG with the offense running through LBJ. If the rookies evidence some defensive chops, all the better

Perhaps Ferry is angling for the 2015 NBA draft and getting a shot at that 7' heading to Kentucky.

Honestly I understand that building a strong foundation with high character guys and a consistent winning program is important, but I just really love the 2014,2015 drafts a lot. I just feel like if the nba lottery is fixed that Adam Silver just might fix it for Atlanta to make the NBA some money and land us Wiggins or at least a top 3 pick.