• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarr .vs Jackson

thecampster

This is a question I've been asking since DeMarr was not resigned. Now I feel i can articulate it better.

Jackson is averaging 16.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.9 assists in 38.6 minutes a game. Also, 1.6 steals, only .1 blocks and a whopping 3.0 turnovers a game (that's .7 more than the supposedly bad handled Dion and with .1 less assists, and 1 less board than Dion)

That said, would a healthy DeMarr at 1 mil a year been a better investment. Would/could demarr be more efficient and a better defender...at least a better care taker of the ball?

As much as I love DerMarr... my guess is no. He seems to have gotten fair trials in a couple places and couldn't stick.

I wonder if Knight had DerMarr in mind when he was trying to add a roster spot with the league. I think he probably wasn't. With Babcock gone - I don't see the Hawks having the vested interest they had before.

Call me crazy...

I still think (pre-injury) that DerMarr would've proven himself to be worthy of the #6 pick. Clearly that is what led to the 2nd chances he has gotten. Apparently he has either not recovered, or is not close to game shape.

-Skaughtybee

If DerMarr is unable to play, he should be allowed to draw

disability insurance, which I'm sure covers him.

If he is not disabled, then he should be allowed to sign

up and play in the Development League this season.

That is his only choice right now unless he can sign on

with a teame from overseas.

Whatever the outcome, I wish DerMarr Johnson the best

of luck in his future endeavors. Without the injury, I

believe he would have been a good one.

Still so young and talented -- Can end so quickly, as

we have seen.

going with the sentiment that I truly liked DerMar while here and wish him the best...

look at what we're paying Jackson (only two million a year, still well short of the league avg. of approx 4.7 mi ~ see the vet exception), I say no. Jackson brings the slashing ability and excitement taht we hoped DJ would develop...though this costs him some in the terms of turning the ball over more. They're very similar players in many respects...

How was Dermarr supposedly a trouble maker at Cincinnati? Dermarr is probably one of the easiet guys to get along with now if you had of said Kenyon Martin I might would believe you. To answer the original question of who is better I would say Jackson. I love Dermarr but Dermarr could not dribble period. Jackson might seem like a worser dribble because he dribbles too much and thus turns the ball over. I think Dermarr is a little more athletic as far as leaping ability but that is about it. I told you guys all we have to do is get rid of Dickau who won't see much playing time this year with Vaughn on the team. Trade Dickau to a team like the Bulls or the Cavaliers and get their 2nd round pick, then we would have a spot for DJ.

The last comment the AJC made on his medical condition last year AFTER the doctors gave him clearance to play was that he did not (and may never) have the full rotational ability in his neck of a normal person. In other words, he can't turn his head as far as you and me. I think you need to be able to do that at the NBA level.

I know a player has to prove himself to gain PT, however it is not always a players playing ability that places him where he is. We all know that a coach has to create chemistry. If you have a player on your team with particular qualities and another player comes along with the same qualities what do you do? You tell the new player sorry I already have that. So if that player does not make that team that does not mean that he is not good enough for the team he just does not add anything new therefore not a proper fit. Situation number 2. No matter how good you are in practice come game day things can be altogether different (ask Dion Glover) a coach can see a player practice good and still not want them on the team. Situation number 3. If a player has a talent that is not needed on a team and is asked to perform another talent, if he does not succeed that does not make him a bad ball player his just out of position (ask JT). To judge a player because he did not make a team or because you did not see him play well outside of his talent or you did not see him play enough for him to be comfortable in his role (Reference Boris) is truly an unfair judgment.

Incase you are wondering yes I am Pro DJ. I liked what I saw, I think he deserves a fair chance and all the before mentioned reasons why some of us want DJ back on the team. I am guilty of them all.