• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horford/Milsap vs. Milsap/Jefferson vs. Horford/Smith

Wurider05

I think they're going to be shorter than Millsap / Jefferson and Horford / Smith. :)

But they'll make up for it by being a smarter and harder working combo than either of the above and they'll be more efficient offensively and will likely be better on the boards as well.

• Like 3

Millsap/Horford will be infinitely better defensively than Millsap/Jefferson and infinitely better offensively than Smith/Horford. I'm still somehow a Smith fan, but I do think Millsap/Horford will be about as good as Smith/Horford. If Millsap and Horf mesh defensively, they will be one of the best 4/5 combos in the league.

• Moderators

Specifically:

Milsap will play closer to the basket on the offensive end so we should get much better offensive rebounding which is huge considering Horford is one of the best short range shooters in the league and he will probably be shooting a lot of jumpers on the PnR. Having milsap rebounding those misses will be important as opposed to Smoove who preferred to play on the perimeter and was't a great offensive rebounder.

Jefferson is not nearly as good of a defender as Horford so that should make Milsap's defensive life a lot better than in Utah.

I recall the game we played in Utah last season. Horford was awesome against Jefferson, so no contest there. My buddy from SLC said Jefferson was a terrible defender. Jefferson does have a better post game though. Smith v. Milsap may be a case where Josh has more talent but negated himself by doing dumb things. Milsap at least is not known for that.

We are still going to be a terrible rebounding team with the Millsap/Horford frontline.

How so? Both are very intelligent and fantastic positional rebounders. They should average close to 25 rebounds per game between the 2 of them. Josh had better athleticism than Millsap but he would often fail to box out and Millsap won't make a habit of that.

• Moderators

How so? Both are very intelligent and fantastic positional rebounders. They should average close to 25 rebounds per game between the 2 of them. Josh had better athleticism than Millsap but he would often fail to box out and Millsap won't make a habit of that.

I will be surprised and thrilled if they average 22 or 23 rebounds between the two of them, let alone 25.

I will be surprised and thrilled if they average 22 or 23 rebounds between the two of them, let alone 25.

I'm expecting Horford to be up around 12-13 and I think Millsap can do the same. I guess it depends on their minutes though as usually the Spurs players don't play much more than 32 minutes.

• Admin

I'm expecting Horford to be up around 12-13 and I think Millsap can do the same. I guess it depends on their minutes though as usually the Spurs players don't play much more than 32 minutes.

I expect 10ish for Al and 8ish for Paul. That is still excellent

• Premium Member

While it's true that Josh at times exhibited poor fundamentals in rebounding, our collective lack of size will continue to be a huge factor in our persistent rebounding woes imho. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think I will be.