• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

All in for trading Jeff Teague if he doesn't....

JTB

-show aggressiveness every game-put this team on his back when need be-drop atleast 20 points-avg. atleast 8 assist-defend the pick and roll-show leadership-be the voice of our team-somewhere in the running of the top 5 most improved players in the league.-take a huge step further in the playoffs-just go into flat out BEAST MODE this yearAs fan I'm expecting these things from Teague plus more! This is his chance and his opportunity to take over the hawks franchise....what else could he possibly ask for?...there's no gurantee he will get a opportunity to be "the man" somewhere else. I hope he's ready for the responsibility he will have this season.Go Hawks!....more importantly impress us Teague!

No one in the league averaged 20 and 8 last season. Only four players even got 8 or more assist. I reckon if he did all that he would be hands down the most improved player; to go along with best PG in the league.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

You guys are right 20 and 8...is unreasonable. How about 17/18 ppg and 8 assist.Surely Teague could pull that off! I'm only asking for 3 or 4 more points a game and only one more assist!...Teague can do that with more shot opportunity and the ball being in his hands way more often than ever before.By the way I don't care what other players in this league is doing to be completely honest if Teague could avg 22-25 ppg with just 4 assist maintaining a good fg percentage I would be even happier with that. So honestly lets drop the assist part because true PGs are very very overrated I rather see Teague drop a ton of points and his assist go down a bit as long as he is shooting a good fg like last year. I mention 8 assist and nobody goes crazy but the real reason everybody is jumping over my comments is because of the 20 pts. So again let's drop the assist I could care less if Teague avgs 1 more assist a game! I want Teagues scoring to go through the roof this season.So let me upset you more....trade Teague if he doesn't avg 22-25 points a game and 4 assist. (I'm not being serious but I rather Teague drops a ton of more points if you see where I'm going with this)

Forget stats - like I said before all I want is some level of consistency night in night out. I don't want the Teague that shoes flashes for 3 games then disappear for the next 4.LEAD THE TEAM / open your mouth and speak on the court!!!This is his chance so if he flubs it away it's all on him!!I would take 15ppg/7apg if we get that in 4 out of 5 games for the season.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

You guys are right 20 and 8...is unreasonable. How about 17/18 ppg and 8 assist.Surely Teague could pull that off! I'm only asking for 3 or 4 more points a game and only one more assist!...Teague can do that with more shot opportunity and the ball being in his hands way more often than ever before.By the way I don't care what other players in this league is doing to be completely honest if Teague could avg 22-25 ppg with just 4 assist maintaining a good fg percentage I would be even happier with that.So honestly lets drop the assist part because true PGs are very very overrated I rather see Teague drop a ton of points and his assist go down a bit as long as he is shooting a good fg like last year.I mention 8 assist and nobody goes crazy but the real reason everybody is jumping over my comments is because of the 20 pts. So again let's drop the assist I could care less if Teague avgs 1 more assist a game! I want Teagues scoring to go through the roof this season.So let me upset you more....trade Teague if he doesn't avg 22-25 points a game and 4 assist. (I'm not being serious but I rather Teague drops a ton of more points if you see where I'm going with this)

Only 7 players averaged 22 points and above last season but hey, we don't care what other players are doing, right? Not like that kind of sets the limitations for our expectations, what with demonstrating the difficulty for ANY player to achieve that goal yet alone one of Teague's caliber.

I can't imagine that meeting between Bud, Ferry and Teague "play like a super star or GTFO!"

• Like 2

Only 7 players averaged 22 points and above last season but hey, we don't care what other players are doing, right? Not like that kind of sets the limitations for our expectations, what with demonstrating the difficulty for ANY player to achieve that goal yet alone one of Teague's caliber. I can't imagine that meeting between Bud, Ferry and Teague "play like a super star or GTFO!"

Oh ok...he should avg 20 points!...happy?I'm not saying trade Teague as soon as he doesn't meet expectations or trade him just for nothing I'm just saying I'm sick of mediocre play!...I sure hope Teague isn't like some hawk fans and limits himself just because his name isn't lebron or Kobe! I hope Teague has the fire inside him that he truly believes he came be better than those 2. If Teague shows us nothing cause again this is his big chance to prove something to all of us I say just trade him. At some point we need to bust this all up from scratch if these players continue to prove nothing. Again I'm not saying trade him for nothing.

Oh ok...he should avg 20 points!...happy?I'm not saying trade Teague as soon as he doesn't meet expectations or trade him just for nothing I'm just saying I'm sick of mediocre play!...I sure hope Teague isn't like some hawk fans and limits himself just because his name isn't lebron or Kobe! I hope Teague has the fire inside him that he truly believes he came be better than those 2.If Teague shows us nothing cause again this is his big chance to prove something to all of us I say just trade him. At some point we need to bust this all up from scratch if these players continue to prove nothing. Again I'm not saying trade him for nothing.

It's not even about stats when it comes to Jeff. It's about impact and making players around him better as well as running the offense. If he can't do that, then he needs to still be an impact. If that doesn't happen which is likely, he needs to go.

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush."

I always thought it was "bush" ... but maybe I just have "bush" on the mind. Love me some bush over brush, that's for sure.

Otherwise, I agree with the sentiment of most of the posters here.

I think the OP expectations are well-intentioned, albeit a bit to harsh/strong. I think there's definitely room for improvement, but I'd be happy with half of the conditions set. 17/8 along with some more "dog" would be fantastic. Dog in the bush - that's what I say. Woof woof.

It's not even about stats when it comes to Jeff. It's about impact and making players around him better as well as running the offense. If he can't do that, then he needs to still be an impact. If that doesn't happen which is likely, he needs to go.

Fine agreed!.....its not about stats but when a player has that "DOG" in him, that what you mentioned "IMPACT" the stats I mentioned will show up if Teague has it in him that is but nonetheless I want Teague to be an impact player right from the start.

For years I defended Teague but just like last year with josh Smith who had his chance to make the Hawks his team and be the star he failed miserably!...Hell Teague out performed Smith plenty of times last year...anyways its Teagues turn to take some heat as well as Horford...I hope they become something Great but if they dont I have no problem giving them a had time like most did Smith last year.

Bottom line is this...Teague and Horford are getting their shots in their careers to be the alphas of the team...take advantage of every opportunity.

Fine agreed!.....its not about stats but when a player has that "DOG" in him, that what you mentioned "IMPACT" the stats I mentioned will show up if Teague has it in him that is but nonetheless I want Teague to be an impact player right from the start.

For years I defended Teague but just like last year with josh Smith who had his chance to make the Hawks his team and be the star he failed miserably!...Hell Teague out performed Smith plenty of times last year...anyways its Teagues turn to take some heat as well as Horford...I hope they become something Great but if they dont I have no problem giving them a had time like most did Smith last year.

Bottom line is this...Teague and Horford are getting their shots in their careers to be the alphas of the team...take advantage of every opportunity.

This - and if they don't they'll just be pieces to the puzzle to either keep or trade.

• 8 months later...

A year later...  Teague has a good season....  Same old cries.

He had a good season?  Looks to me like he got worse at almost everything except rebounding, getting to the free throw line more and turnovers.

post-5-0-90273100-1403718678_thumb.png

... waits for the guys who can't stand advanced numbers to say but but but his points per game are up and that's all that matters. Or well yeah but he didn't have Horford so... {/sarcasm}

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Teague is what we thought he was:

A truly average starting point guard. Anyone saying he is worse than that is kinda wrong and anyone saying he is better is kinda wrong. I'd trade him in a heartbeat for an upgrade somewhere else or just for the cap room.

Teague is what we thought he was:

A truly average starting point guard. Anyone saying he is worse than that is kinda wrong and anyone saying he is better is kinda wrong. I'd trade him in a heartbeat for an upgrade somewhere else or just for the cap room.

Not 100% true. Sometimes Teague is far better than average. Sometimes he's far worse than average. On average though, he's average. WS/48 puts him slightly under average last season and PER puts him a couple points over average.

• Premium Member

Not 100% true. Sometimes Teague is far better than average. Sometimes he's far worse than average. On average though, he's average. WS/48 puts him slightly under average last season and PER puts him a couple points over average.

That's what I'm talking about. If you take bad Teague and good Teague they actually even out to average. He's just...average. His incredible inconsistency from being really good in some games to really awful in other games makes for an all around average player.

Lmao!...and Im over here trying to go back to page one to see who created this Teague hater post? And it was my ass! Lol

Man I was pissed at Teague but his end season and playoff performance made me want to hold on to him to see if he can do it a whole season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For those who say worse... Let's see... new system.... chemistry broken in Dec.   Move from being 3rd option to being sometimes first option and the focus of the defense.  Uhm.. what do you expect?  Moreover, for those looking for consistency.. see games after the break and going into the post season.  Bout the amount of time you would expect a PG learning a new system to pick it up....not to mention the loss of Horf in that.

Once JJ is gone Teague won't have to defer...

Once Josh is gone he won't have anyone keeping the ball from him...

Now these are the new excuses for why Teague is average and inconcsistent...

For those who say worse... Let's see... new system.... chemistry broken in Dec.   Move from being 3rd option to being sometimes first option and the focus of the defense.  Uhm.. what do you expect?  Moreover, for those looking for consistency.. see games after the break and going into the post season.  Bout the amount of time you would expect a PG learning a new system to pick it up....not to mention the loss of Horf in that.

Moreover Teague was crap until the final month of the season. He didn't pick it up after the All-Star game, he was crap until the final month. Go look at his splits, he was junk in Feb and a little better in March and then picked it up a lot in April and then 6 whole playoff games. 

What will the excuse for Teague be in 2015? Tune in to find out! 

• Like 2