• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Horf on the trading blocks?

Diesel

• Premium Member

First off, all Hawks players are on the trading block at any time; however, when you look at Horf's situation, think about it.

[*]Horf is not this 22/11 guy that yall think he is. [*]DFerry duplicated Horf with Milsapp. [*]Horf has been crying for a C and is still crying. [*]We seem to be moving to more of a shoot and run team. [*]The 2014 draft will be stacked. The coincidental tank may be in effect. [*]You would think that a Captain's C would be automatic for Horf... no matter how you fell about them. [*]Horf represents the last piece of the Billy Knight era.

• Moderators

I don't see it. We're being frugal now so we can re-sign Horford and get some good players to go with him. Milsap doesn't replace Horford. Horford is much better. Unless there is a big time scorer and a 1st coming our way I can't see trading Horford. And no one trades big time scorers in this league. Except for Harden i guess, Melo. So you're saying there's a chance...

He's been on your trading blocks for two years Diesel. In reality, he is not even close to be trading. Atlanta needs to build around him. Getting Dennis Schröder is a start but he's too raw at the moment. Getting him a legit scoring stud who can be elite is Atlanta's next big goal.

Like Brooklyn with Deron, you need to keep your franchise player and just get some legit talent around him.

The trading block is:

1. Milsap

2. Korver

3. Teague

Lou, Horf, Bebe, Dennis, and our 1st rounder are not up for discussion.

If Horford is indicating that he doesn't want to be here anymore (and I wouldn't blame him for it), it would be stupid not to trade him.

It would be funny if we traded him to a team that didn't have a "true" center.

Our trade options are limited with Horford requesting to be only a PF.

Edited by GameTime

Yet another topic header that is Completely misleading

Technically, everyone is on the trade block here at the Squawk.

I propose we trade Horford for a bag of chips and a ham sammich because it's lunchtime and I'm hungry.

• Like 1

It would be funny if we traded him to a team that didn't have a "true" center.

Our trade options are limited with Horford requesting to be only a PF.

I think this problem is growing bigger than him just wanting to play PF. I think its starting to grow into a distrust for the management.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yet another topic header that is Completely misleading

Maybe, then again maybe not. He keeps telling mgt he wants a center. AS a matter of fact he was told it would be taken care of in the offseason, and as we all know it wasn't.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

We didn't get our true center this past offseason because THERE WEREN'T ANY. Dwight hates us and the rest of the lot is old and broken. If you look at this team, we are a lot better at center than we were last year. We had Zaza and Petro last season to give Horf help. This year, he has Brand, Ayón, Antić, and we drafted Bebe and Moose. Horf just needs to shut the f*** up and play basketball. Ferry can't force Dwight to sign here and isn't going to bring in a broken down Bynum/Oden just to appease a player that has actually been quite proeffiecent in playing center. Houston didn't want an overpaid Smoove and we had no other tradeable assets to snag an Asik or Noah. If Horf can't see that this is a team of pieces to make a team around him, then he needs to step back from the tree and view the whole forest. Dynasties don't happen over night and I guarantee you that Bud and Ferry view Horford the starting PF of said team. Millsap isn't a part of the future but a package of Millsap/Brand/pick may look interesting to a team on the verge of being a contender. Dirk waited a long time in Dallas to get his championship team, playing a position that he didn't like playing too. Then Dallas got Chandler for a year which moved Dirk to PF and the rest is history.

We can still get Gortat.

Asik demanded a trade as soon as Houston Signed Dwight.

It's not a question that with our capspace, we can make something happen. I think that overall, you have a case where management doesn't want a center. Isn't that what they are saying when they tell Horf, we're going to be an uptempo team?

As far as Dirk. I think he was PF the whole time. He just didn't have a good C until Chandler.

• Premium Member

Much much harder to trade horford than it is Teague.Not because teams don't want him but because the value in return will be nothing.

I was thinking about that. If we forsake immediate need and go after need and draft pick, it will work.

For instance, Horf for some good SG and a first rounder in this upcoming draft.

Remember, if the plan is to tank our way into a better team, then we can pull out a legit C with our own pick and maybe some Foward with the second pick.

• Premium Member

He's been on your trading blocks for two years Diesel. In reality, he is not even close to be trading. Atlanta needs to build around him. Getting Dennis Schröder is a start but he's too raw at the moment. Getting him a legit scoring stud who can be elite is Atlanta's next big goal.

Like Brooklyn with Deron, you need to keep your franchise player and just get some legit talent around him.

The trading block is:

1. Milsap

2. Korver

3. Teague

Lou, Horf, Bebe, Dennis, and our 1st rounder are not up for discussion.

You're constantly puffing on the pipe and having those dreams. Let's face it. Dennis is not ready... may not ever be better than Teague. Bebe is not even here and may not be in the future plans at all.

Sorry but with the stiffs we have, we could have easily given Bebe a contract and let him develop here. Instead, we sent him back to the same ole ---- that he's been doing for the past 3 years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I agree with cap...misleading headline...smh

If the headline reads Horf on the trading blocks with a Question Mark. That question marks makes this a question? Like saying Is Horf on the trading blocks?

smh.

• Premium Member

We didn't get our true center this past offseason because THERE WEREN'T ANY. Dwight hates us and the rest of the lot is old and broken. If you look at this team, we are a lot better at center than we were last year. We had Zaza and Petro last season to give Horf help. This year, he has Brand, Ayón, Antić, and we drafted Bebe and Moose. Horf just needs to shut the f*** up and play basketball. Ferry can't force Dwight to sign here and isn't going to bring in a broken down Bynum/Oden just to appease a player that has actually been quite proeffiecent in playing center. Houston didn't want an overpaid Smoove and we had no other tradeable assets to snag an Asik or Noah. If Horf can't see that this is a team of pieces to make a team around him, then he needs to step back from the tree and view the whole forest. Dynasties don't happen over night and I guarantee you that Bud and Ferry view Horford the starting PF of said team. Millsap isn't a part of the future but a package of Millsap/Brand/pick may look interesting to a team on the verge of being a contender. Dirk waited a long time in Dallas to get his championship team, playing a position that he didn't like playing too. Then Dallas got Chandler for a year which moved Dirk to PF and the rest is history.

Yea, lets tell him that and watch him walk for nothing in free agency just like smooth did. Its not like he ask for it just this offseason, he has asked every offseason.

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 1

I am in the group that would trade anyone on this team without hesitation for the right person. I agree that Horf is not a guy that will put together 3-5 years of 20/10 ball. On the other hand, I don't think we should be looking to trade Al, we should be looking to try and get Asik and a sweetner

The order is basically what has been stated in this thread.

Milsap

Korver

Teague- not because he isn't any good.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

I must be must be missing something. What center was AVAILABLE (not pie in the sky wish list stuff) to pair with Horford that provided a better tandem even on paper than Horf and Milsap? Was there a center in the draft to pair with him to make it better? Bynum n Horf? Oden n Horf? Kamen n Horf? Daly n Horf? Some Scrub n Horf? Take your pick.As of RIGHT now Asik is NOT available. Gortat is NOT available....they may both be available at the trade deadline.Read somewhere that Houston wants to attach JLin to any Asik trade, should the Hawks be will to take both those contracts. Al wants a Center, his Daddy wants a Center, I want a Center, DF wants a center, the entire Squawk wants a center - guess what? There is just none, nada, zilch RIGHT NOW!!!

• Premium Member

I think we have to see both sides here.If what we heard in the media is true, you have to give Ferry credit for trying or at least giving the appearance of trying to get a true 5. He can't be blamed for not reaching on a guy whose not worth it.On the other hand, you have to be blind not to see why Horf is frustrated. For his ENTIRE pro career, he's been told by management that he would receive help. He's apparently been told this every year for over five years now! And they do nothing. The guy comes from a team where he played next to legit bigs and won two national titles. His gripe is not just about himself, but about putting the team in a position to take the next step. Ferry gives some hope, but the previous six years have shown the Hawks have not been serious about doing what it takes to get there.

Edited by Jody23